European University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
European University, Georgia is a higher education institution located in Tbilisi, Georgia. The university was founded on 31st December 2012. With an acceptance rate of 49%, this university has more than 300 academic and 100 administrative personnel. The university implements 12 educational programs divided into four departments under bachelor’s level and master’s level.
The European University has been recognized by organizations like In the Bologna Process Countries (EU, Great Britain, Ukraine, Turkey, etc.), the Enic-Naric Database, WHO World Directory of Medical Schools, and the National Medical Commission (NMC) India. It is also a member of The Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE), the European Association for International Education, and The Association of Medical Schools in Europe (AMSE). The European University at Tbilisi is one of Georgia’s top universities for Medicine.
The vision for 2025 is to create an open academic space with well-equipped infrastructure boosting the education standards of the university. The university also maintains student-friendly policies by providing scholarships.
|Year of Establishment||2012|
|Percentage of International Students||15%|
|Acceptance rate||48-50% depending on the course|
|Application deadline for International Students||No deadline, rolling basis.|
|Number of Academic Faculties||4|
|Annual fees for general medicine program||USD 5,000|
|Estimated cost of attendance per year for medicine students||USD 10,000|
|Scholarships for International Students||Available|
European University Rankings
According to the ‘edurank’, European University, Tbilisi was ranked:
- 8377 of 14,160 In the World
- 3156 of 5,829 In Asia
- 11 of 57 In Georgia
- 9 of 43 In Tbilisi
Why study at European University?
- European University allows applicants to work in leading organizations after their academics
- Highly qualified academic lecturers and interactive teaching methods, and international standards of teaching are a boon to the students, making it one of the top universities to study Medicine in Europe.
- The infrastructure is very well laid and well-sufficed to meet the needs of the students.
- The cost of studying is considered the lowest and very affordable.
Programs & Courses offered at European University
Four faculties operate at the European university. The various courses in the departments are mentioned below:
Faculty of Business and Technology
- Bachelor Degree Program in Business Administration;
- Bachelor Degree Program in Informatics;
- Bachelor Degree program in Tourism Administration;
- Bachelor Degree Program in Finance and Banking;
- Master’s Degree Program in Management.
Faculty of Law, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Bachelor’s degree program in Law
- Bachelor’s degree program in Psychology
- Bachelor’s degree program in International Relations
- Teacher training program
Faculty of Medicine
- Medical Doctor program MD in the Georgian language
- Medical Doctor program MD in the English language
- Dental Medicine program in the English language
- Dental Medicine program in the Georgian language
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine-The university awaits an accreditation grant and will accept students in the 2020-2021 academic session considering the results of the Unified National Examination.
Admission Requirements for International Students
Admission to European University requires clearing the Unified National Examinations.
Exemption from the examination for foreign applicants is provided in the cases mentioned below.
- If the applicant is a foreign citizen or stateless person and has received a full general or equivalent education in a foreign country;
- If the applicant is a foreign national (except for students participating in a joint higher education program and students participating in an exchange education program), and is studying/has studied and earned credits/qualifications in a higher education institution recognized per the legislation of that country.
Tuition, Fees, and Annual Cost of Attendance
|Course||Exam||Number of seats||Annual fee yearly (USD)|
|Bachelor of International Relations||Georgian Language and Literature, Foreign Language (Eng.), the choice is yours: Mathematics or History.||50||925|
|Bachelor of Psychology||Georgian Language and Literature, Foreign Language (Eng.), the choice is yours: Mathematics or History.||90||925|
|Bachelor of Laws||Georgian Language and Literature, Foreign Language (Eng.), the choice is yours: Mathematics or History.||100||925|
|Bachelor of Business Administration||Georgian Language and Literature, Foreign Language (Eng.), the choice is yours: Mathematics or History,||100||3500|
|Bachelor of Informatics||Georgian Language and Literature, Foreign Language, (Ger, Eng. Rus. Fran) Mathematics,||80||925|
|Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance||Georgian Language and Literature, Foreign Language, (Eng.) Mathematics,||80||
|Medical Doctor||Georgian Language and Literature, Foreign Language, (Eng.) Biology, the choice is yours: Mathematics or Chemistry or Physics,||10||5000|
|Doctor of Dental Medicine||Georgian Language and Literature, Foreign Language, (Eng.) Biology, the choice is yours: Mathematics or Chemistry or Physics,||10||4000|
Cost of Living
The average cost of living for one person in Tbilisi is about 415 USD a month.
Some basic expenses include-
Monthly rent (1 bedroom apartment): 370 USD/ Month.
Utilities (monthly average): 70 USD.
Monthly public transport pass: 9.7 USD,
Meal (inexpensive restaurant): 6.5 USD.
Studying Medicine at European University Tbilisi
European University offers MBBS in English at a low cost. Thus it has been a hotspot for international students desiring medical degrees. Also, no English proficiency exams are required for admissions. If you are eager to pursue Medical studies in Georgia, European University is a highly recommended choice.
The fee is USD 5000 per year.
For MBBS at European University Georgia, Applicants must fulfill the below-mentioned criteria:
- Shall be 17 years before the 31st December of the year of admission
- must have completed 10+2 examinations from the recognized university
- Should have 50% in PCB for open candidates & 40% for reserved candidates.
The application process follows an online mode, where an online interview is scheduled for the applicant after the application submission. The selection process is based on the interview, and after that, the admission formalities need to be done. For more details on eligibility and a smooth application process, get in touch with gyanberry.
Scholarships for International Students
European Union Scholarships
This scholarship is funded by the European Union and covers all of the expenses of the selected student. The scholarship supports thirty-five of the best-performing students. They are chosen from the six countries to obtain an internationally recognized International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma focusing on European Studies.
The applicants are expected to possess basic language skills. The field of study stays wide open.
Also, the funding remains variable according to the area of study selected by the applicant.
This beautiful city provides a space that has been highly sought after by medical aspirants. The university offers great international opportunities and standards in its education. The university has laid its solid grounds in the field of medical studies.
Career Prospects for International Students
After completion of the MD program, a candidate will be eligible to practice in Georgia and several other countries. The medicine programs offered by the University are accredited by Georgian National Quality Center and are recognized in the United States, Canada, Australia, and other English-speaking countries.
Working in Georgia
The following is the average pay scale in Georgia:
|Doctor of Veterinary Medicine||75,300-121,600 USD|
|Physician assistant||98,000-1,18,000 USD|
Foreign nationals who want to work in Georgia will need to obtain a long-term visa, which functions as a work permit and also allows the holder to get a residence permit after arriving in Georgia. Upon approval of the visa application, the employee can travel to Georgia.
Once there, they’ll need to obtain a residence permit from the Public Service development agency. Spouses and dependents who travel to Georgia with the employee will also need residence permits. Residence permits for foreign workers are valid for one year, after which they are eligible for renewal for up to five years.