Kadir Has University: Rankings, Programs, Admissions, Fees, Accommodations and Scholarships
Kadir Has University (KHAS) in Istanbul was founded in 1997. With five faculties of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Economics and Administrative Sciences, Communication, Law, and Fine Arts, as well as several vocational schools, the university is dedicated to being a leader in Turkey’s Higher education and cultural disciplines, as well as a worldwide research and development center.
Kadir Has University is a medium-sized private university in Istanbul with a total of 5,071 students, including 189 international students. The University has a bachelor’s graduation rate of 83,41 (B score) and master’s graduation rate of 56,72 (D score).
The University aspires to be a world-class research university capable of developing long-term solutions to local, national, regional, and global issues tackling humanity, based on universal and humanitarian values; to educate students in their fields of study with individual and professional competencies; to produce high-impact research outputs as well as human-oriented and innovative social problem solutions, and to transfer knowledge.
Kadir Has University is ranked #35 in the country-wise ranking and #2379 in the world university ranking, according to Uni Rank.
Why choose Kadir Has University?
- The mission of Kadir Has University is to deliver research-based academic education to students who are imbued with basic humanitarian and universal principles.
- They give the highest standards of education and research infrastructure to their academic staff and students to ensure that they create international-quality research outputs with a high impact.
- They Implement social projects with the cooperation of their stakeholders to ensure that all of the knowledge and resources created are useful to their country and the world.
- They provide a financial structure that ensures financial stability while also supporting their strategic objectives.
- Their university’s academic philosophy is centered on a New Education Model that aims to support students in achieving basic humanitarian and universal principles.
- They assist their students in thinking independently and clearly expressing their ideas, recognizing other world perspectives, readily adapting to changes, and the competencies necessary by their field of study.
- The university values academic freedom, academic ethics, and academic honesty, as well as multidisciplinary work, teamwork, innovation, creativity and societal benefit.
- By supporting fundamental values, they create a research ecology in which students and researchers at all levels could work productively.
- They constructed a financial framework that can produce its own resources in order to create a long-term growth strategy in line with all of your strategic goals.
- They actualize a corporate and stable structure that will ensure continuous progress with a student, human, and life-oriented approach in all services provided, owing to robust software infrastructure.
- They ensure that the university’s knowledge and ideas are shared with society in a way that promotes sustainable development, social responsibility, and accessibility.
- They build a collaborative research culture, requisite physical research infrastructure to improve their university’s prominence in national and international rankings.
Programs and Courses offered at Kadir Has University
International students can choose from a range of undergraduate programs offered by KHAS. Additionally, the university offers exchange programs, master’s degrees, and doctoral degrees to students.
Exchange programs offered at Kadir Has University for International Students
As an exchange student at Kadir Has University, you have two options: Erasmus+ or the Global Exchange program. Erasmus+ is a European Union initiative in which students receive personal expenditures payments from the European Commission. Global Exchange programs, on the other hand, work in accordance with a university-to-university exchange agreement.
Undergraduate programs offered at Kadir Has University for International Students
Economics, Administrative, and social sciences
- International Relations
- Political Science and Public Administration
- Business Administration
- International Trade and Finance
- Management Information Systems
Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical – Electronics Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Public Relations and Information
- Visual communication Design
- New Media
- Radio, Television and Cinema
Art & Design
- Industrial Design
- Interior Architecture and Environmental Design
- theatre (the program is 70% in Turkish, 30% in English)
- Law (the program is 70% in Turkish, 30% in English)
Post Graduate Programs offered at Kadir Has University for International Students
- MBA (thesis/non-thesis)
- International Relations (thesis)
- Psychology (thesis/non-thesis)
- Business Intelligence and Analytics (non-thesis)
- Economics (thesis)
- Political Science and Public Administration (thesis)
- Political Science and Public Administration (thesis)
- Finance and Banking (thesis)
- Design (thesis)
- User Experience Design (non-thesis)
- Computer Engineering (thesis)
- Industrial Engineering (thesis)
- Industrial Engineering (thesis)
- Cyber Security (non-thesis)
- Management Information Systems (thesis)
- Management Information Systems (thesis)
- Architectural and Urban Studies (thesis)
- Energy and Sustainable Development (thesis/non-thesis)
- Financial Engineering (Thesis)
Ph.D.in Kadir Has University can be obtained in a variety of subjects.
Banking & Science, Management Information Systems, Bioinformatics are a few of the Popular Fields.
Kadir Has University Campus and Accommodation
Kadir Has University’s main campus (Cibali)
The Historical Tekel Cibali Facility building, which now houses Kadir Has Campus, was utilized as Tekel’s tobacco warehouse and cigarette factory from 1884 until the campus’s establishment. After that, it was restored to its original state and began to serve as the main campus of the university.
The “Europa Nostra Award-winning” campus building, which is located on the Golden Horn’s coastlines in a historically significant section of Istanbul, is currently a research center for age-appropriate studies.
The Kadir Has Campus, which has an interior usage area of about 45 thousand square meters, houses classrooms, labs, the KHAS information center, faculties, institutes, rectors, and deans.
- KONFORIST Dormitory
Under the direction of Avrupa nşaat ve Proje Yönetimi (APY), KONFORIST is Turkey’s “first and only” most comfortable student residence project, completed by Avrupa zel Yurt Yatrmlar (Europe Private Hostel Investments) with Turkey’s best professionals and institutions experienced in residence management (Europe Construction and Project Management).
Boys’ Dormitory – Contact the incharge for Konforist Boys Foreign Student- +90 530 047 03 81 (Whatsapp no.) +90 212 627 00 00 (Telephone no.)
- STUDIO SANTRAL Dormitory
Studio Santral is created to provide comfort and high-quality services to its residents!
Regular double, garden double, single suites, and quadruple rooms are available, and each is designed to provide optimum comfort. Showers, washbasins, toilets, refrigerators, and internal telephones are available in single, double, and quadruple occupancy rooms, as well as wardrobes, orthopaedic beds, a study desk, a bookcase, and a private safe for each student. Studio Santral’s services are designed to make your life easier, safer, and more comfortable when you are away from your family. As a student, you will spend a significant amount of time in your dorm, therefore our objective is to make this a once-in-a-lifetime experience that you will cherish for years to come.
Erasmus and Exchange students are unable to enroll since there is no space available. Private residences serve as off-campus living options. You have the option of staying in one of two residences or finding your own lodging.
- Erasmus Houses
(about 3-4 bus stops from university, in the business district)
Apartments with two to three bedrooms, a kitchen, a bathroom, a television, and internet access.
To reserve your spot, please contact Mr. Uner personally at firstname.lastname@example.org. 325-450 USD a month for single rooms Kadir Has University students receive a 250-300 USD discount on double rooms (monthly).
- Erasmus Istanbul Housing
(ErasmusBiz) Providing high-quality, low-cost student housing in Istanbul. The accommodation concerns of Erasmus and/or exchange students are solved by providing temporary housing for the arriving students.
Admission Process For International Students at Kadir Has University
Application Process for International Undergraduate Students at Kadir Has University
- The first step at Kadir Has University’s application process is for students to complete the admission form online via Gyanberry application services.
- Ensure that you have digital versions of all essential papers on hand before beginning your application.
- The Senate must approve all acceptance choices based on the suggestion of the appropriate admission committee and the Senate’s consent.
- University admission examinations have a two-year validity duration from the date of administration.
- Exit exams for high school do not have a time limit on how long they are valid.
International Undergraduate Admissions at Kadir Has University
Eligibility Criteria for International Undergraduate Students at Kadir Has University
- To be eligible to enroll in the university, applicants must have graduated from high school or be on track to graduate by the enrollment deadline.
- Students seeking undergraduate programs must have a minimum score of 60% on their High School Certificate (out of 100 %).
Documents Required for International Undergraduate Students at Kadir Has University
- A copy of your passport, including the page containing your personal information. If you do not have a valid foreign passport at the time of application, please provide a copy of your national ID.
- A copy of an official certificate indicating that a student has completed high school is accepted in many countries (if it is not in English or Turkish, it must be translated)
- Copy of an official high school transcript, national or internationally recognized test results, or provisional results if results are not available by the deadline.
- If available, a copy of the English language competency exam results.
- a copy of an equivalency certificate for a high school diploma (Denklik)
- Reference letter
International Postgraduate Admissions at Kadir Has University
Eligibility Criteria for Postgraduate International Students at Kadir Has University
- Master’s and Ph.D. program applications for the Spring 2021 intake can be submitted online until January 29, 2021.
- In the case of applications for a master’s program, applicants must have completed or been about to complete an undergraduate program; in the case of applications for a doctoral program, applicants must have completed either an undergraduate or a master’s program.
- To be allowed to enroll in the university, approved applicants who are anticipated to graduate must completely finish their existing studies prior to the enrollment date.
- Students seeking to graduate program must have a minimum undergraduate diploma GPA of 2.00/4.00.
- Students applying to Ph.D. programs must have a minimum GPA of 2.50/4.00 on their master’s degree credentials.
- Students seeking to Ph.D.
Documents Required for Postgraduate International Students at Kadir Has University
- A copy of your bachelor’s or master’s degree
- For diplomas conferred outside of Turkey, a copy of the diploma equivalency certificate provided by YK’s International Equivalency Office, confirming the diploma’s equivalency to that of a Turkish higher education institution (By the end of the first semester, the letter of equivalence must be submitted).
- A copy of the results of the English language proficiency exam
- Transcripts from all higher education institutions where the applicant has previously attended or graduated, showing all courses are taken and grades earned. If the transcript does not include a description of the grading system, supplementary documentation for the relevant schools’ grading systems must be submitted.
- The English Proficiency Test results from Kadir Has University were approved (if the program is fully or partially in the English language)
- Kadir Has University accepts the Turkish Proficiency Test results (if the program is fully or partially in Turkithe sh language)
- The GRE, GMAT, and ALES test scores are required (if applicable)
- A copy of your passport that includes a personal information page. Please provide a copy of your national ID if you do not have a valid foreign passport at the time of application.
- Statement of Purpose for a Student
- two letters of recommendation from previous schools
- Supplementary papers that the relevant graduate school may request
- Masters and P.h.D. students must have a good command of the English language.
English Proficiency Requirements
|TOEFL-IBT – 78||2 Year||TOEFL-IBT- 78||2 Year|
|CAE min. – C||3 Year||YDS min. – 65||NA|
|CPE min. – C||3 Year||E-YDE min. – 65||NA|
|PTE Academic min. – 60||2 Year||YOKDIL min. – 65||NA|
|NA||NA||PTE Academic min. – 67||2 Year|
Application Deadlines at Kadir Has University for International Students
2021-2022 Spring Semester
|January 10-26 2022||Monday-Wednesday||Application dates for Fall Semester including Major&Minor Programs|
Tuition Fees for International Students at Kadir Has University
|Master with Thesis||12,000 USD|
|Master with Non-Thesis||12,000 USD|
|English Language Preparatory School||12,000 USD|
Scholarship Programs at Kadir Has University
KHAS offers a comprehensive scholarship program to assist qualified international students in continuing their education at KHAS. Partial grants are available for undergraduate studies. For Masters (with thesis) and P.h.D. programs, tuition waiver scholarships of 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% are available.
Each application for a KHAS academic program by an international student is reviewed for scholarship consideration. There is no need to apply for a separate scholarship. Tuition-reduction scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement. High scores on international or national exams, as well as graduation grades, are considered. At the end of each academic year, a minimum grade point average of 1.8 is required for tuition reduction scholarships.
Useful information for International Students at Kadir Has University
Money – The Turkish Lira (TL) is the official currency of the country, and it is available in banknote denominations of 200, 100, 50, 20, 10, and 5 TL, as well as 1 TL, 50, 25, 10, 5, and 1 kurus. Visa and Mastercard, on the other hand, are widely accepted in Turkey. The majority of consumers pay for goods and services with credit cards and/or foreign debit cards, as well as withdraw cash.
Bank Account- Non-Turkish citizens can open bank accounts in Turkey in Turkish lira, Euros, or any other convertible foreign currency. A personal account is free to open and does not require an initial deposit. The criteria and regulations for creating a bank account in Turkey, on the other hand, are highly rigorous, and you may find the process difficult.
You will need to supply a number of original documents to authenticate your identity and residency, regardless of which bank you choose to create an account with. Your passport, 11-digit Foreign ID Number, Work/Residence Permit, Driving License, job contract, a document from the Turkish Census Bureau certifying your residence, and/or verification of your former address in the country you came from are examples of these documents (Please note banks will not accept photocopies).
You will receive a debit card free of charge when you open your account. It’s possible that there will be a minor monthly fee. You may use this debit card to pay for goods and services as well as withdraw cash from ATMs. You will also get access to Internet banking.
Banks in Turkey are open from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. on weekdays (excluding Saturday and Sunday).
Mobile Phone – Turkcell, Vodafone, Türk Telekom, and PTTCell are some of the mobile communication operators in Turkey. The majority of them provide adequate coverage for their consumers.
Different price packages are available from Turkish mobile communication companies; you must choose which one is ideal for you. The simplest method is to get a prepaid SIM card and insert it into your phone, as you will not be required to sign a contract in this scenario. These cards can be purchased in a variety of locations throughout the city. Calls are charged in units of consumption. The cost of a call is determined by how much you use it and which company you pick.
Transport – Students studying in Turkey will be able to obtain a discount transportation card called the Istanbul card. When taking public transit, students can use the Istanbul card (buses, subway, ferries, metrobuses).
Students must provide the following documents in order to apply for the card:
- 1 photograph (recently taken)
- The card charge is ten Turkish Liras.
- Certificate of a Student