Medical University of Bialystok: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
The Medical University of Bialystok is a modern public university established in 1950 in the city of Bialystok, northeastern Poland. Its mission is to provide quality education for a professional, responsible, and leading-edge medical staff who can carry out scientific research at the most advanced level and implement innovative solutions to fulfill social needs in collaboration with medical service providers.
A medical degree from MUB is internationally recognized. In addition, MUB is also accredited by the NCFMEA (National Committee on Foreign Medical Education and Accreditation).
MUB is also the leader in pioneering work on artificial intelligence in medicine and contributes to large-scale research on genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, radionics, and bioinformatics. There are also a lot of patent-protected and commercialized inventions developed by MUB researchers.
Currently, the University has 5800 students which include 400 students from the English Division. International students comprise 7% of the total student population.
|Year of Establishment
|5800 (400 in English division)
|Percentage of International Students
|Application Window for International Students
|1st June-31st August
|Number of Academic Faculties
|Annual fees for the general medicine program
|11,500 EUR/ 11,978 USD
|The estimated cost of attendance per year for medicine students
|13,645 EUR/ 14,000 USD
|Scholarships for International Students
Why study at the Medical University of Bialystok?
- The university has an ultra-modern research and teaching base, with a state-of-the-art teaching hospital and research centers for different domains.
- MUB is among the top 10 universities to study medicine in Poland.
- The University campus, study buildings, two clinical hospitals, student dormitories, and sports facilities are located in the city center, all within walking distance.
- Many international students and researchers come every year to the university.
- The Medical University of Bialystok has received accreditation from the Medical Council of India.
- MUB has study clubs and student organizations, where students engage in clinical trials and scientific conferences, which helps them gain practical skills in the field.
- MUB has a welcome Center that offers integrated services for international students where students get the opportunity to receive professional assistance in their functioning at the University and in Bialystok.
Medical University of Bialystok Rankings
- MUB is placed in position #1001-1200 by Times Higher Education World University Rankings in 2022.
- According to the Center for World University Rankings (CWUR), MUB is ranked #1630 in 2022-23.
- MUB is qualified for the U-Multirank 2021 institutional ranking and the U-Multirank 2021 by subject ranking. They achieved outstanding results in the categories of Teaching and Learning and Regional Engagement.
Programs offered by the Medical University of Bialystok
The Medical University of Bialystok offers a six-year MD program in English under the Faculty of Medicine (English Division).
- The student must possess a School Leaving Certificate, which should contain a statement that its holder has the right to apply for a position within a university or Institute of Higher Education.
- Positive grades in two of four subjects – Chemistry, Biology, Physics, or Mathematics.
- Applicants are admitted based on their ranking. The ranking is calculated based on the grades recorded in the official high school transcript and the interview.
Campus and Accommodation
The University is situated in an eighteenth-century Baroque palace called the Versailles of the North. The campus consists of school buildings, two teaching hospitals, student dormitories, and sports facilities nearby.
The university has ultra-modern research and teaching base, including the state-of-the-art Teaching Hospital, the Euro regional Pharmacy Center, the Faculty of Health Sciences Didactic-Scientific Center, the Clinical Research Center, the Experimental Medicine Center, the Innovation Research Center, the Center for Bioinformatics and Data Analysis, Molecular Imaging Laboratory and Center for Medical Simulation.
The University’s campus is close to Warsaw. It takes around 90 minutes to travel from Warsaw to Bialystok by road or train.
The Medical University of Bialystok offers fully furnished single rooms with high-speed Internet. There is a spacious social area, a kitchen, and laundry facilities on every floor. They also have other amenities such as a recreation room, photocopy centers, a convenience store, and a TV room.
The rooms for the English Division Students are within 10-15 minutes walkable distance from the Basic Science Departments and less than 5-10 minutes from the Clinical Departments.
There are 2 types of dorms- a single room with a bathroom and two single rooms with a shared bathroom. But currently, the single room with a bathroom is not available for the 2022 intake.
Students are provided with campus accommodation on a first-come, first-serve basis. The monthly rent for on-campus housing is around 200 USD* per month.
The university also assists students in finding reliable off-campus housing. The average monthly rent for a studio apartment with standard facilities is 250 USD.*
Admission Requirements for International Students
- Application: Online/ Apply Via Gyanberry
- Application Fee: MUB does not charge for the submission of the application. A non-refundable enrollment fee is charged to candidates who pass the first step of evaluation.
- Enrollment Fee: EUR 500/ USD 520 (non-refundable)
- Application Start Date: June 1
- Application Deadline: August 31
- Number of seats for 6-year MD program in English: 127
- Completed application form: The signed copy of the application form.
- School Leaving Certificate/High School Diploma: Both documents must be presented as a true certified copy with Apostille.
- Required subjects: Two out of four of the subjects-Chemistry, Biology, Physics, or Mathematics are mandatory.
- Eligibility declaration: If School Leaving Certificate does not contain a statement that its holder has the right to apply for a position at a Higher Education University, then a declaration must be produced stating that the relevant certificate (School Leaving Certificate/High School Diploma) holder is entitled to apply for admission to the MUB or any other higher education institution that grants academic degrees in the country where the certificate was issued.
- Health certificate: The original copy of the health certificate form, downloaded from the website.
- Photocopy of the bio page of the applicant’s passport.
- Photocopy of the applicant’s insurance card.
- 1 color passport-size photograph.
The interview will occur if the candidate receives a Promissory Letter of Enrollment from the Admission Committee after applying. Candidates may be interviewed in person or through electronic communication. The interview assesses the candidate’s English language proficiency, predisposition to study the program, and motivation. The results of the interview are declared on the same day of the interview.
For more details regarding the eligibility criteria and a smooth application process, contact us.
Tuition, Fees, and Cost of Attendance
|458 EUR/ 469 USD
|Annual Tuition Fees (6-year MD programs)
|11,674 EUR/ 11,978 USD
Cost of Living
Bialystok is one of the least expensive cities in the world.
|128-215 EUR/ 132-221 USD
|244 EUR/ 250 USD
The average annual expense for an international student in MUB would be 4,310 EUR or 4420 USD.
*Note: Converted at the rate of 1 EUR=1.03 USD. The exchange rate is subject to periodic change. The tuition fee would be higher in the first year.
Scholarships for International Students
Polish Government Scholarship: This scholarship is eligible for students from India. The scholarship covers the full tuition fees and a monthly stipend of 370-500 EUR (381-509 USD) for transportation and accommodation facilities.
- The applicant must be in the final year of their undergraduate studies.
- The student must not have obtained the diploma of graduate studies or the long-cycle master’s program at the time of application.
- The student who is applying for the scholarship must have B2-level knowledge of the English language.
Merit Awards: Every year, the Medical faculty of MUB releases scholarships for their best-performing students based on academic grades. International students can apply for these scholarships once they are admitted to the program and have completed at least 1 year of study.
Apart from the above 2, there are a few other scholarships for studying medicine and allied subjects in Poland.
Career Prospects for International Students
Students who complete the 6-year MD program become eligible to practice in Poland or any other country where the Medical Council recognizes the degree offered by the University. The degree is recognized by countries such as the USA, UK, and India, thus expanding the options for the students to practice in.
Working in Poland
The average pay for an entry-level medical doctor in Poland is between 4,000-6,000 USD per year. However, depending on the specialization and years of experience, doctors in Poland can make up to 80,000 USD per year. Check out the future opportunities after medical studies in Poland.
If you are a non-EU citizen and plan to work in Poland for the long term, you will need a work permit. The work permit issued is valid for only one job, and you can use it to perform only those tasks mentioned in your application form. The validity of the work permit is 3 years. The employer must apply for a work permit on behalf of the foreign employee.
The Medical University of Bialystok is a globally recognized and rapidly growing public medical university. They provide practical exposure to their students with their ultra-modern research and teaching base and state-of-the-art facilities. Apart from this, Bialystok is one of the least expensive cities in the world, making it an ideal choice for international students.