College of Central Florida: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
Established in 1957 as Central Florida Junior College, the College of Central Florida (CF) currently holds more than 10,000 students and is ranked in the top 1% colleges in the nation for affordability.
CF has 6 campus locations within Florida and offers more than 150 academic pathways for students to choose from. It is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate and baccalaureate degrees.
The College of Central Florida started with certificate programs and associate degrees but currently offers 4-year baccalaureate degrees too in select workforce programs.CF is devoted to diversity and inclusion, which is amply represented in its student body comprising 70+ nationalities.
Why Study at the College of Central Florida?
- With low tuition rates and more than $2 million in scholarships offered each year, CF is ranked in the top 1% of colleges in the country for affordability.
- CF has a large range of online classes to choose from. In addition, you’ll have access to many of CF’s resources in an entirely online manner.
- More than 150 academic tracks are available at CF, ranging from health sciences to liberal arts and beyond.
- They also have affiliations with the University of Central Florida, the University of South Florida, and Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, which guarantee associate degree entrance.
- Within one year of graduation, 95% of CF graduates are found working in their area or pursuing their studies.
College of Central Florida Rankings
CF has ten majors in the top 100 rankings by subject. Medical Assisting students had the highest ranking.
Major focus and popularity, as well as graduation pay, are some of the elements that go into the Best Allied Health & Medical Assisting Services Schools Ranking.
- #136 in Best Allied Health & Medical Assisting Services Schools
- #116 in Best Allied Health & Medical Assisting Services Associate Degree Schools
- #34 in Best Allied Health & Medical Assisting Services Schools in the Southeast Region
- #30 in Best Allied Health & Medical Assisting Services Associate Degree Schools in the Southeast Region
- #42 in Best Liberal Arts Associate Degree Schools in the Southeast Region
- #43 in Best Nursing Associate Degree Schools in the Southeast Region
- #43 in Best Registered Nursing Associate Degree Schools in the Southeast Region
- #46 in Best Liberal Arts General Studies Associate Degree Schools in the Southeast Region
- #46 in Best Liberal Arts / Sciences & Humanities Associate Degree Schools in the Southeast Region
- #71 in Best Health Professions Associate Degree Schools in the Southeast Region
Programs and Courses offered at CF
The College of Central Florida offers Associate in Arts (AA), Associate in Science (AS), Bachelor’s Degrees, Online Degrees, Certificates, and Diploma programs in seven areas of study:
- Arts and sciences
- Business and technology
- Criminal justice and public service
- Digital media technology and health sciences
- Teacher education
- Welding technology
Some of the most popular majors at CF are Liberal Arts & Humanities, Business, Nursing, Emergency Medical Technician, Information Technology, Office Management, Lab Technician, etc.
While CF does not have on-campus dorms, there are numerous inexpensive housing alternatives near each school, including CF-affiliated housing at College Square apartments near the Ocala Campus.
The CF Foundation owns the College Square flats, which are operated by a local management business.
At S.W. 20th Street and S.W. 31st Avenue, College Square apartments are conveniently located next to the College of Central Florida Ocala Campus. Classes and college facilities are easily accessible by foot for students. Each spacious, completely furnished apartment has a private bedroom and a communal bathroom, as well as a living room, kitchen, and eating space for four students.
College Square provides a “home away from home” ambiance by combining the greatest characteristics of apartment living with on-campus convenience and price. The College Square flats are a no-smoking establishment.
Admission Requirements for International Students
STEP 1: Complete an online application/ apply via Gyanberry
It takes about 15 minutes to complete the admissions application. Prepare to say the program of study, degree type, and principal campus you want to pursue.
STEP 2: Pay the application fee
There is a one-time non-refundable $30 application fee at the completion of the application.
STEP 3: Submit any documents that are required.
Depending on your application, you may be required to provide a variety of documents in order to complete it.
The documents required are
- Foreign Transcripts and Diplomas: This tool is used to evaluate your academic records obtained outside of the United States.
- Valid Passport
- Financial Support Form for a Valid Passport with Bank Documents from the Sponsor: Sponsor must sign and attach financial proof (bank letter or statement) demonstrating a minimum balance of $20,663 USD to the Financial Support Form.
The CF Admissions team will be able to process your application once you have provided all required documentation as mentioned on your MyCF Student Portal. Accepted students will receive an email congratulating them on their acceptance to CF and outlining the next steps for orientation and class registration.
Tuition, Fees, and Cost of Attendance
|Expense Type||Annual Expenses (2021-22)|
|Tuition & Fees (Associate’s Degree)||10,517 USD|
|Tuition & Fees (Bachelor’s Degree)||14,193 USD|
|Living Expenses||7,664 USD|
|Books & Supplies||1,132 USD|
|Miscellaneous/ Personal||1,350 USD|
|Annual Cost of Attendance Associate’s Degree||20,663 USD|
|Annual Cost of Attendance Bachelor’s Degree||24,340 USD|
Annual cost of attendance for international students pursuing an associate degree at the College of Central Florida is 20,663 USD or 79,897 AED.
Annual cost of attendance for international students pursuing a bachelor’s degree at the College of Central Florida is 24,340 USD or 89,403 AED.
Scholarships for International Students
The College of Central Florida offers several scholarships to help international students deal with the financial burden of a quality higher education. Some of the most relevant scholarships have been tabulated below.
- Student Ambassador Scholarship
- College Square- Housing & Rent Reduction Scholarship
- Visual & Performing Arts Scholarship
- Community of Scholars
- Athletic Scholarships
Additionally, the university also provides transfer scholarships for students transferring to the following universities:
- University of South Florida
- University of North Florida
- University of West Florida
- Florida International University
- University of Florida