University of Humanities and Economics in Lodz (AHE): Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarship
The University of Humanities and Economics in Lodz or Akademia Humanistyczno-Ekonomiczna w Łodzi (AHE) was established in 1993 and has slowly evolved to become the largest distance learning center in Central Europe. The university aims to nurture creative minds and help them acquire professional knowledge and skills. This private university offers its 10,000 students access to over 80 specialization courses, mainly in humanities and technology, and is among the popular universities for international students to study in Poland. AHE is also the proud recipient of the ‘Studies with the Future 2021’ Certificate and the ‘University of Leaders 2020’ Certificate.
Why study at the university?
- With 7 departments covering subjects ranging from medicine to law, the diverse curriculum ensures that AHE becomes the go-to academic destination for students.
- The publishing house at the University of Humanities and Economics in Lodz has published over 500 research articles and promotes a scientific outlook in students.
- The university has successfully implemented European Teaching Standards recommended by the National Qualifications Framework (NQF), which ensures students receive only the highest quality of education.
- Students get to avail themselves of several merit and need-based scholarships so that financial disparities do not come in the way of their growth.
- The Student Council of the University organizes numerous events and competitions, helping students gain some leadership experience.
- The entire campus is disability-friendly and accessibility is a key component of the entire AHE motto.
- AHE also has a Distance Learning Institute, which works with Maria Curie-Skłodowska University in Lublin to prepare the required study material for the Polish Virtual University.
- The Career Office at the University is run by established alumni and faculty members, to support students in shaping their professional careers.
- The Center of Sports and Active Recreation encourages students to take part in sports and use the services of qualified instructors and trainers.
|Academic Information Centre of Poznan- ‘Most Credible Schools in Poland’
|Rzeczpospolita and Perspektywy Rankings
Programs & Courses offered by the university
The University offers programs both in Polish and English. Students can enroll in several bachelor’s and master’s degree courses alongside various doctoral programs and postgraduate studies.
Management and Political Science courses are often opted for by international students.
Postgraduate studies are organized by the Centrum Kształcenia Podyplomowego in collaboration with AHE in Lodz for students who already have MA and BA degrees.
The University of Humanities and Economics in Lodz confers a BA degree upon those students who apply for the 3 year-program in either one of the multiple disciplines available. International students generally enroll in English Bachelor’s degree programs in any one of the following subjects
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
A Master’s degree from AHE allows students to fine-tune their skills and pursue a specialization in a subject they are passionate about. The most popular English Master’s programs at the university include
- Political Science
Campus and accommodation
The University has 108 rooms to accommodate its students. Some rooms are specifically designed keeping the needs of disabled students in mind. The housing facility is located away from the hubbub of the campus, in a quiet area in the Bałuty district. Public transportation is readily available for students who want to explore the city and venture out with their peers.
Each room comes with a kitchenette and a shared bathroom. Students get access to unlimited Wi-Fi and are provided with LCD TVs, study tables, chairs, and free parking. They are also given the option to rent kitchen equipment from the dining room without having to purchase the items.
The campus also contains two two conference rooms with all modern conference equipment, a pub that can be rented for events, a laundry facility, and a 24/7 open reception.
Admission requirements for international students
International students from over 35 countries apply for admission at the University of Humanities and Economics in Lodz. For both undergraduate and graduate admissions, the same procedure is followed.
After filling in the online application form given on the university’s website, students need to:
- Attach a scanned copy of all previous high school academic records with a photocopy of their passport
- Provide the payment confirmation slip
- Attach an English language certificate (if applying for the English courses)
- Provide proof of Visa or a Residence permit (if applicable)
Mail these documents to the university and await verification. Once you receive an email confirming your eligibility, you can then start your journey at AHE.
Although the overall procedure for graduate admissions is the same as undergraduate admissions, students here need to also provide a scanned copy of their higher education degrees (MA, BA, engineer’s diploma, or equivalent).
Academic records with a record of the student’s grades throughout study must also be mandatorily provided.
To ensure timely submission of documents and enhance the chances of getting admission, international students can also apply via Gyanberry, an official partner of the University of Humanities and Economics in Lodz.
Tuition, fees, and total cost of attendance
|Type of Program
|Annual Tuition Fees
Cost of living
Students at the University of Humanities and Economics in Lodz can choose to pay for their room on a daily or monthly basis. The costs differ depending on the preference of the student.
International students are usually seen sharing a 2, 3, or 4-bed room that costs 173 USD per person, monthly. In contrast to this, a single room costs 231 USD per month.
|Student ID Card
|Admission Fee (for EU students)
|Admission Fee (for non-EU students)
Thus, international students at AHE will have to pay annual tuition fees and bear additional expenses such as admission fees, accommodation and dining charges, etc. To sum up, the annual cost of attendance for an international student at the University of Humanities and Economics in Lodz will be between 6,000-6,500 USD or 22,038-23,875 AED.
Scholarships for international students
Scholarships are available for both domestic and international students. The scholarships offered are
Students whose family monthly net income does not exceed 241 USD per person in the family are eligible for this scholarship. The scholarship amount provided is generally 237 USD per month.
The application deadline for students enrolled in the winter semester is March 20, 2022.
Scholarship for people with disabilities
This scholarship is awarded for the summer semester of the academic year for 5 months and the scholarship amount provided depends on the degree of disability and does not vary according to the student’s financial condition.
The Rector’s scholarship is awarded to meritorious students who have excelled in the field of academics, research, or athletics. The scholarship is awarded based on the rank list of the previous semester.
A grant is a financial aid that is provided to students who find themselves suddenly put in difficult life situations. Such situations can include
- loss of employment
- death of a close family member
- Sudden onset of illness
- Natural disasters
Scholarships awarded by the Minister of Science and Higher Education
Only a select few students are awarded this scholarship. They have to meet the long list of eligibility criteria posted on AHE’s website.