Royal Holloway University of London
Looking to study in UK? Study abroad at one of the best European Universities, Royal Holloway University. Bedford College, in London, opened its doors in 1849, and Royal Holloway College’s stunning Founder’s Building was unveiled by Queen Victoria in 1886 – it’s still the focal point of the campus. In 1900, the colleges became part of the University of London and in 1985 they merged to form what is now known as Royal Holloway. Royal Holloway and Bedford Colleges combine over 150 years of historic discoveries, notable alumni and academic innovation. Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014 ranked Royal Holloway University within the top 25% of universities in the UK for research rated ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’. The university aims to meet the highest standards of good governance and probity and to have a clear strategy that equips us to meet the challenges of a fast-changing world. Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2020 ranked Royal Holloway University in the top 300 universities in the world and 34th overall in the UK. In the category of ‘International Outlook’, the university ranked 21st in the UK. Royal Holloway University has a total of 10,615 students, of these, 8,432 are from the UK or European Union and 2,160 are international (outside the EU) students, 23 are from the Channel Islands & I.O.M. The university have 8,035 undergraduates, 1,803 postgraduate taught and 777 postgraduate research students. There are over 74,000 alumni of Bedford College, Royal Holloway College and Royal Holloway and Bedford New College worldwide. Notable alumni include novelist George Eliot, suffragette Emily Davison, the first woman doctor in the west Dr Elizabeth Blackwell, actor Mark Strong, EU Foreign Minister Baroness Cathy Ashton, broadcaster and scientist David Bellamy and Paralympic triple gold medallist Sophie Christiansen.
ROYAL HOLLOWAY UNIVERSITY OF LONDON
Looking to study in UK? Study abroad at one of the top universities in the UK, Royal Holloway University. Its world-class research and teaching is driven by commitment to an integrated academic strategy which places emphasis on sustained excellence, nurturing its community of students, and enabling the student voice in one of the most internationally diverse universities. Royal Holloway University teaching, rated silver in the TEF, is delivered in purpose-built facilities and through a virtual learning environment and focuses on building independent research and inquiry skills from the earliest parts of the course. Tutors are experts in their subjects and offer pastoral and academic support in a programme of tutorials. Students have the opportunity to undertake short placements with industry, take a year abroad and many undertake extra-curricular voluntary work. Together with its innovative curricula this leads to a rich studying experience.
Students are taught in facilities which are modeled for their discipline. Royal Holloway University labs, including the new Beatrice Shilling science building, are equipped for study. Alongside traditional lecture and seminar rooms, the university also houses specialist facilities for creative arts, including three theatres, digital editing suites and music practice facilities. Royal Holloway’s extensive library has a stock of more than 600,000 volumes and subscribes to over 17,000 print and online journals. Located in the flagship Emily Wilding Davison Building, which is at the heart of our campus, our library is available 24/7, nearly all year round, with zones for both silent and collaborative work. The university’s VLE, Moodle, and other electronic platforms offer the opportunity for electronic study including turn in of coursework and many lectures mark online so you can access feedback easily.
Royal Holloway offers a variety of ways in which they can work with industry and business. The university’s Knowledge Exchange and Enterprise Team works closely with industry to foster relationships and build lasting partnerships to assist business in solving their unmet needs whether short-term problems or long-term strategic needs. Helping business, the investment community and others to access its knowledge and expertise. Royal Holloway University seeks opportunities to work with business in which our expertise can create new partnerships, accelerate the delivery of new products, processes or services or simply employ our unique combination of practical and leading-edge knowledge to enhance the performance of your business. This includes consultancy and commercialization, licensing of our IP, collaborative research and development, contract/technical services and hire of facilities. Knowledge Transfer Partnerships is a UK-wide programme that has been helping businesses for the past 40 years to improve their competitiveness and productivity through the better use of knowledge, technology and skills that reside within the UK Knowledge Base. A Knowledge Transfer Partnership serves to meet a core strategic need and to identify innovative solutions to help that business grow. KTP often delivers significant increased profitability for business partners as a direct result of the partnership through improved quality and operations, increased sales and access to new markets. Social enterprises see improved results, too.
Over the 130-year history of the university, Royal Holloway University have created an environment where a close-knit community thrives. The campus is one of the most beautiful in the world with numerous teaching and study spaces, bars and cafés, high-quality accommodation, and sports facilities. All this is set in 135 acres of stunning parkland. Most teaching and social activity takes place on campus and this is where most undergraduates live in their first year. It’s a friendly place, with a strong sense of community as new students soon become familiar faces. The campus is just 40 minutes by train from London and seven miles from Heathrow, with many attractions, sporting and entertainment venues within easy reach.
Heading to university is exciting. Finding the right place to live will get you off to a good start. There are lots of options for you, both on and off campus so you can find a place that’s ideal for every stage of your studies. In halls you’ll meet your fellow students, make friends and get into university life. We have a fantastic range of accommodation to suit a range of preferences and budgets. All new undergraduate students who firmly accept their offer to study at Royal Holloway and apply for accommodation before our deadlines are guaranteed a place in halls.
Royal Holloway University offer foundation year programs in
- Business, Economics, Finance and Management progressing to BSc Accounting and Finance, Business and Management, Business and Management (Year in Business), Management with Digital Innovation, Modern Languages and Management,
- Business, Economics, Finance and Management progressing to BSc (Econ) Economics, Economics and Econometrics, Economics with French, Economics with German, Economics with Italian, Economics with Music, Economics with Political Studies, Economics with Spanish, Financial and Business Economics, Economics and Management, Politics and International Relations,
- Business, Economics, Finance and Management progressing to BSc Management with Accounting, Accounting (Year in Business), Corporate Responsibility, Corporate Responsibility (Year in Business), Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship (Year in Business), Human Resources, Human Resources (Year in Business), International Business, International Business (Year in Business), Marketing, Marketing (Year in Business), Computer Science (Software Engineering), Computer Science (Software Engineering) with a Year in Industry BSc Applied Psychology,
- Engineering and Science progressing to BSc Computer Science, Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence), Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence) with a Year in Industry, Computer Science (Information Security), Computer Science (Information Security) with a Year in Industry,
- Humanities and Social Sciences progressing to BA American Literature and Creative Writing, Comparative Literature and Culture and English, Digital Media Culture and Technology, Drama and Creative Writing, History of Art and Visual Culture and Comparative Literature and Culture, History of Art and Visual Culture and Comparative Literature and Culture, Modern Languages, History of Art and Visual Culture and Comparative Literature and Culture,
- Humanities and Social Sciences progressing to BA Modern Languages and Classical Studies, Modern Languages and Comparative Literature and Culture, Humanities and Social Sciences progressing to BA Modern Languages and Drama, BA Humanities and Social Sciences progressing to BA Modern Languages and English, Humanities and Social Sciences progressing to BA Modern Languages and History, Humanities and Social Sciences, Modern Languages and History of Art and Visual Culture, Humanities and Social Sciences progressing to BA Modern Languages and Music, Modern Languages and Philosophy, Modern Languages with History of Art and Visual Culture, Modern Languages with Mathematics,
- Humanities and Social Sciences progressing to BA Humanities and Social Sciences, Drama and Dance, Drama and Music, Drama and Philosophy, Drama and Theatre Studies, LLB Law with Politics, Drama with Philosophy, English, English and Classical Studies, English and Creative Writing, English and Drama, English and Film Studies, English and History, English and Latin, English and Philosophy, Comparative Literature and Culture with International Film, Comparative Literature and Culture with History of Art and Visual Culture, Comparative Literature and Culture and Drama, Comparative Literature and Culture and English, Modern Languages with International Film, Modern Languages with Music, Politics and Law, Translation Studies, Video Games Art and Design, Film Studies, Film Studies with Philosophy, Film, Television and Digital Production, Liberal Arts, Modern Languages with Philosophy, Music and English, Music and Philosophy, Music with German, Music with Italian, Music with Philosophy, Music with Political Studies, Music with Spanish, Politics and Law, Politics and International Relations, Politics and International Relations and Philosophy, Politics with Philosophy, Politics, Philosophy and Economics,
- Foundation in Humanities and Social Sciences progressing to BMus Music,
- Foundation in Humanities and Social Sciences progressing to BSc Criminology and Sociology, Psychology, Clinical and Cognitive Neuroscience, Development and Developmental Disorders,
- Foundation in Life Sciences progressing to BSc Digital Geosciences, Criminology and Psychology, Environmental Geology, Geography, Geology, Petroleum Geology, Physical Geography,
- Foundation in Life Sciences progressing to MSci Environmental Geoscience, Environmental Geoscience with a Year of International Study, Geoscience, Geoscience with a Year in Industry, Geoscience with a Year of International Study,
- Pre Masters Business, Economics, Finance and Management progressing to MA Consumption, Culture and Marketing, Marketing, Business Information Systems, Digital Innovation and Analytics, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Human Resource Management, International Management, International Supply Chain Management, Project Management, Sustainability and Management, Engineering Management, Information Security,
- Foundation in Life Sciences progressing to BA Geography, Human Geography,
- Humanities and Social Sciences progressing to LLB Law with Criminology, Humanities and Social Sciences progressing to LLB Law with International Relations, LLB Law,
- Pre Masters Humanities and Social Sciences progressing to MA Crusader Studies, History, Hellenic Studies, Holocaust Studies, Late Antique and Byzantine Studies, Politics of Development, Public History,
- Pre Masters Humanities and Social Sciences progressing to MSc Contemporary Political Theory, Elections Democracy and Campaigns, International Public Policy, International Relations, International Security.
Approximate tuition fees for various programs may range in between 14600 USD / 53630 Dirham / 1039000 INR to 16485 USD / 60550 Dirham / 1173000 INR.
The requirements differ based on students’ academic background. Apply Now to know further information on application details, admission requirements, transcripts/marksheet evaluation, visa process and other important guidelines.