Griffith College, Ireland: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
Griffith College is one of Ireland’s largest private third-level institutions. It was established in 1974. One of the main highlights is their 4 campuses in 3 happening cities of Ireland. They are a designated educational institute of Quality & Qualifications Ireland (QQI) and their undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs are internationally recognized.
Griffith College has an outstanding reputation in producing prize-winning students and graduates, many of whom have successful careers nationally and internationally.
Why study at Griffith College?
- Griffith College has a diverse set of students from over 100 countries.
- The courses offered are internationally recognized.
- The campuses are located in the most student-friendly and happening cities in Ireland.
- Class sizes are small ensuring individual attention from the lecturers.
- Griffith College has an active community on campus. Students can be part of the different clubs and societies in the college and attend cultural events on and off-campus which helps them get the best of themselves and create memories.
- Scholarships and bursaries are provided to international students.
- According to webometrics Griffith College is ranked at #8545 in the world rankings.
- Griffith College’s School of Professional Accountancy has achieved first in the world placings on seven different occasions in ACCA examinations.
Programs and courses offered at Griffith College
Griffith College offers internationally recognized undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Apart from that, they also offer a wide range of professional and short-term programs.
Popular undergraduate courses in Griffith College:
|Pharmaceutical science||Pharmaceutical business operation|
|Counseling and Psychotherapy||Counseling and Psychotherapy,
Counseling and Psychotherapy with Addiction/Youth studies
|Apprenticeship||Healthcare Support Practice Higher Certificate|
|Business||Accounting and Finance,
International Hospitality Management,
Management and Leadership
Art and Design,
|Engineering||Industrial and Systems, Engineering,
Industrial and Manufacturing and Maintenance Skills,
|Journalism and Media Communication||Communication and Media production,
Film and Television production,
Popular Graduate courses in Griffith college:
|Pharmaceutical science||Digital Transformation,
International Pharmaceutical, Business Management,
Medical Device Technology and Business,
Pharmaceutical Business And Technology
|Business||Accounting and Finance, Management,
Edinburgh Business School, Heriot-Watt Mba,
Global Brand Management,
International Pharmaceutical, Business Management,
Procurement and Supply Chain Management
|Computing||Big Data Management and Analytics,
Interactive Digital Media,
Network and Information Security,
|Journalism and Media Communication||Journalism and Media Communication,
Journalism and Public Relations,
Tv And Radio Journalism
|Law||International Business and Law
International Communication and Law
International Human Rights Law
Campus and accommodation
Griffith College has 4 campuses located in the 3 most student-friendly cities in Ireland.
- Cork campus: This is Griffith college’s main campus situated at the heart of the city on Wellington road. This 5 acres campus is located ideally for international students with close proximity to the main train station and shopping streets.
- Dublin main campus: It is located on Dublin’s south circular road. The campus is spread over 7 acres of land offering a wide range of amenities including car parking, a food court, and a fitness room.
- Dublin city campus: This is the newest campus located in the heart of the city. It is an ultra-modern campus with state-of-the-art teaching aids like document readers, live streaming equipment, and digital projectors. It is also very convenient for international students as it has plenty of transit options and room rentals nearby.
- Limerick Campus: It is located on O’Connell Avenue. It is close to the city’s main train and bus routes and ideally situated for those seeking to explore the attractions in the west of Ireland.
- Griffith Halls of Residence: It is located conveniently on the Griffith College campus and is within walkable distance to the Dublin city campus. It houses over 600 students. This residence is very student-friendly as it provides 24-hour security, unlimited free internet access, and fully furnished apartments for an all-inclusive fee.
- There are also independent student-friendly accommodation options in Ireland provided by numerous websites such as College Cribs, Roomgo, and student.com
- There are many student accommodation sites in the city like Deanshall, EazyCity, Hatch, Nido Student, VivaIreland, and Stay Cork.
- Deanshall is a very good option for student apartments. It is located in the city around a 30-minute walk from the college. Apartments are shared with other students, either Irish or International. Students have their own room and bathroom with private study facilities and an internet pointLimerick:
- There are many student accommodation sites in the city of limerick. Grove Island Student Apartments is one of them. It is a self-catering student apartment just a 20-minute walk from the campus. It includes all student-friendly amenities such as fully furnished apartments with attached bathrooms, private study facilities, free broadband internet access in each apartment, 24-hour security, an on-campus shop, and laundry facilities. Some other options are Thomond Village, Brookfield Hall, City Campus.
Admission requirements for international students
- Application portal: Online
|*English language proficiency test||Required||Required|
|Bio page of passport||Required||Required|
|Statement of purpose||Not required||Required|
|Recommendation Letters||Not required||Required|
* Griffith College accepts IELTS and TOEFL.
Tuition, fees, and annual cost of attendance
|Course||Annual Tuition Fees (USD)|
|Postgraduate degree programs||16,227|
|Postgraduate diploma programs||13,909|
|RIAP Fees (USD)|
|Dubin (UG)||Dublin (PG)||Cork||Limerick|
|International Student Support Fee||231||231||231||231|
|Protection of Enrolled Learner Fee||283||283/330/353||283||283|
Cost of living
|Rent(Griffith Halls of Residence shared twin room price)||7,650|
|Immigration Registration Fee||347|
The average annual expenses for an international student at Griffith College Ireland would be 28,422 USD or 104,379 AED.
Scholarships for international students
There are two categories of scholarships and bursaries available to Griffith College applicants– a college bursary and an Academic Merit Scholarship (AMS).
Scholarships and bursaries are awarded at the time of admission to the college and apply to all the years of study.
- The college bursary is awarded to every applicant who is admitted into a program of that college. The amount differs according to the course and the campus.
- The Academic Merit Scholarship (AMS) is an additional scholarship offered to students who demonstrate a strong academic performance at the time of application. It has 3 levels and the eligibility of each level differs based on the campus and course. The eligibility criteria are based on the average percentage in the highest level of education and the English proficiency test score.
|AMS level||Scholarship amount (USD)|
Griffith College is definitely the best place to pursue your higher education in internationally recognized courses. The bonus is that you can avail of scholarships and bursaries. The college also offers the best facilities, which are worth experiencing.