Admission Requirements to study medicine in Lithuania- Documents Required, Eligibility Criteria, and Application process
Medical studies are one of the noblest and difficult fields of study to pursue. Once you have set your mind to get a degree in medical studies in Lithuania, this article will help you understand the admission process for medical studies in the country.
Before applying for any university it is important to know their acceptance rate, types of medical programs offered, and the admission process along with eligibility criteria.
Acceptance Rate of Top Medical Universities in Lithuania
Medical Programs offered in Lithuania
There are various medical study programs offered in English in Lithuania, while the medicine and surgery undergraduate programs are most popular, students can browse further according to their interest and access Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, and other health science programs too.
|Applied Public Health
After you have a clear view of which courses you want to study and the colleges you are going to apply to, the next step is to keep an open eye on their application dates, process, and eligibility criteria.
Admission Details for Lithuanian University of Health Sciences
First, you have to understand that there are a couple of different ways of getting admitted to this institute. Before that here are some things you need to pay attention to:
- You should have completed or been in the process of completing secondary school/high school and be qualified for higher education in your native country to be eligible for enrolment.
- Biology and chemistry should have been taken in high school, and other natural science subjects such as physics and maths are also beneficial.
- Students must demonstrate that they have sufficient English language skills. It is necessary to have a B2 or similar level in English.
You can still apply if you have not completed high school at the time of application, but you must produce an official letter validating your progress and most current academic results.
The university begins accepting applications in November, with an application deadline of mid-June. From January through early July, entrance tests are held regularly.
Your application must be submitted electronically through the university’s application platform along with necessary documents which include an English language proficiency certificate.
Admission to this university does not end with your previous achievements. They have a very rigid structure for the admission process for medical studies.
- If your application is accepted, you may be found eligible to take an admission exam. This can be done in Lithuania or in a few other cities around the world where your knowledge of Biology and Chemistry will be put to the test.
- Provide the Score Reports of BMAT, MCAT, IMAT, NEET Subject Tests in Chemistry (for Medical Psychology – Mathematics) and Biology.
Entrance Exam Structure
- The exam is structured similarly to an SAT topic examination, with 30 multiple-choice questions in biology and chemistry.
- If you don’t have a certificate demonstrating your English language proficiency you will be required to take an English language test on the same day as the entrance exam.
- You may be chosen to get an offer to enroll at the institution based on your exam results. If you clear the entrance stage and get an offer letter, make sure to read all the details. If you choose to proceed with the admission a 250 EUR registration fee must be paid to the University’s account whose details will be provided in your offer letter.
You may avoid the LSMU entrance examination if you have completed studies in a biological field at another approved university and received a Bachelor’s degree. After a thorough examination of the curriculum, courses taken during earlier studies could be validated.
Admission Details for Vilnius University
- Every year, the academic year begins in September. Usually, the university accepts applications at the start of the new year. If you are a non-EU/EAA citizen, the deadline for submitting your application is May 1st.
- Remember to attach all required documents.
- The application is submitted electronically through the university’s application portal and you have to pay 100 EUR as application fees. They have provided the bank details on their website.
- Your application will next be assessed based on several elements, the most essential of which are your high school GPA, SAT/MCAT, and English test results, and motivation letter. In this step, they will also clarify the authenticity of your application.
The selection process for Vilnius university is very straightforward. It requires you to possess some results and certifications from a few institutes.
- You should have finished secondary school/high school and be eligible for higher education in your native country.
- Biology is a compulsory subject, and other natural science subjects such as physics, maths, or chemistry are also beneficial.
- In addition, by the time you apply, you must have taken the biology SAT or an MCAT exam and received a minimum score no more than two years earlier. The tests can be taken in your nation or in any other country that offers them.*
- You must have taken a subject test in biology E or M and received a minimum score of 600 on the SAT exam, and a minimum score of 500 on the MCAT exam.*
- These tests not only confirm you’re natural science knowledge but also act as verification of English language skills
*Applying via Gyanberry can get you exempted from taking the SAT subject tests as well as MCAT, get in touch to know more.
If you are chosen, you will be notified via the online application system with an acceptance letter. Within 7 working days, you must indicate that you accept the offer.