Medical Studies from Poland: Job Prospects, Salaries, Post Graduation & Research
After finishing medical study in Poland, an international candidate has the following broad prospects to choose from:
- Become a medical practitioner
- Pursue a postgraduate degree (Ph.D.)
Medical professionals hold a prestigious position in world society. MBBS in Poland is one of the sought-after courses in the world. Most of the medical universities in Poland are approved by the National Medical Commission (NCM) of India, MCC (Medical Council of Canada), ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates), and also listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS). Therefore, many international students prefer to study in Poland.
Graduates from the medical universities of Poland are eligible to practice their medical careers in any part of the world. Therefore, after completing their MBBS/MD degree and clearing the Medical Licensing Examination, graduates can settle anywhere around the world and follow their desired career path.
Here is a detailed account of all of the opportunities you can grab after medical study (MBBS) in Poland.
Practice medicine in Poland
- You need a medical license to practice medicine in Poland. The license is issued by the Polish Chamber of Physicians and Dentists. The following are the requirements.
- Pass the LEK (Lekarski Egzamin Końcowy) or the Medical Final Exam.
- Complete a post-graduate internship in your field.
- The graduate should apply to the Regional Chamber of Physicians and Dentists for a “Right to practice the profession awarded in order to complete the internship” to do an internship in Poland.
- The Polish language exam conducted by the Polish Chamber of Physicians and Dentists is mandatory for all students who completed their medical degree from any Polish medical university in English.
The average yearly salary for a Physician or Doctor in Poland is 4,391 USD (16,125 AED).
Practice medicine in UAE
You need a license to practice medicine in the UAE. The following are the licensing authorities and the specific territories you can practice.
|DHA (Dubai Health Authority)||Four Government Hospitals|
|MOH (Ministry of Health)||Northern emirates (excluding Dubai and Abu Dhabi)|
|DHCC (Dubai Healthcare City)||Dubai|
|HAAD (Health Authority Abu Dhabi)||Abu Dhabi|
It takes 2-4 weeks to review the initial application. After the exam is given and cleared, the labor and insurance card has to be uploaded in under 5 working days.
Basic medicine degree (MBBS) from a recognized university or college.
All the certificates should be recognized by the WHO listing.
According to the Payscale statistics, the average yearly salary for a Doctor or Physician in UAE is 108,813 USD or 399,619 AED.
Practice Medicine in India
It is required to have a license issued by the National Medical Commission (NMC) for a candidate who wants to practice medicine in India after the completion of medical studies in Poland.
The candidate has to appear for the National Medical Commission (NMC) screening test or the Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE) to get a license.
This exam is conducted twice a year in June and December.
Basic medicine degree (MBBS) from the university approved by MCI.
Documents in support of the candidate having passed the final examination.
- Admit Card issued by the National Board of Examinations (NBE).
- Candidate’s photograph (min 35x45mm), comprising the name of the candidate and the date of capturing at the bottom of the photograph.
- Any of the authorized photo Identity: PAN Card/Driving License/Voter ID/Passport/Aadhar Card.
According to the Payscale statistics, the average yearly salary for a Doctor or Physician in India is 9,259 USD or 34,003 AED.
Postgraduate Studies in Poland
Graduates of medicine (MBBS) can opt for the Ph.D. programs offered by the medical universities in Poland.
International Ph.D. programs are offered by the following universities in Poland.