Peter the Great Saint-Petersburg Polytechnic University : Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (SPbPU) is a polytechnic university, founded in 1899. The campus was built in the northwest of the city borders. In Russia, the university is habitually known as the St. Petersburg Polytechnic Institute and is located in the greenest city with easily accessible transportation to nearby places and other districts in the city.
The university offers many programs in the English language for international students. Undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Engineering, Economics and Management, Natural Sciences, It, Design, and Humanities can be opted by international students at SPbPU.
Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University’s campus consists of 170 plus research and educational buildings, a campus for international students, a sports complex, and 23 dormitories for accommodation purposes. A historical part of the campus is a subject of love and a place of inspiration for many students and faculty.
The polytechnic university has a vital role in the academic community. SPbPU has a partnership with many industrial companies and academic institutions. The university has direct contracts with 320 plus universities from 70 countries. Various international symposiums and conferences are hosted by Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University every year.
Adding to the fact, 8500 plus international students study at SPbPU (Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University) and the number is growing with every coming year.
Peter the Great Saint-Petersburg Polytechnic University Rankings
|In the world ( times higher education)||37th|
|For civil engineering ( Edu Rank)||111th|
|In Saint Petersburg ( Edu Rank)||2nd|
|In Russia ( world rankings)||11th|
|In Europe ( Edu Rank)||371th|
Why study at Peter the Great Saint-Petersburg Polytechnic University?
- Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University has a students’ club to help university students to be self-sufficient, to support all students’ talents, and to preserve the cultural and historical significance of the university.
- A total of 271 international faculty makes it easier for international students to get adapted to the university environment.
- 100 plus foreign companies are collaborating with the university currently.
- 13 globally leading companies (Siemens, Boeing, AIRBUS, LG Electronics, BOSCH, SAP, Prometric Inc., Huawei, Philips, Kawasaki, COMAC, Toyota, ITER) are partners with Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University.
- The university has 10 (IREC) International research and education centers.
Programs & courses offered at Peter the Great Saint-Petersburg Polytechnic University
Peter the Great Saint-Petersburg Polytechnic University offers 3 undergraduate and 25 graduate programs to international students along with an acceptance rate of 36%.
Peter the Great Saint-Petersburg Polytechnic University offers the following undergraduate programs.
|International Business||3,991 USD|
|International trade||3,991 USD|
|Digital Enterprise Economics||3,991 USD|
Peter the Great Saint-Petersburg Polytechnic University offers 25 graduate programs. Some of the most followed up fields are –
|Civil engineering||4,624 USD|
|Electrical engineering||4,624 USD|
|Mechanics and mathematics modeling||
|Nuclear power engineering||5,279 USD|
|Molecular and Cellular Biomedical Technologies||4,624 USD|
|Business Engineering||4,204 USD|
|Technology Leadership and Entrepreneurship||4,624 USD|
|International Business Development||4,204 USD|
|International Trade Relations||4,204 USD|
|Innovative Entrepreneurship||4,204 USD|
Campus and & accommodation at Peter the Great Saint-Petersburg Polytechnic University
In SPbPU campus, 8500 plus students live in dormitories from other cities and countries. All dormitories are situated nearby to the academic buildings. 3 dormitories are there on campus- “Ploshchad Muzhestva”, “Lesnoy prospect”, and “Grazhdansky prospect”.
- Students are allowed to live with 2,3 or 4 roommates.
- Entry in dormitories is allowed using a pass only.
- Buildings are equipped with emergency voice alarm and control systems.
- Exterior and interior video surveillance systems are also present in most dormitories.
- Tennis and fitness rooms are also available
- Digital TV access and broadband Internet
- Sports grounds and sports clubs are made to keep students physically active.
Admission requirements for international students
The application for admission can be made via Gyanberry Application Services or directly through the university website. Below are the documents required to get admission to the university.
- Academic transcripts
- Previous education proofs
- English language Certificate
- Copy of passport
- Medical insurance certificates
- 2 passport size photographs
The entrance exam will be conducted (as per the program chosen) after the submission of the application form.
All entrance exams are scheduled according to (GMT+3) Moscow standard time.
|Deadlines||Undergraduate Programs||Graduate Programs|
|Visa-free countries||1 Sep||1 Sep|
|Visa countries||1 Aug||1 Aug|
Tuition, fees, and cost of attendance
The average expenses of a student studying at Peter the Great Saint-Petersburg Polytechnic University are tabulated below –
|Tuition Fee for graduate programs||4,624 USD- 5,279 USD|
|Tuition Fee for undergraduate programs||3,991 USD|
|Hostel fee and meal||1,573 USD|
|Other living expenses( laundry etc)||200 USD|
|Internet||72 USD – 144USD|
|Total expenses for Undergraduate programs||6,425 USD|
|Total expenses for graduate programs||7,058 USD- 7,713 USD|
The total yearly cost of attendance for international students pursuing graduate programs is 7,058 USD- 7,713 USD or 25,922 AED- 28,328 AED.
The total yearly cost of attendance for international students pursuing undergraduate programs is 6,425 USD or 23,597 AED.
Scholarships for international students
International students can apply for the “Open Doors: Russian Scholarship” program which allows students to pursue tuition-free master’s and postgraduate programs at SPbPU. Scholarships are granted on the basis of the candidate’s portfolio, online test, and online interview. The application process starts in the second week of September.
International students can apply for state scholarships once they have cleared (EGE) Uniform State Examination or entrance exams. ‘State-funded spots’ (at universities) are being provided by the Russian government to international students. It has been taken into account that 18,000 spots were granted in 2021.
Perks of government scholarship –
- Relaxation in 100% tuition fee during the years of the study of the chosen program
- Maintenance allowance
- Accommodation charges (if available in university)
Apart from these, travel and other living expenses are to be managed by the student itself.
To avail opportunity for the scholarship, candidates need to register on the studyinRussia official website.