California Southern University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
The California Southern University is a private university that was established in 1978. Calsouthern is a completely online university that provides students with degrees & certifications online which are accredited by the U.S Department of Education and various major organizations.
The University offers 25 associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as certificate programs in the behavioral sciences, business, nursing, education, and criminal justice. The courses are taught by world-class faculty who are leaders in their fields.
The University has an acceptance rate of 13% with the application ending in January.
Why Study at California Southern University?
- University courses and classes are not place-bound and can be completed from the comfort of your own home because they are held online.
- The university has tailored its course for busy body persons or a professional who has 9 to 5 jobs as the course has flexible hours
- In the interim of exorbitant tuition the Calsouthern University has inexpensive tuition due to its online programs and certifications.
- CalSouthern University, widely recognized as a distance learning pioneer and regionally accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
Membership & Accreditation of California Southern University
- Western Association of Schools and University Commission (WSCUC)
- Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Council of Higher Education and Accreditation (CHEA)
Programs offered by California Southern University
The California Southern University offers a total of 22 programs in a wide range of industries such as Business, Behavioral Science, Arts, Law & Criminology, and Nursing.
The degrees awarded are bachelor’s, master’s, and Doctoral level and every degree can be obtained from the comfort of your home as the curriculum is completely taught online.
|Psychology||Business & Management||Liberal Studies|
|Science in Criminal Justice||Applied Science||Science in Nursing|
|Arts||Business Administration||Science in Law|
|MS in Education||Science in Nursing||MS in Law|
|Business Administration||Juris Doctor|
Tuition, Fees, and Cost of attendance
The annual cost of attendance for bachelor’s program
|No.of credits required||120|
|Cost per credit||425 USD|
|Annual cost of tuition||12,750 USD|
The total cost of tuition for a bachelor’s degree over four years would be around 51,000 USD or 187,319 AED.
The annual cost of attendance for Master’s program
|No.of credits required||36|
|Cost per credit||5,45 USD or 2,001 AED|
|Annual cost of tuition||9,810 USD or 36031 AED|
The total cost of tuition for a master’s certificate program over two years would be around 19,620 USD or 72,062 AED
The annual cost of attendance for Doctoral program
|No.of credits required||60 (Can be up to 88)|
|Cost per credit||5,45 USD o 2,001 AED|
|Annual cost of tuition||8,175 USD or 30,026 AED|
The total cost of tuition for a doctoral certificate program over four years would be around 32,700 USD or 120,104 AED
Admission process for International students at the California Southern University
The first step in the California Southern University application process is for students to complete the admission form online via the university portal/ Gyanberry application services.
|Winter intake||January 15|
- Must have a high school diploma from an appropriately accredited/recognized high school where English is the medium of instruction.
- Must present a transcript demonstrating completion of at least 30 semester hours of credit with an average grade of “B” or higher at an appropriately accredited*/recognized college or university where English was the language of instruction.
- Applicants who submit diplomas, degrees, and course transcripts from institutions outside the United States must have their academic credentials evaluated by an authorized agency.
- Online Application
- Electronic submission of transcripts
- Government-issued ID
- Personal Statement (for Graduate program only)
- Application fee receipt
Following submission, your completed application and transcripts will be reviewed. If you meet the admissions requirements, you will receive an email notification of acceptance as well as a personalized letter of acceptance.
Scholarships for International Students
CalSouthern does not provide any scholarships for international students. What it lacks in scholarships, it makes up for by providing very affordable student rates. Students seeking a scholarship to study at CalSouthern should look for the same in their home country or other scholarship databases. Additionally, Gyanberry is offering a limited-time Gscholar program that reduces 20% of the first-year tuition for successful candidates. Get in touch with us to know more.
Choosing Calsouthern University is as simple as breathing, at least for working professionals. The university degree has the same accreditation and value as any traditional US university, but with lower tuition and the ability to learn from the comfort of your own home.