Riga Business School: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
Established in 1991, in cooperation with the State University of New York at Buffalo, USA, and the University of Ottawa, Canada, Riga Business School (RBS) is a management – education institution within Riga Technical University (RTU). The university offers Business Management programs in English, granting its graduates an internationally recognized Business Administration degree with North-American style teaching standards.
If you are looking to study Business in Latvia, Riga Business School is an exclusive choice. Taking an approach to imparting world-class education building sustainability and cooperation for the young generation, RBS opens a plethora of lucrative opportunities
Why study at the Riga Business School?
- The outstanding curriculum is designed to help students get world-class business education and learn skills that will help them in the future.
- Highly qualified faculty members include former representatives of government, lawyers, research scholars, entrepreneurs, vice-presidents, directors of banks, and more.
- Riga Business School ranked 4th in MBA in Eastern Europe by the Eduniversal Rankings.
- The university offers International Student Exchange Programs providing a multicultural and diversified environment for students to thrive and meet people from around the world.
- The Open Days by RBS is an exclusive visit of the campus and the departments for students to get a standpoint of their excellent education methods and the thriving life of the students on the campus.
- The university, apart from its business education programs, also has an English Language Center (ELC) and other programs such as CFA, Financial Industry Program, and more.
|QS World University Rankings||Top 750|
|Eduniversal Rankings Palmes League||#2|
|Employers’ Confederation of Latvia||#1|
Programs & Courses offered by the university
Riga Business School provides various accredited bachelor’s degree programs and master’s degree programs in Professional MBA and Executive MBA, alongside their English Language Center (ELC). The students have a wide option to select their courses with the carefully curated curriculum offered by the university which allows students to study as well as participate in other activities and clubs on the campus. With an international approach toward science and technology, innovation and creativity are what make the students of Riga Business School stand out.
The most in-demand specializations include Professional MBA, MBA in Marketing, and Executive MBA.
The university also offers double-degree diploma programs for bachelors with a duration of 3-4 years full-time where students have different options to choose from which makes it a great option.
After completing the master’s degree, students are awarded an Internationally Accredited Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree from the Riga Business School at Riga Technical University.
The students also get opportunities to take part in various extracurricular activities at different groups and clubs such as the artistic group, drama group, sports activities, as well as working in student self-government and parliament.
Courses students can enroll in after completing high school include
|Program Name||Duration||Annual Tuition Fee in USD||Annual Tuition Fee in AED|
|International Foundation Programme (IFP)||1 year (full-time)||3050||11202.67|
|Introduction to Mathematical Reasoning||1x a week on Mondays||369||1355.34|
|Pre University English||8 months||830||3085.32|
|General English||2x week for 4 months||747||2743.73|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)||3 years (full time)||7953||29211.41|
|Baltic IT Leadership Bachelor Program (BITL)||4 years (full time)||7970||29273.85|
After completing your undergraduate studies, you can choose to upgrade your skill set by pursuing a Master’s degree in
|Program Name||Duration||Annual Tuition Fee in USD||Annual Tuition Fee in AED|
|Professional MBA||2-5 years||8785||32267.35|
|General MBA||2-5 years||8785||32267.35|
|MBA Finance||2-5 years||8785||32267.35|
|MBA IT||2-5 years||8785||32267.35|
|MBA Marketing||2-5 years||8785||32267.35|
|Executive MBA||1.6 years||16,525||60696.41|
Campus and accommodation
Located at the center of Riga Technical University (RTU), Riga Business School is situated in the very central part of Riga within a walking distance of modern shopping centers, restaurants, cafeterias, hotels, parks, and Old town. The distance from the international airport is 25 minutes.
All international students are accommodated in the student residence hall which is located in Kipsala. The rooms are spacious and airy with much space for sharing with other students. From having an option to choose a single, double, or triple room, students also have full-time access to the kitchen, so there is no need to spend extra money on kitchen appliances. The rooms will also have attached bathrooms, beds, tables, and chairs, fully equipped for the student to make themselves at home.
The hostel has self-service laundry services, a refrigerator, and Internet and some hostels also have a mini gym, and swimming pool.
The route from the room to the campus is nearly 2-3 km which gets easier to commute with the bus services available nearby.
Admission requirements for international students
To be eligible for admission to Riga Business School, students should have a decent academic record and provide all the requisite documents
|Program Name||Application Deadline Dates 2022||Commencement of the classes|
|Bachelor program||April 28||August 2022|
|Professional MBA||July 11 (Fall);
November 7 (Spring)
|Executive MBA (EMBA)||November 7||January 2023|
For master’s programs at Riga Business School, the application form is available from the month of May.
To enroll in an undergraduate course, students will need to complete the following steps.
- Fill in the online application given on the university website
- Alternatively, to ensure timely completion and submission of appropriate documents, you can apply via Gyanberry, an official partner of Riga Business School.
- Attach your high school diploma, a copy of your passport, a scanned photograph, a language certificate, a certificate of extracurricular activities or personal achievements such as internships, volunteer work, cultural activities, hobbies, etc.
- Pay the application fees (USD 167)
- Apply for a Latvia visa and accommodation via the university website.
- Ask to be allotted a mentor before you arrive in Latvia.
- High school transcripts/ University transcripts
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (Min TOEFL iBT-70, Min IELTS- 6.0)
- Proof of extracurricular activities
- RBS Math Entrance Exam (MEE) test scores
The final admission decision is based on the student’s performance in four primary areas:
- Previous academic achievement (25% weightage)
- English Language proficiency (25% weightage)
- RBS Math Entrance Exam performance (25% weightage)
- Interview and extracurricular activities (25% weightage)
In addition to the documents required for undergraduate admission, graduate students will need to meet a few other requirements, which are
- Bachelor’s Diploma and academic transcripts
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (Min TOEFL paper-based- 550, TOEFL iBT- 80, IELTS- 6.5)
- Two recommendation letters (for Executive MBA)
- CV (for Executive MBA)
Tuition, fees, and total cost of attendance
|Type of Program||Program Name||Annual Tuition Fees in USD||Annual Tuition Fees in AED|
|Bachelor’s program||Bachelor BBA||7953 USD||29211.41|
|Bachelor BITL||7970 USD||29273.85|
|Master’s program||Professional MBA||8785 USD||32267.35|
|Executive MBA||16525 USD||60696.41|
Cost of living
In addition to paying annual tuition fees, students enrolled in Riga Business School will have to incur the following expenses:
|Registration fees for non-EU students||167 USD|
|Yearly accommodation (double room)||2386 USD|
|Meal charge||2652 USD|
|Books and cases||Bachelor- Included in the tuition fee|
|Master- 44 USD – 77 USD|
|Resource fee||Bachelor- Included in the tuition fee|
|Master- 55 USD|
|Total Cost||5304 USD|
Thus, the cost of attendance for international students enrolled at Riga Business School will include yearly tuition fee charges, accommodation and dining charges, and one-time expenditures such as application fees, etc.
The average annual cost of attendance for an international student pursuing an undergraduate program at Riga Business School is $13,257 USD or 48693 AED.
For the professional MBA programs, the average annual cost for international students is $14,089 USD or 51749 AED.
Scholarships for international students
There are only a few scholarships available, but students can look for other sources of funding in their home country or from the Latvian higher education department.
RBS Excellence Scholarship
RBS Excellence Scholarship covers the full tuition fee for the 3-year BBA and the 4-year BITL program in Riga.
This scholarship is available for students with:
- Outstanding grades;
- Significant extracurricular activities;
- Motivation and leadership:
- IELTS at least 6.5, TOEFL ITP at least 550, or TOEFL IBT at least 79
Application deadline for the RBS Excellence Scholarship – is April 28, 2022.