Munich Business School: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
Established as Bavaria’s first private university in 1991, Munich Business School (MBS) is renowned for offering coveted undergraduate and graduate business administration degrees. The university’s world-class MBA program is dedicated to developing a network of business and management professionals who are at the top of their respective professions.
Accredited to FIBAA and the State Council, MBS comprises a dynamic student strength of 627 pupils. Representation from 74 countries around the world is seen in this inspiring academic environment. Exchange students from partner universities also attend courses in Munich every semester, further contributing to the development of an international atmosphere.
Munich Business School: Highlights
|University Type||Private University|
|Year of Establishment||1991|
|Total Enrollment||627 students|
|International Representation||Students from 74 nationalities|
|Application Deadline for International Students||Applications open for Spring 2023|
|Academic Faculties||23 professors and over 120 lecturers|
|Scholarships for International Students||Available|
Why study at the Munich Business School?
- Because of the multinational milieu of the university, they prioritize global action and welcome international representation.
- At MBS, the emphasis is on small-group interaction and creative learning approaches. This allows interpersonal communication between the students and the teacher.
- The institute partners with 60+ global universities, offering 20 dual-degree programs.
- MBS houses the European Center for Social Finance (ECSF), and thus invests in promoting research in the areas of social entrepreneurship and social finance.
- After completing their bachelor’s degree at MBS, 52% of students pursue a master’s degree, and 81% find work within three months of graduation.
Munich Business School Rankings
- #90 in the world for Masters in Management by QS World University Rankings 2021.
- #3 amongst all universities of applied sciences in the field of business administration by Wirtschaftswoche University Rankings 2021.
- Top 25 global performers for student mobility by Globales Hochschulranking U-Multirank 2022.
- One of the top 3 private universities of applied sciences in seven of eight categories by Trendence Graduate Barometer 2020. MBS is ranked 1 in the categories of internationality, faculty, and library.
Programs and courses offered at Munich Business School
Munich Business School offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, as well as a part-time and full-time MBA General Management Program. International students can also apply to enroll in the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program.
In addition to this, separate preparation programs including the likes of pre-degrees are also awarded. The university is famous for its master’s administrative education, exchange programs, and study abroad semester courses.
The main areas of focus under the degree of Bachelor of Business Administration are
- International innovation management
- International procurement, production, and logistics
- International Marketing and Sales
- International human resource management and leadership
- International financial management
- International corporate management and development
MBA graduate programs at MBS include
- Masters in International Business
- Masters in Sports Business and Communication
- Masters in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Masters in International Marketing and Brand Management
Campus and accommodation
Munich Business School does not provide on-campus accommodation for its students, but it does aid them in finding a place to live. In Munich, the average monthly rent for students is around 280 Euros. Only approximately 13% of students live in student housing due to a lack of space.
The majority of students reside in individual rooms. Other options for lodging include shared apartments, residential studios, and more. Rent must be paid on the eighth working day of the month, and it must be paid in advance.
|Room type||Cost per month in USD|
|Room in a shared apartment||676 to 902 USD|
|Studio (one room, kitchen and own bath)||1014 to 1,127 USD|
1 bedroom/ 2 bedrooms
|1,127 to 1,465 USD/ 1,578 to 2,028 USD|
Admission requirements for international students
The admissions policy of Munich Business School is quite extensive. Students must apply for the programs and submit the relevant documentation, as well as participate in an interview.
Gyanberry is officially partnered with the Munich Business School. Apply via Gyanberry to get a complete evaluation of your application and enhance your chances of smooth admission to the Munich Business School
To be considered for admission, a candidate must submit an application together with the following required documents:
- Letter of motivation (1 to 2 pages)
- An updated CV
- A copy of your official academic transcript with your final grade on it
- Proof of English proficiency
- A copy of your passport’s information page (with photo)
- A photo that was taken recently in passport size
- Filled Application form
After the documents have been submitted, you will be asked to prepare for the one-on-one interview. The interview will last 45-60 minutes and is supposed to help MBS examiners determine whether your profile is being built in conjunction with the study plan and class.
Within 10 working days, you will get a notification from the Admissions Office that your application is complete. The Music Business School will send you an acceptance letter and two copies of your thesis agreement if you are accepted.
To guarantee your spot in the program, you must return a copy within two weeks of signing up. It is advised to keep the other copy for your personal records.
Acceptance of the inspection plan necessitates registration fees of 1,490 Euros or 1,480 USD* for non-EU residents, and 1,000 Euros or 993 USD after the inspection agreement is signed. Your initial tuition charge will be reduced by the amount of the deposit.
*Note: Costs are converted based on the current exchange rate, i.e., 1 EUR= 1.00844 USD. Exchange rates are subject to periodic change.
If you are not a European Union citizen, you will need to apply for an EU student visa before beginning your studies in Germany. You can avail of Gyanberry’s Visa Counseling services and get expert guidance regarding the process to get a student visa.
To get a Visa Invitation Letter from the Music Business School, follow these steps:
Sign the inspection agreement and a copy of your passport page with your personal information.
Replace the $1,000 deposit. This sum will be taken from the tuition for the first semester.
Tuition, fees, and cost of attendance
The fee structure for various courses at MBS is outlined below alongside the duration of the course.
|Course||Duration||Annual Cost in USD|
|Bachelor international business||6 semester + thesis||11,337|
|Pre- Bachelor International Business||16 week||5,668|
|Master International Business||18 months/ 24 months||7,956|
|Master Innovation and Entrepreneurship||18 months/ 24 months||7,956|
|Master International Marketing and Brand Management||18 months/ 24 months||7,956|
|Master Sports Business and Communication||18 months/ 24 months||7,956|
|MBA- full time||12 months||15,912|
|MBA- Part-time||24 months||7,956|
|Doctor of Business Administration||48 months||12,531 for the first two years, and 5,370 for the remaining two|
|Executive Education programs||Differs according to courses||Differs according to course|
Cost of living
In addition to the tuition fees, international students will also have to incur the following expenses
|Fee Particulars||Annual Amount in USD|
Thus, the total cost of attendance for an international student enrolled at MBS ranges between 17,950-44,394 USD or 65,932-163,063 AED***.
***Note: Costs are converted based on the current exchange rate, i.e., 1 USD = 3.67 AED. Exchange rates are subject to periodic change.
Scholarships for international students
Munich Business School strives to make education more accessible to high-performing candidates regardless of their financial position. It thus offers partial scholarships to committed prospective students in addition to other financing options. To apply for one of these limited scholarships, you will almost certainly need to submit a personal statement as well as other documents.
Different scholarships being offered are:
- MBS Bavarian Scholarship
- MBS Explorer Scholarship
- MBS BEST Scholarship
- MBS Sports Scholarship
- MBA Global Thinker Scholarship
- MBA Responsible Leader Scholarship
- MBA Smart Entrepreneur Scholarship
The maximum scholarship money awarded to UG students is 2,850 Euros or 2,834 USD** per semester. 10-50% of the tuition in the 1st and 2nd Bachelor semesters is waivered.
Similarly, the maximum scholarship money awarded to PG students is 3,200 Euros or 3,182 USD each for the 1st and 2nd master’s semesters.
**Note: Costs are converted based on the current exchange rate, i.e., 1 EUR= 1.00844 USD. Exchange rates are subject to periodic change.
Career prospects, placements, and salaries for MBS graduates
The MBS Career Center is a dedicated service bridging the gap between the graduates of MBS and corporate companies. The institute ensures its students are job-ready and equipped with the requisite skills by
- Providing extensive career coaching in the form of mock interviews, resume making, and more.
- Giving students access to a comprehensive list of business contacts. The MBS Connect alumni portal allows you to exchange ideas with graduates and learn about any job vacancies in their companies.
- Maintaining a functioning job portal. The MBS Job Portal displays permanent employment opportunities, jobs, and internships for working students.
Fresh graduates from MBS can expect to earn up to 55,000 USD per year. All international students can work in Germany, after applying for a Visa after graduation. As per government guidelines, international students are required to extend their resident permit for up to 18 months to get a job in their field of study. After finding a job, students can then apply for an EU Blue Card which will enable them to work in any EU state.