Astrakhan State Medical University (ASMU) : Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
Astrakhan State Medical University was established in 1918 as a state university. It is one of the most prestigious and oldest universities among medical institutions in Russia. The university is situated in the city of Astrakhan, Russia.
Astrakhan State Medical University delivers excellent quality education to students across the globe. Since 1918, Astrakhan State Medical University has graduated approximately thirty thousand medical aspirants. Reportedly, they all are working around the world in different countries as recognized doctors and health practitioners.
The University is also recognized by the World Directory of Medical Schools and WHO (World Health Organization).
In Russia, Astrakhan State Medical University is the only state university that has introduced academic programs in Pharmacy, General Medicine, and Dentistry in three languages of instruction: French, Russian, and English.
Astrakhan State Medical University Rankings
- Astrakhan State Medical University is ranked at 285 among all medical universities of Russia.
- Astrakhan State Medical University received a prestigious certificate “European Quality” in 2009 and 2010 and a gold medal for coming under “100 best Russian State Universities”.
Why study at Astrakhan State Medical University University?
- Quality education in ASMU satisfies all requirements of the current international labor market in particular.
- Aspirants who have graduated from Astrakhan State Medical University are given a ‘Diploma of Higher Education’ (which is internationally recognized) along with program specialization mentioned with the details of the degree.
- Also, ASMU graduates are given a Diploma supplement, which entitles them to get foreign credentials evaluation in about 47 European countries according to the norms of university. Graduates have the advantage to work in or get an education in these fellow countries.
- To train a maximum number of specialists from abroad is ASMU’s priority and the passed out aspirants are already practicing in more than 100 countries across the globe.
Programs & courses offered at Astrakhan State Medical University
Astrakhan State Medical University has a decent student-faculty ratio of 17:1 and it offers 4 medical programs in English for international students. The programs are as follows-
- General Medicine
|Programs||Years of study|
|General medicine||6 years|
Campus and & Accommodation at Astrakhan State Medical University
Hostels in Astrakhan state medical university are situated near the educational building to maintain comfort while reaching the university. Cafes, clubs, and libraries are located near hostels to avoid inconvenience among students. The gym is also available for both boys and girls. Adding to the fact, all essential amenities are available within the campus only.
Available amenities are tabulated below.
|Attached washroom in hostel rooms||Separate wing for boys and girls|
|Air-conditioned rooms||A heating facility within the hostel|
|Mess facility to all hostelers||Indian food is also available|
|A common kitchen||Tight security|
|Laundry facilities||24*7 high-speed wifi|
Admission Requirements for International Students
The acceptance rate is 15%, reflecting that it is difficult to secure a seat at the university.
- Fill the application form on the official website of the university and correspondingly, you’ll receive an email that has RACUS representative office’s contacts in your respective country.
- A Standard application form (which is received from RACUS representative office)
- A copy of the Secondary school certificate with the transcript.
- A Signed contract (which is received from RACUS representative office)
- NEET Scorecard; or its equivalent depending on the candidates country of residence
- Copy of passport
- Passport size photograph
Application deadline- RACUS representative office in respective countries of applicants takes submissions every year starting from 10th January to 1st October. As seats are limited, applicants are requested to fill the form at their earliest.
An admission letter will be received within three days after submitting the documents to confirm the seat at the university. Attached with the admission letter, an Invoice will also be sent. The payment is to be done within 30 days after receiving the invoice.
- An Aspirant is expected to score at least 50% in Biology, Physics, and Chemistry in high school.
- Reserved categories (ST/SC/OBC) aspirants are expected to obtain an aggregate of 40% marks for being eligible for admission in ASMU.
- Aspirants must have qualified NEET with good marks (for Indians).
- For others, aspirants must have qualified the required national medical exam in their home country.
- Candidates should be above 17 years of age and less than 25 years of age.
Tuition, Fees, and Annual Cost of Attendance
The average living expenses for international students at Astrakhan State Medical University are tabulated below.
|Particulars||Approximate annual expenses in USD|
|Tuition fee||4020 USD|
|Food expenses||3000-3250 USD|
|Personal goods||500-1500 USD|
|Total expenses||9,321 USD|
Annual expenses for an international student pursuing their higher education from Astrakhan State Medical University is 9,321 USD or 34,234 AED.
Scholarships for International Students
Scholarships and grants provided by Astrakhan State Medical University help international students to pursue the desired program with less financial burden.
- RACUS ORGANIZATION’S “BRIGHT FUTURE” SCHOLARSHIPS
The “BRIGHT FUTURE” scholarship of the RACUS organization gives benefits in the tuition and as well as in accommodation fee for the total period of degree. The list of documents that will be required for registration for the scholarship by the organization are given below-
- leave a request on the website
- A scanned copy of passport, academic transcripts
- Extracurricular certificates (if any) to be sent to email@example.com with “Application for scholarship” name, surname ” as the subject.
The winner will be selected by experts of international education and the result is announced in august on either the official website or RACUS Facebook handle or both. The winner will get the following perks-
- Consultancy for admission and studying.
- For admission, a letter of consent.
- A study visa at the Russian
- Organized arrival to Russia
- accommodation in hostel
- Financial help for beginning of studies within the university
- supporting the Student until the completion of graduation.
- STATE SCHOLARSHIPS OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION GOVERNMENT
It is known that Russia is among the leading countries when it comes to international education. The Russian Government has organized annually awarded scholarships for international students who want to take admission in universities that come under the Russian Federation.
Astrakhan State Medical University is a suitable choice for international students to invest their money and time in exchange for knowledge and practical experience. For more information, applicants can get in touch with Gyanberry to check their eligibility and apply for admission to the Astrakhan State Medical University.