Brunel University London: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and scholarships
Brunel University London is a public research university located in the London neighborhood of Uxbridge. Brunel University was founded in 1966 and named after Victorian engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel.
The College of Engineering, Design, and Physical Sciences; the College of Business, Arts, and Social Sciences; and the College of Health and Life Sciences are the three academic colleges at Brunel University.
Brunel University attracts international students with its diverse selection of graduate, postgraduate, and research programs.
Brunel University collaborates with British universities, as well as the Commonwealth Universities Association and the European University Association.
Their goal is to attain the highest possible results while also valuing and rewarding excellence.
The university is a home for over 13,490 students ( PG 20%) (UG 80%) with
5,305 International students (PG 33%) (UG 67%) and their faculty consist total of 860 members (Int’l staff / 410) (domestic staff / 450)
Brunel University London has an acceptance rate of 65-75%
Why study at Brunel University London?
- The university’s goal is to prepare students for the workforce and to resolve global challenges on a worldwide scale.
- The university’s developed research and educational programs are tailored for those who will benefit from them, and they provide students with the academic education and personal skills needed to succeed in the real world.
- Brunel University will continue to meet the needs of a changing world until 2030 and beyond.
- Brunel students have access to specialist laboratories for electronic imaging, bioprocessing, and experimental techniques, as well as flight, driving, and train simulators; a 3-D body scanner, an MRI scanner, motion-capture equipment, occupational therapy suite, and sports and performing arts facilities.
- The Department of Design at Brunel hosts an annual design exhibition named “Made In Brunel” to promote and display final-year students’ work to the design industry.
- The staff at the university strives for high ethical standards and is open and honest throughout all dealings and decisions.
- In a changing world, the university is focused and adaptable, pursuing its objectives in new and interesting ways.
- Everyone at the university is treated with dignity and respect because they believe that we all have an equal chance of success.
- Brunel University has 150 nationalities represented, allowing you to live and study in a vibrant international community.
- You will be supervised by education faculty who are experts in their fields and are actively engaged in research and intellectual work as part of their Ph.D. program.
- The university’s student and staff body reflect the department and university’s community worldwide profile, and they consider this diversity as a valuable resource to help you succeed in your studies.
- The University is located near London’s central business district and Heathrow Airport, allowing you to maintain valuable local, regional, and national educational connections.
Accreditations and Rankings of the Brunel University London
- The University is ranked 1st in London for overall student satisfaction in the 2020 NSS.
- Brunel University is ranked 3rd in the Guardian League Table for education in 2021.
- Primary and Secondary Education Courses (PGCE) has accredited Brunel University, which means you’ll benefit from learning on courses designed by experts to provide you with the necessary information, abilities, and experience to excel in a variety of education-related careers.
- The university is ranked among the top 400 universities in the world by QS World University Rankings 2022 and Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022.
- Universities of the United Kingdom, Commonwealth Universities Association, and European University Association are all associations of which Brunel is a part
Programs and courses offered at Brunel University London
The Brunel University London offers a vast variety of courses
You can choose from their undergraduate programs, postgraduate, doctoral research, foundation, pre-masters, part-time and full-time courses.
|Courses||No. of programs Undergraduate||No. of programs
|Engineering and technology||57||38|
|Arts and humanities||36||13|
|Social science and management||68||52|
|Life science and medicine||28||40|
|Business and management||18||35|
Some of Brunel university’s popular courses are as follows
|B.E/ B.Tech||3-4 years|
|MIM||12 months – 2 years|
Admission process for international students at Brunel University London
The first step at Brunel University’s application process is for students to complete the admission form online via Gyanberry application services.
Deadline for the autumn session is August 20 (starting in September)
Deadline for the spring session is November 22 ( starting in January )
Application procedure at Brunel University London
- Use the search tools on the university’s main website page to find courses in your area of interest.
- Find the supervisor you want to work with and contact them to express your interest in joining their research team. They will appreciate the chance to talk about your proposed topic and provide feedback on your research statement, which is an important part of the application process.
- For the doctoral degree Make the following statement based on your research: In a 500–1000 word statement, explain your planned study areas. This is an important part of your application, and you can obtain input from your thesis advisor to help you finish it.
- The research statement must include the following elements: research questions, reasons why, bibliography, research location, method, and analysis.
- Make sure you have all of the necessary information for the online Ph.D. application, including personal information, academic credentials, and job experience details.
- Student must have completed at least 12 years of education for academics
- Brunel University accepts scores for English proficiency of given exams
- IELTS – for IELTS the score should be 4.0-5.0 or higher
- GRE – for GRE the minimum score should be163 out of 780
- PTE – for PTE the minimum score should be 51
*Brunel University also accepts other proof of English languages, such as a high school English certificate or KITE, if you have an English level equivalent to IELTS 5.5 in all skills or higher.
Documents required for international students
For Undergraduate program
- Copy of your passport or visa (if available)
- Transcript of grades
- Graduation certificate
- IELTS/PTE Test/Other Personal Statement Certificate of English Proficiency
- CV with letter of recommendation (if applicable)
For Postgraduate programs
- Bachelor’s degree (certificate of completion)
For Ph.D./Research program
- Certificate of graduation/master’s degree
- Research proposal
Tuition, fees, and the annual cost of attendance for international students
|Subject area||Annual fee|
|Economics, politics, sociology, anthropology, media and communication||19,050 USD
|Arts, screen media, journalism, education, law, mathematics||20,845 USD
|Bioscience, business, engineering, environmental science, health science, information and computing, psychology, sports, health and exercise science||23,155 USD
|Cost of attendance for undergraduate programs including tuition, living, travel, and miscellaneous expenses.||48,791 USD
|Cost of attendance for postgraduate programs including tuition, living, travel, and miscellaneous expenses.||57,370 USD
Scholarships for International Students at Brunel University London
The University awards more than 600 scholarships, bursaries, and discounts to domestic, EU, and international students each year. Their numerous scholarships and bursaries are given out based on a variety of factors.
A separate application is required for the majority of their scholarship prizes. You must have obtained an offer for one of their courses beginning in the 2022/3 academic year and submit the required application form to be considered for one of these scholarships.
Brunel medical school scholarship for international students
Undergraduate = 6,795 USD/ 24,950 AED
An applicant for a Brunel Medical School International Scholarship must meet the following criteria.
- Apply for admission at the Brunel Medical MBBS program and meet the academic requirements.
- Accept the offer to enter a full-time MBBS program in September 2022.
- Applicants must have completed all of the terms of their offer by the time they are due to register at Brunel.
- Applicants must be classified as an international fee-paying students under UK legislation. Applicants who are unsure about their fee status should be informed that Brunel compares their fee status to UK government laws, based on the information provided on their application form.
Postgraduate discount for international students
Applicants who meet the following criteria will receive a 15% discount:
- Enrolling in the following: undergraduate program, a postgraduate taught program, a doctoral or postgraduate research program, a third-party online program, the PGCE program, or the Graduate Diploma in Law (CPE).
- For the purpose of this discount, qualifying students who fund their studies using a professional development loan, an SLC Tuition Fee Loan, an SLC Postgraduate Loan, an SLC Doctoral Loan, or a scholarship/bursary fee waiver will be considered self-funded.
- Is it permissible for Brunel students to work part-time while studying?
During term time, students on Tier 4 (General) visas are limited in the number of hours they can work (paid or unpaid). The number of hours students are allowed to work is mentioned on their visa (passport vignette and/or Biometric Residence Permit) and is only valid for the first week, not for a longer period of time. ‘Term time’ is defined as any time when a student has an academic obligation.
- How much does it cost to attend Brunel University’s medical school?
For the academic year 2022/23, the annual tuition will be £41,200. The fees shown are for a year and are subject to annual increases. International fees will rise by no more than 5% each year, or the rate of inflation, whichever is higher.
- Does Brunel University provide language assistance to international students?
To be accepted to Brunel University, international students must pass the BrunELT exam. Professors at the university advise students to read a good newspaper, magazine, or journal, as well as listen to BBC news in English. Students should aim to expand their vocabulary and become more aware of how language is utilized. Ted Talks and British Council – Learn English are two excellent resources for improving your English abilities on the internet.
- What are the options for international students attending Brunel University to pay their fees?
There are 2 ways to pay tuition fees, one is through online or telephone For all payment methods, you’ll need your student ID no. To reference your payment
- Does Brunel University require international students to have health insurance?
The National Health Service (NHS) is a public health service that is available to everyone. Free treatment is available to students enrolled in courses lasting more than six months. It is recommended that you obtain private medical insurance if you plan to enroll for fewer than six months.
- What requirements are used to evaluate applications in Brunel University’s medical school?
Applications are evaluated based on both academic and non-academic aspects, so make sure you include all relevant documentation when submitting your application. The process will be slowed if documents are missing.
- What is the Brunel University interview process for medical students?
Applicants who pass the BMS Selection Panel’s assessment and have a sufficiently high academic rank will be invited to participate in a Multi Mini Interview (MMI). These will be conducted online using Zoom during the 2022 admissions season.
- What are Other requirements for medical students besides the English language?
All successful applicants must undergo the mandatory occupational health tests, which will include immunizations and a medical questionnaire, as specified in your offer letter. These must be completed before registering.
- How should I write my personnel statement
Your statement is a crucial document that you must write yourself. The University will search for signs that the remark is personal, true, and worded in a way that only you could have written it. You should show how your experience, talents, and characteristics align with the key characteristics and values required of medical students.
- What is the minimum scholarship amount available to international medical students?
The value of the tuition fee waiver is £6,000 per year. Each scholarship is worth a total of £30,000 throughout the course, presuming good progress. The scholarship reward will be taken from tuition costs rather than being paid out in cash.