Study Medicine in Italy – Why should you choose?
Study Medicine in Italy is a good option because of top Medical universities which are recognized(like WHO, MCI and across the European Union) all over the world including renowned accrediting bodies. The universities have a very nice infrastructure coupled with highly qualified faculty. It has lower tuition fees as compared to the USA and UK so we can say Study Medicine in Italy is a good option.
Reasons to Study Medicine in Italy:
- Affordable Fee: The tuition fees are also lesser as opposed to other countries like USA/UK.
- World-Renowned University: Italy have many prestigious universities.
- Easy Transportation: Italy is well connected with all over the world and has different transportation facilities(buses, trams, trains and cabs) that students can easily avail.
- Study in English: Studying Medicine in Italy is a good option since most universities use English as their teaching language.
- World Recognized Degree: A degree from an Italian university is recognized all over the world by UNESCO, WHO, MCI, European Council and other accrediting.
- Unmatched infrastructure: Italian universities provide students with modern equipment and top-tier facilities.
- Superior Healthcare System: Italy is ranked as the country with the best healthcare system around the world. So students will get a chance to practice in the best medical facilities around the world.
Top Medical Universities in Italy as per QS Ranking:
- Alma Mater Studiorum – University of Bologna
- Università di Padova
- University of Naples – Federico II
- Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
- Università degli Studi di Pavia
Syllabus for Entrance Exams to Study Medicine In Italy:
Entrance exams for Medical Universities in Italy include Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Logical reasoning, Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative reasoning
Mock Questions for Entrance Exams:
Fee Structure :
The fees range from 13 Lac to 17 Lac INR/Year ($18K to $24K)/Year
The cost of living is about 5Lac INR/Year ($18K )/Year
Quick Highlights for Study Medicine in Italy
The Month of Admission – Universities usually start in September. However, the admission deadline for Medicine in Italy may vary from University to University
Minimum Percentage required – To Study MBBS in Italy ideally students are expected to have successfully completed senior high school with at least 50% in 12th grade. However, due to high competition, it is ideally expected to have a distinction in Grade 12.
Age – There is no minimum age requirement. The average age of applicants is 17-25 years
Language of Teaching – English
Course Duration – 6 years ( including internship)
Climate – Seasonal and Mediterranean climate
Exams Required – NEET (for Indian applicants who want to study MBBS in Italy and later transition to practising in India), TOEFL or IELTS (English Language Proficiency tests) might be required depending on your nationality and high school curriculum.)