Dublin International Foundation College
Dublin International Foundation College (DIFC) was established in 1999 to convey specialized foundation courses to international students for entrance into partner universities in Ireland and the UK. The college offers both undergraduate and postgraduate foundation programs.
In recent years, DIFC has set more than 1,000 students onto graduate and postgraduate courses in partner universities and colleges in Ireland and the UK. DIFC has been designated by NCUK as its selective delivery center in Ireland for NCUK courses because it runs quality courses.
Why study at Dublin International Foundation College?
- Ensured placement in top-ranking universities in Ireland and the UK
- Many university partners are positioned in the top 100 universities in the world
- DIFC offers pathway programs to some of the best medical universities in Ireland
- DIFC gives a 7-or 9-month Foundation pathway, as opposed to a 2-year A-Levels pathway, setting aside your time and money
- 100% of students who effectively pass the program accomplish a university place
- The university offers comprehensive support in English for Academic Purposes (EAP) and communication skills
- At DIFC, one can save onto 25% of their cost of Foundation studies, contrasted with contemplating a similar program in the UK
- Interested candidates are given the choice to start their studies with DIFC in September or January each year – across two campuses: Dublin or Cork
- DIFC offers unrivaled help for getting you here and settling you in, from Visa applications to convenience; they offer 100% support
- DIFC periodically offers partial scholarships to students.
- DIFC also offers on-campus accommodation (Griffin Halls in Dublin and EazyCity in Cork).
- The Dublin campus is situated in the center of the city. Many major worldwide corporate brands have their European Headquarters situated in the city, including Google, Pfizer, and IBM, and students benefit from high quality of life and a lower cost of living than in London.
- DIFC Cork is based on Griffith College Cork Campus, conveying International Foundation Year qualifications. The campus is based on a huge 5-acre land on Wellington Road, near the central point of Cork city.
Dublin International Foundation College holds the following accreditations:
- Marketing English in Ireland
Language of instruction for international students
International students traveling from all over the world to study at the DIFC can learn the courses as they are taught in English.
Courses & tuition at DIFC
DIFC offers International Foundation Year programs in 4 main areas
- Business (including Law)
- Medicine / Health Science
|Course Name||Duration||Fees||Admission Criteria|
|Medicine and Dentistry Foundation Programme||7 – 8 Months||20,825.21 USD||Successful completion of high school examinations
A minimum English level of 5.5 IELTS.
|Business & Management Foundation Course||7 – 8 Months||14,740.79 USD||Successful completion of high school examinations
A minimum English level of 5.0 IELTS.
|Engineering & Technology Foundation Course||7 – 8 Months||18,250.19 USD||Successful completion of high school examinations
A minimum English level of 5.0 IELTS
|Sciences Foundation Course||7 – 8 Months||18,250.19 USD||Successful completion of high school examinations
A minimum English level of 5.0 IELTS
|NCUK Master’s Preparation||7-8 Months||14,038.46 USD (October intake)
11,698.72 USD (January Intake)
|Successful completion of a Bachelor degree in your home country
Minimum IELTS score of 5.0
How to apply for admission to DIFC?
- Visit the official website of DIFC and click on the forms column. You can alternatively avail free admission counseling offered by Gyanberry. The application form will pop -up.
- Preferred course
- Personal Details
- Previous Education
- Work Experience
- University Preferences
- Once the form is filled; attach academic certificates, results, transcripts, English Language level certification (IELTS), passport, and CV.
- If accepted; pay the full fees of the program.
- Once done; a Final Acceptance Letter will be sent by the college.
Ques: Are there any scholarships or financial aid available for international students?
Ans: DIFC offers scholarships and discounts to all incoming international students. For the January intake, all incoming students were awarded 2743 USD for International Foundation Year Program. For the Pre-Master’s Foundation program a scholarship of 4115 USD was awarded to incoming students. For international students studying completely online, a scholarship of 5,486 USD was awarded in the 2021 January intake.
Ques: What all services are offered to international students?
Ans: International students receive a complete package which includes:
- English courses
- Advice with study visas
- Airport pick up
- Secure on-campus accommodation
- Homestay assistance
- A full placement counseling
- Pastoral care service.
Ques: What ICT services are offered by DIFC?
Ans: The Dublin International Foundation College covers 8 computer labs with about 500 computers for its students.
Ques: Are there any sports facilities for the students?
Ans: Yes, The university offers 8 sports clubs to students.