A land of wood and water, proud, independent Lithuania (Lietuva) is fast being recognised as one of Europe’s gems. Southernmost of the Baltic states, it’s a pocket-sized republic that’s a nature-lover’s delight, yet lacks nothing in urban excitement. Lithuania’s foremost attraction is its stunning Baltic coastline, especially the unique silverr of white sand known as Curonian Spit. Lonely coastal wetlands lure migrating birds by the tens of thousands while inland, lush forests watch over burnished lakes. The capital, Vilnius, is a beguiling artists’ enclave, its timeworn courtyards, cobbled streets and baroque churches animated by the vibrant, optimistic culture of today.
Moreover, despite of Lithuania’s small size, it is known for its sport success, especially in basketball. If Latvia is “the country that sings”, Lithuania is definitely “the country that plays basketball”.
- Lithuania offers great value for money – top notch education for reasonable price
- Education in Lithuania is of high quality, modern with innovative way of studying. Lithuanian diplomas are recognised EU-wide
- Students at higher institutions in Lithuania can be awarded a state scholarship and can also participate in international exchange programmes e.g. Erasmus.
Higher education in Lithuania is available at universities or colleges. The higher education institutions follow the guidelines of the Bologna declaration. The Bologna process was initiated in 1999 when the Ministers of Education from 29 European countries signed the Bologna declaration in the Italian city of Bologna.
The purpose of the process is to create educational standards for academic degrees and quality assurance, to make it easier for students to move from one European country to another and to improve quality of European higher education. The system also incorporates aspects of the American higher education system and thus simplifies comparison. The Bologna system uses the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) to measure the amount of higher education credits.
*Bachelor’s degree – 3 years
*Master’s degree – 2 years
*Medicine – 6years
*Pharmacy /Architecture – 5 years
Admission requirements vary based on the course that student is applying to and also the high school or University curriculum the student is currently studying.
**Registered students with Gyanberry are provided with detailed admission requirements as well as comprehensive guidance on the entire admission process.
a) Minimum AED 20,000 – Maximum AED 40,000 per academic year ( for Engineering, Business, Humanities, etc.)
b) Approx. AED 40,000 – 55,000 per year for Medicine/Dentistry related courses
Living Expenses: Approx. AED 40,000 – AED 50,000 per academic year
Part Time Work: Yes, Possible
Post Study – Work Visa: Yes
- At the moment, Lithuania is one of the best places around the world to find a job. TEFL courses (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) are run in many cities across Lithuania
- The demand for TEFL teachers is enormous and teaching language is a brilliant way to fund your travel and earn as you go. You can work in Lithuania without restrictions after finishing your studies
- There are various places where you can work. Some of them are following: Textiles, clothing, fertilizers, industrial and agricultural machinery, oil processing, tourism, furniture making, food processing, and electronic components
- Major companies: Barclays, Coca Cola, HP, IKEA, Mars, Microsoft, Omnitel, Philip Morris, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Saab, Western Union
- Lithuanian employers value academic qualifications and language skills, so highlight your fluency in English. They also look for IT competency and business knowledge.