About Palacky University Medicine:
Established in 1573, Palacky University is the second oldest university in the Czech Republic. It has a total of eight faculties which includes health science, physical culture, science, education, medicine and dentistry, law and philosophy. They also have specialised research centres and institutes. It is one of the leading universities in research.
Palacky University is home to more than 23,000 students. The university offers 207 accredited degree programmes and 97 accredited degree programmes in foreign languages. Students at Palacky University believe in practical training. Due to this, the students get hands-on experience with actual professionals from the field.
As a Medical Faculty, Palacky University is committed to providing students with unmatched standards of research and teaching.
Moreover, they also provide students with extra-curricular activities through sports, theatres, gyms, students clubs, and much more!
Palacky University has a lot of exchange programmes which is not only for students but for staff as well.
Admission Requirements for Palacky University Medicine:
- Complete secondary school education (a high-school diploma)
- Entrance Exam: Written & Oral exam in the subjects of Biology, Chemistry, & any one out of Physics or Mathematics
Syllabus for Palacky University Medicine:
The syllabus for Palacky University Medicine includes the following:
1. Cell Structure
2. Cell Function
4. Genetics – examples
5. Genetics Manipulation – Engineering
Human body structure and function:
6. Locomotion System in Humans
7. Circulatory System, Body Fluids, Blood
8. Respiratory System
9. Energy Metabolism, Homeostasis
10. Excretion System, Skin, Sensory Organs
11. Regulation of Human Metabolism, Hormonal system
12. Human Nervous System, Reflexes
13. Human Reproductive System, Ontogenesis
14. Stem Cells
15. Human Diseases and Healthy Lifestyle
1. General Chemistry
2. Basic Calculations in Chemistry
3. Inorganic Chemistry
4. Organic Chemistry
- Physical Quantities and Their Units
- Molecular Physics and Thermodynamics
- Mechanical Wave Motion and Acoustics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Physical Measurement Methods
For all subjects: General knowledge such as basic mathematical operations, unit conversions etc. is required.
Free Mock Test for Palacky University Medicine
Palacky University Medicine Application date:
|Application Date for Winter Semester||May to June|
|Application Date for Summer Semester||October to November|
|Course Duration for General Medicine||6 Year Programme|
|Course Duration for Dentistry||5 Year Programme|