About Charles University:
Established in 1384, Charles University is one of the oldest Universities in the world. It is ranked amongst the top 2% universities in the world. It has the reputation of being the most renowned university in the Czech Republic. Charles University comes amongst top universities for international university rankings. It is known to be the best university in Central Europe/ Even though Charles University was established long ago, their infrastructure, as well as teaching methods, are modern and dynamic. It is one of the most prestigious institutions for higher education, and hence, a dream for most students. It houses over 50,000 students and more than 8,000 faculty members.
Charles University is prestigious and famous for its research. They enhance their research every year and students who study there also get a chance to be a part of these research projects. The University is the best-performing research institution in the Czech Republic.
Charles University is affiliated with various renowned universities all over the world. This allows students who want to study abroad to spend time in another country.
There are multiple faculties within Charles University. These include Faculty of Law, multiple Faculties of Medicine, Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Sciences, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Physical Education and Sports, Faculty of Humanities and much more.
Charles University ranking:
Charles University is ranked amongst the best universities in the world. Below are the QS and THE rankings as per 2021.
- Charles University is ranked #=260 in QS Global World Rankings 2021
- As per THE ranking for World University Ranking 2021, it is ranked between 401-500th
Admission Process for studying Medicine at Charles University:
Charles University has multiple faculties for Medicine and Dentistry of which the most popular ones are represented by Gyanberry as the official representatives:
Charles University 1st Faculty of Medicine
- Offers 6 years General Medicine and 5 years Dentistry programme in the English language
Charles University 2nd Faculty of Medicine
- Offers 6 years General Medicine programme in the English language
Charles University Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Kralove
- Complete Grade High School (Grade 12 or 13)
- Appear for admission entrance exam while you are in the final year of high school or after completion of the high school or AS Level
- Pass the entrance exam + oral Interview
- Meet minimum eligibility criteria for your high school exam results (requirements differ for each type of school curriculum)
- Payment of tuition fees
- Apply for long term study visa (if applicable)
- Enrol and get admission into the University
Entrance Exams for Medical studies at above faculties of Charles University:
The entrance exam for Charles University primarily focuses on three important subjects:
Note: Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Kralove has additional questions on Mathematics as well.
All faculties also conduct an interview in the English language to assess the motivation and commitment of the student to study Medicine at the University.
The entrance exam is a multiple-choice (MCQ) pattern, wherein for every question students are provided with four possible answer options.
Eligibility Criteria for Charles University:
- To be eligible for Charles University, a student must graduate from a recognised and accredited high school
- There is a minimum age requirement that students are expected to have
- Students must clear the entrance exam conducted by authorized representatives of the University
- Students should have studied relevant subjects in the last two years of high school
How to apply to Medical faculties of Charles University:
- As the authorised representatives of the University, Gyanberry offers comprehensive admission and preparatory services to international students to have the maximum chance of succeeding in the admission procedures
- Students can visit www.searchgyanberrycom.kinsta.cloud/study-medicine and go through more details University details
- After going through all the information, Students can click on “Apply now”
- Once you fill the application form, one of the Gyanberry counsellors will contact you and provide further information relevant to your situation and profile
Fee Structure for Charles University:
First Faculty of Medicine: Approximate tuition fee is 16700 USD / 1184000 INR per annum
Second Faculty of Medicine: Approximate tuition fees is 15300 USD / 1085000 INR per annum
Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Kralove: Approximate tuition fee for General Medicine is 14350 USD / 1020000 INR per annum and for Dentistry is 15750 USD / 1117600 INR per annum
Note: Above fees are the approximate conversion of the local currency as per current exchange rates. University charges students fees in the local currency “CZK”.
Acceptance Rate into medical faculties of Charles University :
Medical faculties of Charles University are competitive to get in. Each faculty announces every year the minimum passing marks required in their entrance exams. The passing marks could range anywhere between 60% to 80%, depending on faculty to faculty. The sole decision to accept or deny the student is up to the Dean of the faculty, after evaluating the student profile and entrance exam performance.
Gyanberry provides exclusive and comprehensive online material to students to help them better prepare for the entrance exam of medical faculties of Charles University.
Accommodation for Charles University:
- Charles University students can stay on campus in dormitories. It ranges from USD 4 to USD 8 / INR 250 to INR 550 per night. There are also higher standard rooms available at about USD 12 to USD 14 / INR 900 to INR 1,000 per night
- If students wish to stay in private accommodations, the prices for that will vary basis the location, size and occupancy. It is fairly easy to find private accommodation in the cities where Charles University is. You will pay about USDISD 475 to USD 750 / INR 35,000 to INR 55,000 for a two-bedroom apartment in Prague. However, the prices will be 20 to 30% much lesser if you choose to stay in Hradec Králové
In conclusion, Charles University is one of the most prestigious universities where one can study. Moreover, it is situated in the heart of the Czech Republic – Prague as well as in other towns of the country. This allows students to visit and admire the Astronomical Clock on the Old Town Square, the Charles Bridge, and the Prague Castle, listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the largest ancient castle in the world.
Moreover, they have a lot of parks and music festivals which are very enticing for students.
Studying at Charles University, the Czech Republic allows you to gain a degree from a prestigious university at an affordable fee. They also have a range of other courses you can choose from. Studying medicine in the Czech Republic will definitely give you an unmatched study experience and become a recognised and reputed healthcare professional worldwide.