Berlin International University of Applied Sciences: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
The Berlin International University of Applied Sciences is a state-recognized young German Institution in Charlottenburg. Founded in 2014, it is a non-profit organization with an international profile. As part of the BAU Global Education Network, 535 students from 92 countries are enrolled here.
The programs are taught completely in English and have been accredited by the German Council of Science and Humanities. At Berlin International College of Applied Sciences, the student gets specialized programs in Business Administration and Architecture catering to their needs. Moreover, it is a great opportunity to study in Germany at an affordable rate. The college is located in the capital of the country, Berlin famously known as a cosmopolitan and creative hub filled with opportunities.
In addition to this, the core values of the college include integrity, respect, excellence, innovation, and social responsibility. The institution strives to ensure that its students feel welcomed and at home in their international academic community.
Berlin International University of Applied Sciences: Highlights
|University Type||Private University|
|Year of Establishment||2014|
|Total Enrollment||535 students|
|International Student Percentage||68%|
|Application Deadline for International Students||Summer semester deadline: 31 January 2023
Winter semester deadline: 31 August 2023
|Scholarships for International Students||Available|
Why study at Berlin International University of Applied Sciences
- The university takes a multicultural approach to education with an international student strength of 68% from 92 different nationalities.
- Berlin International collaborates with the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Academy to complement the cloud computing curriculum.
- 8 study programs are taught exclusively in English to enrich the higher education landscape in Germany.
- 84% of the teaching staff have studied or worked at international universities, showing the university’s commitment to providing quality teaching facilities.
- Financial aid in the form of scholarships is available for all students at Berlin International. These offer a waiver of up to 25% off tuition fees.
|UniRank||#90 in Germany
#1749 in the world
Programs and courses offered by Berlin International
The Berlin International University provides 6 Bachelor’s degree programs and 2 master’s degree programs in Architecture, Design, and Business. All the programs are taught in English. These are designed to give students access to a cutting-edge international study experience.
The bachelor’s programs taught at the university include
- BA Architecture
- BA Interior Architecture/ Interior Design
- BA Product Design
- BA Graphic Design & Visual Communication
- BA Business Administration: International Management & Marketing
- BA Business Administration: Human Resource Management & Leadership
- BA Digital Business & Management
The master’s programs offered by Berlin International are
- MA Interior Design
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Campus and accommodation
The university campus is modern and spacious. It is equipped with everything a student needs, ranging from computer labs, workshops, and seminar halls to a well-stocked library. The facilities include a rooftop cafeteria, mac lab, modeling workshop, studio, and more.
However, the university currently does not offer any accommodation for its students. Students can request for help in locating accommodation. The most popular choices for international applicants include student residence halls and private accommodation options.
For those going house-hunting on their own, using phrases like ‘Studenten-WG’ and ‘Studentenwohnung’ will come in handy. Accommodation, with the inclusion of communal costs, circles to be around 300-700 euros per month.
Admission requirements for international students
Those interested in enrolling at Berlin International should apply via Gyanberry, an official partner of this coveted German university.
Application fees: 283 USD
To enroll in UG courses, students will need to furnish the following set of documents
- High School Diploma with grades
- Passport or European ID card
- English Language Test (level b2 or above)
- Portfolio with 10 works (for Design and Architecture programs only)
For graduate admissions, the records required include
- High School Diploma with grades
- University Certificate and transcript of grades
- Passport or European ID
- English Language Test (level B2 or above)
- Letter of Motivation
- Portfolio with 10 works (for MA Interior Design only)
- Letter from employer (confirming a minimum of 1-year continuous full-time employment, for MBA only)
Tuition, fees, and the annual cost of attendance
A comprehensive table outlining the semester costs for each program at Berlin International is provided below. Students should note that once they have started their study program, the next payment will be due at the end of the first semester.
|Program||Annual tuition fees in USD|
|BA program, Faculty of Business Administration||7,882|
|BA program, Faculty of Architecture & Design||8,718|
|Master’s Program, 2 years||10,510|
|Master’s Program, 1 year||11,943|
Cost of living
A large chunk of international students flock to Germany for higher education. This is primarily because Germany has some of the best student cities in the world, brimming with social life and opportunities for young students.
The cost of living for prospective applicants is approximately 906 USD per month. The amount ranges anywhere between 800 USD to 1400 USD monthly, subject to the lifestyle of the student. To know more, click here.
Thus, the annual cost of attendance for an international student enrolled at the Berlin International University of Applied Sciences ranges between 18,754- 28,743 USD or 68,883- 105,573 AED*.
*Note: Costs are converted based on the current exchange rate, i.e., 1 USD = 3.67 AED. Exchange rates are subject to periodic change.
Scholarships for international students
All students at Berlin International can avail of scholarships consisting of a 25% reduction of the tuition fee. Scholarships covering an academic year are also granted at the college. Candidates admitted to any bachelor’s program can apply for the scholarship within 2 weeks of the start of the academic year. Some documents required for this purpose include
- Letter of Motivation
- New Students: Letter of reference
- Last school certificate- for 1st-semester students
- OIS Transcript Records- for 2nd-semester students
- Portfolio- for Architecture and Design students
Other than these, international students can also search for other scholarships provided by third-party agencies and Gyanberry.
Career prospects, placements, and salaries for graduates
The BI Career Center is the primary interface between students and companies seeking new talent. Berlin International University of Applied Sciences collaborates with JobTeaser to offer its student population exclusive career services. Some initiatives taken by them include
- Helping students create personal profiles and get access to trainee positions, apprenticeships, part-time jobs, and more.
- Conducting networking events where the top 400 companies, multiple SMEs, start-ups, and NGOs around the world offer students exciting opportunities.
- Running placement drives and recruiting workshops on campus.
- Maintaining a dedicated Resources section to provide access to advise articles and videos related to career topics.
Following graduation, all international students can work in Germany after applying for a visa. As per government guidelines, international students are required to extend their resident permit for up to 18 months to get a job in their field of study. After finding a job, students can then apply for an EU Blue Card which will enable them to work in any EU state.