Humanitas University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
Humanitas University is an Italian university. It is a private university providing medical sciences education to students both nationally as well as internationally. Since the university is built inside the hospital, it is known as Hunimed. The Humanitas Research Hospital Campus is located in Rozzano, part of the Metropolitan City of Milan. The university is part of the Humanitas Group, and it commenced operation in 2014.
There are more than 20,000 students and 2500 faculty members at the university. 19% of the student body consists of international students. International students typically pay around 23,000 USD annually.
Humanitas University offers various courses, among which the most prominent is the Doctor of Medicine and Surgery degree program, taught entirely in English. Furthermore, programs are available in general surgery, cardiovascular disease, digestive problems, internal medicine, oncology, and diagnostic imaging. Hunimed works closely with the US National Board of Medical Examiners to meet the standards for student assessment.
- 2020 Shanghai rating of 601/700
- #392 in Clinical clinical medicine according to US News 2022 report
- Ranks 61 in the category of Gastroenterology and Hepatology according to US News 2022
Why study at the Humanitas University?
- In addition to being one of the most beautiful, young, and multicultural cities in Europe, Milan is also a center of innovation in the life sciences. The city has good connections with other European nations as well.
- There are 1350 students from 31 countries studying at the Hunimed Campus. The university has a 60:40 female to male ratio.
- The United States Medical License Examination Steps 1 and 2 can be taken by Humanitas University students through an agreement with Benedictine College. After passing the exam, they are qualified to apply to United States medical residency programs.
- The university offers a Cardiovascular MR Imaging course, tailored for technologists with strong core expertise in the fields of magnetic resonance imaging or cardiology.
- The Endocrinology, Metabolic Disorders, and Nuclear Medicine programs are developed with the collaboration of other leading teaching institutes.
- Studies are organized in small groups with a student-to-staff ratio of 14:1.
- In the third year, students are exposed to direct clinical experience through a strong tutoring system.
- The university encompasses a research center that employs cutting-edge technology to facilitate clinical application of the most recent advances in technology.
- The university works in close association with the IRCCS Instituto Clinico Humanitas. It’s the first-ever certified academic hospital in Italy.
- The University is recognized by the World Health Organization and is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools. It has received accreditation from the medical councils of the following nations such as the UK, Ireland, the US, Canada, Australia, etc.
- All degree courses are designed around problem-based learning, case studies, and concept maps, as well as extensive simulations and 3D anatomy atlases.
Programs & Courses
The university offers quality medical programs under the guidance of highly qualified faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure. The university takes an integrated teaching approach to ensure that its students gain professional expertise alongside theoretical knowledge, which encourages students to develop analytical and reflective skills as well as practical experience in a clinical setting.
The university provides two undergraduate courses taught in English, namely MD in medicine and surgery, MEDTEC School.
|Name of course
|Fees in USD
|Fees in AED
|Medicine and Surgery
|Medical and Biomedical Engineering
Graduate programs are also available for students wanting to specialize in specific areas of medicine, such as master’s programs for advanced technologies in rehabilitation, master’s programs in advanced endoscopic ultrasound, and master’s programs in bowel ultrasound.
|Name of course
|Fees in USD
|Fees in AED
|Master in Biliopancreatic Endoscopy from Humanitas University
Campus and Accommodation
The campus is embellished with libraries, auditoriums, computer labs, a cafeteria, laboratories, hospitals, medical and sports facilities. Humanitas University is the only Medical School in Milan with its campus, offering student accommodation just a few steps away from your University, Hospital, and Research Center. With the University, the Hospital, and the Research Centre only a few steps from the residence halls, students experience integrated education. Students have access to all common areas, including study halls, gyms, television rooms, laundry rooms, shared kitchens, cafeterias, and food services. Student accommodation consists of around 240 fully furnished single and double beds, each with a private bathroom, shared living room, and kitchen. Annually, a suite would cost 17330 USD, a single room averages 11435 USD, while a double room with at most two students costs 8663 USD.
Admission requirements for international students
Applicants are chosen based on their academic performance. Good grades in biology and chemistry significantly weigh the application process. The university conducts the HUMAT exam twice a year to select potential candidates. It consists of 60 multi-choice questions with four response options and a maximum time of 120 minutes.
It is composed of two sections, scientific thinking and academic literacy/critical thinking. The test aims to evaluate students’ mathematical, visual thinking, analytical thinking, and logical reasoning.
The candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% in higher and senior secondary examinations in and English subjects from a board recognized by the authorities in India. In addition, the student must also qualify for the National Eligibility Entrance Exam (NEET). IELTS exam is accepted but not deemed mandatory for admission purposes.
Important documents required are as follows:
- Passport (Minimum 18 months validity).
- 10th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate & Mark sheet.
- Birth Certificate
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Italy.
- Authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- HIV test documents
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree
Scholarships for international students :
Each academic year, scholarships will be awarded based on the criteria established in Art. 4 of the Regulation. Students will be assigned scholarships based on their performance on the Entrance Exam and their motivational interview results. A 300 is the highest score possible. Candidates who are ranked within the first 10 positions on the Non-EU Entrance Exam Ranking List are eligible for the scholarship. The university offers 4 partial scholarships, valued at around 18,482 USD.
|Annual Academic Costs Not covered by the scholarship