Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University : Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University came into existence from the medical faculty of Moscow Imperial University established in 1758. It’s the oldest and first medical school in Russia.
Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University has been a frontline Russian healthcare system for over two centuries. Many scientists and outstanding physicians, who have worked at the University are contributing perpetually to the progress of medicine.
Technologies, knowledge, and global talent in life sciences are the field of concern for Sechenov University.
The clinical campus of Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University was founded in 1897. It was reckoned as the largest and the best teaching hospital in the whole of Europe.
World-wide research networks and Research-based training deliver health care specialists to the next generation along with professional competencies.
Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University Rankings
|Country rank (uni rank )||36|
|In Baku ( Edu rank)||27|
|In Europe( US news)||507|
|In Russia ( US news)||17|
|For clinical medicine ( US news)||570|
Why study at Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University?
- It provides a good student-faculty ratio of 8:1 that means only 8 students are being proctored by a single teacher.
- At present, Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University is the only member (in subject medicine), by QS World University Ranking, of the Russian Academic Excellence Project.
- Sechenov University also organizes regularly Nobel Prize laureates in chemistry, medicine, and physiology.
- It offers a multicultural experience to students, with 85 nationalities and 15% international students.
Programs & courses offered at Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University offers various courses and programs to international students. However, the acceptance rate for international students is 70%.
Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University provides 3 undergraduate programs in English.
|Programs||Years of study||Qualification|
|General medicine||6 years||Medical Doctor|
|Dentistry||5 years||Dental Doctor|
Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University delivers Master’s programs in various fields in English as a medium of instruction. Some most popular ones are-
Surgery and Proctology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, General Practice-Family Medicine, Radial Diagnostics, Therapy and Geriatrics, and Cardiology and Functional Diagnostics.
Campus and & accommodation at Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
The campus is spread across an area of 36,000 square meters with over 3,500 beds in hospitals. football pitch, swimming pool, a running track, badminton, volleyball, and tennis courts are present inside the campus only.
Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University provides residential facilities to all students. The environment promotes the social and individual development of students along with good academic facilities.
- The rooms provided by the university are furnished with comforts to all international students. Rooms can be shared with people of the same gender. The cooling system and central heating are the inviting features of rooms in the residency of Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University.
- Basic important amenities such as laundry facilities are also provided. Along with that, on every floor, a kitchen is given that gives the choice of self-cooking to students.
The university has very limited seats for accommodation. So, rooms are allocated on a first come first serve basis.
Admission requirements for international students
The application forms are to be filled on the official website of the university. The acceptance rate of the university is 70%. Below are the documents required to get admission to the university
- Filled application form;
- Copy of International Passport
- Copy of School Certificate
- Academic transcripts
- Copy of the payment receipt.
- Two passport-size photographs (3 x 4).
- Medical certificate showing negative reports for AIDS/ HIV.
- Physics, chemistry, biology subjects must have been studied by the applicant of an undergraduate program.
- Either MBBS, MD, or BDS degree with transcripts are required for admission in postgraduate programs.
- No specific score is required for admission. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University accepts admissions for all passing grades and scores.
Application deadlines for admission in 2021 have passed. Usually, the admission deadline lies between July to September.
Tuition, fees, and cost of attendance
The average expenses of a student studying at Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University are tabulated below-
|For graduate programs||11,800 USD|
|For postgraduate programs||10,000 USD|
|Hostel fee||3,800 USD|
|Preparatory department fee||4,900 USD|
|First year expenses(One- time)||18,00 USD|
|Medical insurance, medical checkup||300 USD|
|Total expenses for postgraduate programs||20,800 USD|
|Total expenses for graduate programs||22,600 USD|
The total yearly cost of attendance for international students pursuing graduate programs is 22,600 USD or 83,000 AED.
The total yearly cost of attendance for international students pursuing postgraduate programs is 20,800 USD or 76,390 AED.
Scholarships for international students
International students can apply for state scholarships once they have cleared (EGE) Uniform State Examination or entrance exams. ‘State-funded spots’ (at universities) are being provided by the Russian government to international students. It has been taken into account that 18,000 spots were granted in 2021.
Perks of government scholarship-
- relaxation in 100% tuition fee during the years of the study of the chosen program
- Maintenance allowance
- Accommodation charges (if available in university)
Apart from these, travel and other living expenses are to be managed by the student itself.
To avail opportunity for the scholarship, candidates need to register on the studyinRussia official website.