Benefits of Studying in Czech Republic
Looking to study in Czech Republic? Czech Republic is a nation which falls on the top 5 safest countries to live and study in. It hosts almost around 40000 international students from across the globe. The country operates the oldest university in Central Europe- the Charles University. It is about 700 years old and surprisingly not the only one in the country of such culture and heritage. Study abroad programs of Czech Republic is one of Europe’s most affordable and budget friendly structure. You can also approach for scholarships or study at no cost by learning Czech language and applying to Public and State Universities. Because of all these features, Czech Republic is one of the most sought after destinations for international students.
About Czech Republic
Czech Republic is known for its ornate castles, native beers and long history. The country includes historical territories of Bohemia, Moravia and Czech Silesia. Prague, the capital, is home to 9th century Prague Castle, a preserved medieval old town and statue-lined Charles Bridge. The capital city is more than 1000 years old and has a wealth of historic architecture of different styles. Because of this, the city has become a favoured location for many international filmmakers.
- Affordable tuition fees and living cost
- Cultural richness
- Academic diversity
The Czech Republic boasts the oldest academic institution in Central Europe – the Charles University in Prague, founded in 1348. Higher education holds a special place in the history of the Czech Republic. Because of which students who choose to study abroad in Czech Republic have the chance to experience a rich cultural heritage as well as one of the most exciting capital cities in modern Europe.
Higher education forms the highest level of the Czech education system. Czech higher education dates back 700 years. The central governing body for education is the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports. The Accreditation Commission fosters the quality of higher education. Since 2001, the three cycle structures have strictly been implemented in the higher education system (i.e. Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral study programs).
*Bachelor’s Degree – 3-4 years
*Master’s Degree – 2 years
*Pharmacy /Architecture – 6 years
Study abroad application for admission to Czech Republic universities and colleges is available to all students who have completed their secondary education and successfully passed an entrance exam.
**Registered students with Gyanberry are provided with detailed admission requirements as well as comprehensive guidance on the entire admission process.
a) Minimum AED 20,000 – Maximum AED 40,000 per academic year ( for engineering, business, humanities, etc.)
b) Approx. AED 40,000 – 55,000 per year for Medicine/Dentistry related courses
Living Expenses: Approx. AED 40,000 – AED 50,000 per academic year
Part Time Work: Yes, Possible
Post Study – Work Visa: Yes
- As Czech Republic is a EU member state of European Union, citizens share the same working rights as Czechs, so working in the country is relatively easy. A lot of graduate opportunities can be found in many MNCs.
- Major companies for work opportunities are listed as follows: Agrofert, AT&T, Budweiser Budvar, CEZ group, O2 Czech Republic, Pilsner Urquell, RWE, Škoda, Unipetrol, Zentival
- Opportunities available for major industries such as automotive industry, metallurgy, machinery and equipment, glass and armaments
- Recent growth areas are also present such as electrical engineering, automotive and tourism
- EU Blue Card is a work permit issued by 25 out of 28 EU Member States to highly-qualified non-EU citizens. Its intention is to stimulate economic development by making Europe a desirable destination for qualified workers to practice professional knowledge and skills as well as allowing free movement within the European Union.