EU Business School: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
EU Business School is a top-ranked private international business school with campuses in Barcelona, Geneva, Montreux, and Munich, as well as an online presence. It was founded in 1973. With hundreds of startups, entrepreneurs launching new ventures, and growing business industries, the Barcelona campus of EU Business School has quickly become a center for young, creative, talented students who choose to study in Spain. The EU Barcelona offers English-taught foundation, bachelor’s, master’s, and MBA programs in entrepreneurship, innovation, and leadership. With over 100 nationalities represented among its student body of 2,095 and faculty, the EU boasts a 27,000-strong alumni network.
Students’ global experience is further enhanced by their intercampus and international exchange programs. EU Business School’s students can gain first-hand experience of the inner workings of global business giants through prestigious guest speaker events with renowned international leaders and frequent company visits to organizations such as BMW, the United Nations agencies, Siemens, and UEFA.
According to Peterson’s, the EU Business School had an acceptance rate of 73% for 2021.
Why study at EU Business School?
- At EU Business School, students are immersed in a real-world business environment through guest speaker sessions, company visits, field trips, case studies, business simulations, and internships, among other activities.
- Their faculty of highly qualified academics, entrepreneurs, consultants, and business leaders ensure personalized and cooperative learning through small class sizes.
- The internationally renowned QS Stars Rating has given the EU a four-star rating in business school excellence.
- Barcelona is a leading smart city in Europe, ranking 4th in the Innovation CitiesTM Global Index.
- EU Barcelona’s online MBA program is ranked first in the world by CEO Magazine, and its traditional MBA programs are among the best in the world.
- EU Business School is always looking for new ways to collaborate with world-class institutions so that its students can participate in exchange programs.
- Faculty and staff at EU Business School campuses contribute to their students’ outstanding business education.
- EU has developed innovative business education programs throughout its 45-year history in providing the highest quality education possible.
- On a global scale, the EU Business School is constantly looking for affiliation opportunities with world-class institutions.
- Barcelona is a top business destination that hosts international events such as the Mobile World Congress and the Smart City Expo World Congress every year.
- EU’s Barcelona campus set the bar high by incorporating CSR into its corporate strategy and educational philosophy.
- They work with their students to help them develop socially responsible mindsets, resulting in conscientious and successful business leaders in the future.
- At EU Business School, student counselors are available to answer questions and provide support to students. Counselors provide individualized service and keep track of students’ academic progress.
- Barcelona is considered one of Europe’s top five startup cities, with 1,500 startups including Glovo and Travelperk.
Rankings and Accreditations of EU Business School
|Class & Faculty Diversity by QS Top MBA 2021||#1|
|For MBA Program in Spain by Forbes Magazine||#3|
|For excellence in business education by QS||4 Stars|
|For Online MBA in the world by QS Top MBA||#20|
|For MBA in the world by América Economía||#23|
|For the QS European MBA Rankings 2021||#43|
|For QS MBA Guide Return on Investment Report for salary uplift in Europe||#5|
|For best business school for female students by Capital magazine||#6|
|For career specialization (MBA in Entrepreneurship)||Top 100 Worldwide|
|For career specialization (MBA in Marketing)||Top 100 Worldwide|
|QS Global MBA Rankings 2021||Top 140|
|For or Global and European MBA programs by CEO Magazine||Top Tier|
|EU’s Executive MBA rank in CEO Magazine’s Global Executive MBA Rankings||Tier one|
|For DBA program by CEO Magazine||Premier|
|For business school by China Economic Review magazine||Top 20|
|For European higher educational institution for entrepreneurship by EU-Startups||Top 30|
|EU’s Online MBA in CEO Magazine’s Online Global Rankings seven years running||#1|
The EU Business School’s institution and programs have been accredited by prestigious educational bodies. These certify the academic excellence and rigor of their programs and teaching methods, as well as the quality of their business education.
The EU Business School Group has met the high-quality standards set forth by the following accreditation bodies:
- ACBSP- The accreditation process for the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) is based on the Baldrige model. Students gain the right skills from their educational investment thanks to ACBSP’s student-centered teaching and learning approach, which is measured and analyzed for quality.
- IACBE – IACBE is the world’s leading outcome-based accrediting organization for business, management, and accounting programs in student-centered colleges, universities, and other higher education institutions.
- CEEMAN IQA – The CEEMAN International Quality Accreditation (IQA) program was created specifically to meet the needs of business schools and other management development institutions operating in Central and Eastern Europe’s rapidly changing environments.
- CHEA- The Council for Higher Education Accreditation recognizes both ACBSP and IACBE as accrediting bodies (CHEA).
- EduQua- eduQua, Switzerland’s first quality label for adult continuing education, has certified EU.
Programs & Courses
Students can choose from a variety of Bachelors’s programs, master’s programs, MBA programs, foundation programs, executive programs, summer/winter school, and summer/winter school programs at EU Business School Barcelona.
Bachelor’s Programs offered at EU Business School
Students can choose from a variety of undergraduate programs at EU Business School Barcelona
- BBA – Bachelor of Business Administration
- BA – Bachelor of Arts in Communication & Public Relations
- BA – Bachelor of Arts in Leisure & Tourism Management
- BA – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations
- BA – Bachelor of Arts in Sports Management
- BA – Bachelor of Arts in Digital Business, Design & Innovation
- BA (Hons) in Business Management (Marketing)
- BA (Hons) in Business Management (Finance)
- BA (Hons) in Business Management (Enterprise)
- BA (Hons) in Business Management (HR Management)
- BA (Hons) in Business Management (International Business)
- BA (Hons) in Business Management (Business Technology)
- BA (Hons) in Business Management (Supply Chain & Logistics)
Master’s Programs offered at EU Business School
Given below is a list of master’s programs offered at the institute.
- Master in Management
- Master in Marketing
- Master in Finance
- Master in Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Master in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Master in Digital Business
- Master in Fashion & Luxury Business
- Master in Digital Marketing, Transformation & Design Thinking
- Master in Business Analytics & Data Science
MBA programs at EU Business School Barcelona
- MBA in International Business
- MBA in Communication & Public Relations
- MBA in International Marketing
- MBA in Global Banking & Finance
- MBA in Leisure & Tourism Management
- MBA in Entrepreneurship
- MBA in Digital Business
- MBA in Sports Management
- MBA in Human Resources Management
- MBA in Design Management
- MBA in Blockchain Management
Foundation EU Business School Barcelona
- English Foundation Program
- Business Bridging Program
Executive BBA at EU Business School Barcelona
- EBBA – Executive Bachelor of Business Administration
Summer/Winter Schools at EU Business School Barcelona
- International Summer School
- Business Summer School
International Exchange program
With four state-of-the-art European campuses in Barcelona, Geneva, Montreux, and Munich, and a multicultural student body of over 100 nationalities, EU Business School offers the best global student exchange opportunities in the world. They work with 85 institutions around the world to ensure that an EU study abroad program is truly international. Students of all levels are encouraged to apply, with the option of studying for one semester or longer.
Students interested in this program should check to see if there is already a partnership between EU Business School and their home institution. Students should confirm the minimum number of credits and contact their college or university for more information in this case.
Campus and Accommodation
The EU Business School campus in Barcelona is the most well-known economic center in Spain. With hundreds of startups and a thriving entrepreneurial community, it is a hotspot for young creative talent. Active Mediterranean lifestyle and a low cost of living combine to make the Barcelona campus an ideal location for international business education.
Barcelona is known for its cosmopolitan atmosphere, vibrant nightlife, delectable cuisine, and cultural diversity. EU Barcelona has two cutting-edge campus buildings in the heart of Barcelona. From their main campus building, the Avinguda Diagonal, one of the main arteries of the upmarket business district, is visible.
The ten-story building is bright and airy, with strong amenities tailored to enhance the student experience. It has a large selection of shops, restaurants, and other services due to its central location. All areas of the city are easily accessible thanks to excellent public transportation links, which include buses, trams, and the metro.
Location and lodging are almost as important as studies and academics when it comes to a well-rounded educational experience. Barcelona as a destination is hard to beat if you’re looking for a vibrant, inspiring setting for your studies.
Barcelona is a business student’s dream come true, with a plethora of affordable student housing options, stunning architecture, fine dining, excellent cultural entertainment, and a prime coastal location. However, regardless of course content or surroundings, without the appropriate lodging for your needs, your educational experience as a whole will be hampered.
From Sant Pere to the Barri Gotic, Barcelona has a plethora of inviting student housing areas, each with its own distinct charm, features, and amenities.
While monthly rentals in Barcelona, like any other iconic student city, vary depending on location, here is a guide to general living costs in and around the city:
Private apartment: Starting at 7,45 USD per month, plus utilities (typically).
Shared student home: Around 345 to 570 USD, plus the cost of shared bills.
Note- Before you begin your search for student housing, you should consider whether a private or shared home will best suit your needs and budget. You’ll be able to streamline your search once you’re clear on the type of accommodation you’re looking for, as well as the financial commitments of your potential choice.
Admission requirements for international students
Applications are admitted through the online application system. Alternatively, students can apply via Gyanberry for error-free document submission to enhance their chances of admission.
The application process at EU Business School is simple. Students have the option of applying online or by mailing their applications.
Their admissions staff is available to answer any questions or concerns you may have. They also encourage you to visit their campuses, meet their current students, and attend their classes and open day sessions to learn more about the EU.
- Complete your application and gather your documents first.
- Please send all program-related documents. Your motivational essay should be written or filmed to go with it.
- The Admissions Committee will review your application.
- Wait for confirmation that your booking has been made.
- Now you can begin your studies at the EU Business School.
- 1 official copy of your high school diploma and transcripts, or equivalent
- Minimum TOEFL scores are 80 (internet-based) and 213 (computer-based); IELTS 6.0; minimum CAE scores are B2 with a minimum of 169; PTE 57; English native; or equivalent proof of English level.
- Filled Application form (if the application was not filled in online)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Essay (written or video)
- 3 printed passport-size photos or an electronic passport photo
- A copy of a passport or identification card
- A bank statement or letter attesting to the applicant’s financial solvency
- A non-refundable application fee is required. Please enclose a money order, check, or bank transfer receipt payable to EU.
- Transcripts and a certified copy of your bachelor’s degree
- TOEFL 89 (internet-based), 233 (computer-based); IELTS 6.5; CAE C1 with a minimum score of 176; PTE score 59; English native or equivalent.
- On a scale of 4.0, a 3.0 GPA will be considered.
- A GMAT or GRE score that is satisfactory
- An interview with the dean of the university
- Students who do not meet the criteria will be interviewed and evaluated on their merits by the admissions committee. For more information, please contact the admissions department at the campus of your choice.
In addition to undergraduate program documents, a copy of your CV or résumé is required.
Enrollment is open all year, allowing students to take advantage of their program’s year-round start dates. Students can start their foundation and bachelor’s programs in September/October, February, June, and August, while master’s and MBA programs start in October, January, and March. This flexibility allows students to begin studying whenever it is convenient for them.
Tuition, fees, and total cost of attendance
For all of the students Regardless of whether you are an international student enrolled in a specific program at a specific EU campus, you will need to pay the exact same amount in the local campus currency.
|Programs||Duration||Fee per term/sem||Complete program cost|
|Bachelor’s program||6 or 7 Semester / 3 Years||7,435 USD or 27,310 AED||52,045 USD or 191,170 AED
|Master’s program||3 Term/1 year||5,435 USD or 19,965 AED||16,305 USD or 59,895 AED
|BA (Hons)||6 Sem / 3 Year||7,380 USD or 27,105 AED||44,280 USD or 162,630 AED
|MBA||3 Year / 1 Year (full-time)
6 Terms / 2 Year (part-time)
|7,950 USD or 29,200 AED
3,975 USD or 14,600 AED
|23,850 USD or 87,600 AED(6 terms)|
|English foundation||13 Weeks||5,605 or 20,590 AED USD|
|Executive BBA||2 Semester/1 Year||7,375 USD or 27,090 AED||14,750 USD or 54,180 AED
Dissertation Fees (paid after completing the course)-685 USD/2,515 AED
Application fees – 230 USD or 845 AED
Cost of living
The estimated budget for your stay in Barcelona is around 13,740 USD or 50,460 AED per year, with 5,460–6,840 USD or 20,040-25,140 AED for shared housing (at least 8,940 USD or 32,820 AED for living alone) and the rest for basic necessities and leisure. Please keep in mind that these are averages and will differ depending on the individual and their preferred way of life.
Scholarships for international students
EU Business School is a for-profit institution that does not provide financial aid or scholarships. If you are able to locate a public or private third-party scholarship, they will gladly accept it and provide you with the necessary supporting documents.