Kent State University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
Kent State University (KSU) is a public research university founded in 1910. The main campus is located in Kent, Ohio. However, it has 7 other campuses in Ashtabula, Liverpool, Salem, Burton, Stark, Trumbull, and Tuscarawas. These campuses houses over 38,000 students from 104 different countries
The university has received many Ohio Center of Excellence designations in the categories of Cultural and Societal Transformation, Biomedicine and Healthcare, and Enabling Technologies: Advanced Materials and Sensors.
The university offers more than 300 graduate and undergraduate degree programs in various fields of study including accounting, aeronautics, architecture, business, science, design, engineering, health, finance, management, nursing and psychology.
Why study at Kent State University?
- Offers a distinctive and wide range of programs in high-demand careers.
- Provides state-of-the-art facilities and an exceptional learning experience.
- Assistance provided by award-winning support services.
- On-campus employment opportunities for international students.
- Most of the graduates are either employed or continuing education.
Kent State University Rankings
- Times Higher Education has ranked Kent State University at #801-1000 position in the World University Rankings (2022).
- According to US News Kent State University is ranked:
- #213 in National Universities
- #179 in Top Performers on Social Mobility
- #107 in Top Public Schools
Programs and courses offered at Kent State University
Kent offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral and certificate programs.
The following are the bachelor’s programs offered by Kent State University.
|College of Aeronotics and Engineering||Aeronautical Systems Engineering Technology, Aerospace Engineering,Applied Engineering,Aviation Maintenance Management, Computer Engineering Technology, Cybersecurity Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Mechatronics Engineering|
|College of Applied and Technical Studies||Accounting Technology, Agribusiness,
Animation Game Design, Associate of Arts
Associate of Science,Business Management Technology,Criminology and Justice Studies, Cybersecurity, Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology, Engineering Technology, Enology,Environment Management, Nursing,Physical Therapist Assistant Technology, Radiologic Technology, Respiratory Therapy Technology, Technical and Applied Studies, Veterinary Technology
|College of Architecture and Environmental Design||Architectural Studies, Architecture,
Construction Management,Interior Design
|College of Art and Science||Actuarial Mathematics, Anthropology, Applied Mathematics, Biology, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Criminology and Justice Studies, Economics, Geography, Geology, International Relations, Mathematics, Medical Laboratory Science,
Neuroscience, Paralegal Studies, Peace and Conflict Studies, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Zoology
|College of Business Administration||BBA- Accounting, Business Analytics, Business Management, Computer Information Systems, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, General Business, Human Resource Management, Managerial Marketing, Marketing|
|College of Communication and Information||Advertising, Communication Studies, Digital Media Production, Digital Sciences
Emerging Media and Technology, Journalism, Photography, Public Relations,
Visual Communication Design
|College of Health and Human Services||Hospitality and Event Management, Human Development and Family Studies, Life Science, Nutrition|
|College of Nursing||Nursing, Nursing for Registered Nurses|
|College of Public Health||Public Health|
The following are the master’s programs offered by Kent State University.
|College of Aeronautics and Engineering||Aviation Management and Logistics, Aerospace Engineering,
Engineering Technology, Mechatronics Engineering
|College of Architecture and Environmental Design||Architecture (M.Arch), Architecture and Environmental Design, Construction Management, Healthcare Design
Landscape Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design
|College of Art and Science||Anthropology, Applied Mathematics, Biological Sciences, Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Chemistry, Computer Science, Clinical Psychology, Criminology and Justice Studies, Data Sciences, Economics, Geography, Geology, Psychological Sciences, Pure Mathematics, Sociology|
|College of Business Administration||Accounting, Business Administration (MBA/Executive M.B.A), Business Analytics, Economics|
|College of Health and Human Services||Educational Psychology, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Nutrition, School Psychology|
|College of Nursing||Nursing (M.SN/D.NP)|
|College of Podiatric Medicine||Podiatric Medicine (D.P. M.)|
|College of Public Health||Clinical Epidemiology, Public Health|
Campus and accommodation
KSU’s has 8 campuses across Ohio in Kent, Ashtabula, Liverpool, Salem, Burton, Stark, Trumbull, and Tuscarawas.
The main campus in kent is spread across 950 acres with all facilities such as residential halls, dining facilities, sports and fitness amenities.
At Kent, all undergraduate students are required to stay on-campus unless the student is 20 years old or is a junior in college, or is married. Kent has 23 residential halls providing all facilities for hassle-free and comfortable living.
Admission requirements for international students
- Application: Online via Gyanberry Application Services
- Application Fee: $70 (non-refundable)
- Application Deadline:
|Spring Semester||Oct 1|
|Fall Semester||June 1|
- Documents Required:
- Copy of passport bio page.
- Secondary School Graduation Certificate/Diploma/Attending Certificate
- Secondary School Transcripts
- Financial Guarantee (Bank Statements)
- Admission Requirements:
- Must have completed secondary school.
- Minimum of 2.5 GPA.
- Minimum scores* in one of the following English language proficiency tests.
|SAT (Reading and Writing)||510|
*Applicants who do not meet the minimum language scores for admission may be admitted conditionally if they meet the academic requirements and also attend English language classes at Kent’s ESL center.
Tuition, fees, and total cost of attendance
|Particular||Yearly Cost (USD)||Yearly Cost (AED)|
|Tuition & Fees||20,799||76,384|
|Room & Board||12,412||45,583|
|Medical Insurance, Books & Supplies||7,661||28,135|
Scholarships for International students
- Kent State Global Scholarship: This scholarship is available to all international undergraduate students admitted to Kent State University. The scholarship provides eligible students with $4,000 per year ($2,000 per semester).
- International Student Graduate Assistance: Three types of financial assistance are available for graduate students.
- Assistantship: Graduate students will receive a tuition waiver and a monthly stipend of 20 hours of work per week during the academic year.
- Teaching or Research Fellowship: Students are offered a full tuition waiver and monthly stipend who focus on teaching or research rather than departmental duties.
- Scholarship: Through external funding or university or departmental competition.