Al Ghurair University (AGU): Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
Accredited by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education for imparting quality education, Al Ghurair University is a private institution located in the heart of the Academic City in Dubai. The university offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs that are tailored to equip students with a dynamic skillset to boost employability. Thus, it comes as no surprise that 85% of all AGU graduates get employment or enroll to pursue higher education within six months of their graduation.
Programs in Architecture and Design, Business and Communication, Engineering and Computing, Law, and General Education lay the groundwork for quality students to achieve academic excellence. Aimed at developing students’ intellect and prowess in critical thinking, these programs are open to international students from any part of the world.
Why study at Al Ghurair University?
- The university fosters outreach programs and community engagement activities to create an impact on a global community.
- Provides a range of scholarships that offer over a 70% waiver on tuition fees.
- Provides pre-professional internship opportunities and cooperative educational work experiences to enable students to weigh their career choices.
- Collaboration with The Myriad Dubai to provide excellent accommodation options for international students.
- Has a fully-fledged Community Engagement Strategic Plan that purviews creating a difference and giving back to society.
- AGU’s engineering programs are BSCSE and BSEEE-accredited, proving testament to how these programs are specifically designed to produce graduates prepared to enter a global workforce.
- Offers affordable baccalaureate and postbaccalaureate courses across 5 faculties including Business, Engineering, Architecture, Law, and General Education.
- 22 modern laboratories to demonstrate the importance of hands-on learning and honing in on practical skills.
- AGU also houses a well-sourced library on campus that has a wide variety of educational and research material for the benefit of all faculty, staff, and students.
|EduRank ‘Best Universities in the UAE’ Rankings 2022||#40|
Programs & Courses offered by Al Ghurair University
UAE is nothing short of an upcoming global education hub. For those interested in pursuing higher education in UAE, AGU offers baccalaureate and postbaccalaureate courses in Architecture and Design, Business and Communication, Engineering and Computing, Law, and General Education.
UG programs are primarily focused on empowering students with the knowledge required to thrive in the dynamic global market. Popular UG courses opted for by international students include
- Bachelor of Business Administration in General Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering
- Bachelor of Law
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
After completing your undergraduate studies, you can choose to upgrade your skillset by pursuing a graduate program. The courses offered at Al Ghurair University include
- Master of Business Administration in Financial Management
- Master of Business Administration in Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration in General Management
- Master of Business Administration in Project Management
Campus and accommodation
Sprawling over a land area of 29,100 square meters, the AGU campus is conveniently located in the most culturally diverse locality of Dubai. The university has 26 classrooms that provide students with the resources they require to reach their full academic potential.
22 modern laboratories and 7 design studios on campus give students the amenities they need to immerse in a cross-cultural learning experience. In addition to this, they are also given access to a plethora of sporting and recreational facilities.
Arrangements for accommodation have been made 7 minute drive away from the main AGU campus in collaboration with The Myriad Dubai. Available options include single rooms, double rooms, and single-occupancy studio rooms. All the rooms are fully furnished and come with an en-suite bathroom.
Students who avail of accommodation at AGU also benefit from free transportation services to and from the campus.
Admission requirements for international students
The application process for international students applying to Al Ghurair University can be quite tedious which is why interested candidates should apply via Gyanberry. Gyanberry is renowned for making university admissions easier and faster.
All the international students applying to AGU must provide their secondary school certificate attested by the UAE consulate of the country in which the certificate was first issued. In addition to this, an equivalency certificate by the UAE Ministry of Education will also be required.
Once you have filled out the application form and decided upon the program you wish to apply to, you need to furnish the following documents
- A secondary school certificate or its equivalent / Degree certificate along with a Certificate of its equivalent from the UAE Ministry of Education
- Proof of proficiency in the English language such as IELTS / TOEFL / EmSAT scores with a passing grade as per program requirement
- Copy of SAT Math scores or EmSAT Math scores for American curriculum graduates
- Certificate of EmSAT Math and Physics for Engineering, Architecture, and Interior Design applicants.
- Certificate of EmSAT Math for Business Administration and Law applicants.
- Photocopy of a valid passport and a valid UAE residence visa
- 5 passport size photographs
You will also need to pay an application fee of 82* USD. To secure your placement, a payment of 817 USD along with 5% VAT towards the admission fee shall also have to be paid mandatorily to the University.
Once accepted, students can either pay the full tuition fee for the semester in advance or pay the fees in four equal installments as per the installment plan provided in the offer letter.
*Note: The costs are converted based on the current exchange rate, i.e., 1 AED= 0.27 USD. Exchange rates are subject to periodic change.
Tuition, fees, and the annual cost of attendance
|Type of program||Name of course,||Annual tuition fees|
|Bachelor’s Program||Bachelor of Architecture||12,931 USD|
|Bachelor of Arts in Interior Design||11,312 USD|
|Bachelor of Business Administration||10,995 USD|
|Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering||11,730 USD|
|Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronics Engineering||13,949 USD|
|Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering||13,316 USD|
|Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations||10,618 USD|
|Bachelor of Law||11,213 USD|
|Master’s program||Master of Business Administration||24,502 USD|
*Note: The costs are converted on the basis of the current exchange rate, i.e., 1 AED= 0.27 USD. Exchange rates are subject to periodic change.
Cost of living
|Application Fee||82 USD|
|Average accommodation cost||8,100-10,600 USD|
|Miscellaneous expenses||1,000 USD*|
Thus, the annual cost of attendance for an international student enrolled at Al Ghurair University is between 19,800- 36,184 USD or 72,727- 132,907 AED**.
**Note: Costs are converted on the basis of the current exchange rate, i.e., 1 USD = 3.67 AED. Exchange rates are subject to periodic change.
Scholarships for international students
International students at Al Ghurair University have the opportunity to qualify for an array of scholarships and grants.
The university’s rules state that scholarships, grants, discounts, or bursaries will be granted to new or existing students only after filling in and signing a scholarship application form before registering for each semester.
Scholarships for Undergraduates
To avail of a scholarship at the UG level, students must have a minimum GPA of 3.4. The scholarships available to them include the AGU President Scholarship, the Dean Scholarship, the Achievers Scholarship, the Merit Scholarship, and the Starter Scholarship.
A maximum tuition fee exemption of 70% is given to those who are awarded the AGU President Scholarship.
Scholarships for Postgraduates
These scholarships are given to qualified Bachelor’s degree holders enrolling in Master’s degree programs with a minimum CGPA of 3.5. The maximum percentage of discount offered is 35%.
4 types of grants are offered by AGU. These include
- Family Grants
- Corporate Groups Grant
- Al Ghurair Employees Grants
- Early Admission Waiver
The highest valued grant is given to those staff employed in Al Ghurair University and their spouse, sons, daughters, and siblings. They are eligible for a 50% Al Ghurair Employees grant.
Career prospects, placements, and salaries for Al Ghurair University graduates
AGU has opened a dedicated Career Planning and Placement Services office to aid fresh graduates entering the workforce with hands-on experience.
This Sevice cell oversees activities such as
- Providing internship opportunities and cooperative educational work experience to young pass-outs
- Helping them by conducting CV writing classes and mock interviews
- Collaborating with the AGU Alumni Placement cell to help students find jobs in the government, semi-private, or private sectors.
If you wish to stay and work in Dubai after completing your studies, you need to apply for a residence visa. After getting a job upon graduating from AGU, your employer will initiate a work permit application on your behalf via the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MoHRE)
Once the work permit is approved, you can also apply for a Residence Visa, Labour Card, and Emirates ID Card.