HTMi Hotel and Tourism Management Institute Switzerland: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
Established in 1999 in Switzerland, HTMi is a private educational institution offering hospitality management development courses. The institute has 4 centers of excellence and 7 other sprawling campuses located in different parts of the world. With 420 students from over 35 nationalities, HTMi Switzerland is supported by a worldwide support network of offices and international hotel companies. With the motto to turn its students into able managers, the institute has excelled in helping its graduates bag top managerial positions in leading hotel chains.
Why study at HTMi, Hotel and Tourism Management Institute Switzerland?
- HTMi Switzerland is a leading provider of professional hospitality management education and the education culture is focused on student-centered learning.
- HTMi’s curriculum mirrors Swiss, UK, and International equivalents at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- The institute is accredited by the Swiss Association for Quality and Management Systems (SQS) and the British Accreditation Council (BAC).
- 94% of students find employability within 2 months of the completion of their course.
- A dedicated Career Centre helps students focus on talent development, global employer outreach, and connectivity.
- Flexible degree, certificate, and diploma courses allow students to customize their courses according to their needs.
- Research is promoted and those interested are asked to submit papers on contemporary issues in hospitality and tourism.
- Since the college is nestled in a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, students get to enjoy campus life and have an enriching experience in nature.
- Trips are frequently organized to visit large production units to give students a glimpse into the manufacturing process and teach them the right way to overcome challenges.
- A plethora of on-campus sporting facilities is also accessible by students at any time of the day.
|QS World Rankings in Hospitality and Leisure Management||#15|
|2020 European EMCup Rankings in Europe||#4|
|QS World Rankings in Employer Reputation||Top 10|
Programs & Courses offered by HTMi, Hotel and Tourism Management Institute Switzerland
For the undergraduate curriculum, students can either enroll in the Study Longer or the Graduate Faster diploma pathways. Diplomas in Baking and Pastry Arts are also becoming a popular choice amongst students.
Popular Bachelor’s degree courses opted for by international students include
- BSc (Honours) in International Hospitality Management
- BSc in International Culinary Arts Business
Earlier, HTMi Switzerland only offered a BA degree from the University of Ulster but this program was replaced with BSc (Hons) International Hotel and Tourism Management in 2007. The BSc degree is also awarded by the University of Ulster.
Graduate students can opt to enroll in courses including
- MBA in Hospitality Management with a postgraduate Diploma in Hospitality Management
- MA in Hotel Business Management with a postgraduate Diploma in Hotel Business Management
- MSc in International Hospitality and Tourism Management (awarded by Edinburgh Napier University) and an MBA in Hospitality Management with a postgraduate Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Executive MBA in Hotel Management with a postgraduate certificate and diploma in Hotel Management
Campus and accommodation
The HTMi Switzerland campus is located 40 minutes by public transportation from Luzern City. If students arrive on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday before the start of the semester, then they will be picked up free of charge by the institute.
As for accommodation, students are made to reside, study and train in two traditional Swiss hotels. The hotels are designed to perfection and are furnished with everything students might need during their stay. There is free Wi-Fi access throughout the campus.
Students can also choose to stay in shared or single rooms. The single rooms in turn may also have a shared or an attached bathroom. The standard room rate is 2,680 USD for 20 weeks for a shared room with a shared bathroom.
Students must note that they might not get the room they applied for. HTMi reserves the right to allocate rooms to its students on a ‘first come, first serve’ basis, subject to availability.
Admission requirements for international students
To apply to either undergraduate or postgraduate courses, students must fill out a detailed application form provided on HTMi’s website.
With this, they must enclose
- 5 passport size photographs
- All copies of school certificates or diplomas received
- Any work testimonials
Students can also apply via Gyanberry to ensure timely submission of the documents. Shortlisted candidates will be issued a Letter of Offer from HTMi Switzerland. Upon receipt of the Letter of Offer, a payment of 3,593 USD must be made. A Letter of Acceptance will then be issued and can be used to apply for a visa.
For undergraduate admissions to the Hotel and Tourism Management Institute Switzerland, students must be 19 years of age and possess
- A Higher Diploma in International Hotel and Tourism Management or its equivalent
- TOEFL score of 550, IELTS score of 6, or its equivalent HTMi English Placement Test Score
- Prior work experience of 1 year which may include work placements or internships
To apply to enroll in a graduate program at HTMi, prospective students must be 21 years of age and possess
- A Postgraduate Diploma in International Hotel and Tourism Management, a Bachelor’s Degree or a Postgraduate Diploma in any discipline
- TOEFL score of 547, IELTS score of 6, or an equivalent HTMi English Placement Test Score
- Prior work experience of three years in the hospitality or tourism industry if not a degree or a postgraduate diploma holder
Tuition, fees, and total cost of attendance
|Type of Program||Total Tuition Fees*|
|Undergraduate (Study Longer),
Certificate, Diploma, and Higher Diplomas
|Undergraduate (Graduate Faster)
Diploma and Higher Diplomas
|Diplomas in Baking and Pastry Arts||24,126 USD|
|Postgraduate Diplomas||23,054 USD|
|Bachelor Degrees||25,198 USD|
|Master of Arts||24,662 USD|
* Note: Tuition Fees are converted at 1 CHF = 1.07 USD
Cost of living
|Accommodation (for 20 weeks)||2,681 USD|
|Non-refundable Down Payment||3,592 USD|
|Optional Dissertation Course for postgraduate programs and diplomas||11,795 USD|
Thus, the total cost of attendance at HTMi Switzerland is highly subjective and can range between 38,000 USD to 55,000 USD or 128,558 to 202,021 AED**.
**Note: 1 USD = 3.67 AED
Scholarships for international students
HTMi Switzerland does not directly provide any scholarships to its students. However, it does accept scholarships from external government-approved sources or affiliated institutions.