St. Francis College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
St. Francis College based in Brooklyn Heights, New York is a private, independent, and urban college with Franciscan and Catholic traditions committed to academic excellence, spiritual and moral values, physical fitness, social responsibility, and life-long learning and has been functioning since 1859. The college aims at providing ample opportunities for students.
The college has more than 2600 students and 20000 alumni, with diverse backgrounds representing 80 countries. 314 International Students from 81 countries are associated with the institution. SFC offers 72+ degree programs, the most popular programs among International Students are Accounting, Management & Information Technology, Economics, Political Science, Psychology, and Communication Arts.
|US News||#15 in Regional Colleges North
#12 in Best Value Schools
|Times Higher Education||501-600, US Rankings in 2018|
|Niche||#14 of 1,634, Best College Locations in America
#308 of 1,422, Best College Athletics in America
Why study at St. Francis College?
The college provides quality and accessibly-priced education; each international student is provided with an opportunity to participate in global engagement through the college experience.
- 99% of students receive financial aid
- The average cost after scholarships and aid are 15,817USD
- SFC annually awards 22M USD worth of Institutional aid
- 16:1 student to faculty ratio provides more individual attention to each student
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is strongly promoted
- The college aims at Expanding and Deepening International Programs for their Strategic Vision 2023
- Student gets the opportunity to live in the culturally rich and opportunity-filled city of NYC
Programs and Courses
St. Francis College proudly offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. The college focuses on quality academics with 19 academic departments that offer 72+ undergraduate and minor programs along with associate degrees. The graduate programs consist of 13 master’s degrees that have life-changing impacts on students who are coming right out of college or looking to advance in their careers. The programs focus on academic excellence, spiritual and moral values, physical fitness, social responsibility, and life-long learning.
Whether a student wants to study popular professional programs or class liberal arts, St. Francis College offers it all with their wide range of 60+ bachelor’s degrees. The most popular ones being
- Interdisciplinary Studies, B.A.
- Management, B.S.
- Professional Studies, B.S.
- Communication Arts, B.A.
The college offers a good range of Master’s Degrees for students interested in even higher education. The most popular master’s degrees are
- Creative Writing (Non-Fiction Writing), MFA
- Management (Social Innovation & Entrepreneurship), M.S.
- General Psychology, M.A.
- Exercise & Sports Science, M.S.
3 Associate Degrees are offered in this institution.
- Criminal Justice, A.A.S.
- Liberal Arts, A.A.
- Business Administration, A.A.S.
With over 35+ Minor programs, the opportunities at the college are endless. The most popular minors are
- Women’s and Gender Studies MInor
- Pre-Health Professions Programs
- Philosophy Minor
- Fashion and Retail Management Minor
Campus and Accommodation
The St. Francis College is a portal to the internationally famous city, New York City of Dreams. The college is situated in Brooklyn Heights providing students with opportunities both inside and outside the classrooms. NYC’s best cultural institutions, shopping, and dining are just a few steps from the campus.
The newly upgraded campus is designed to cater to a diverse community and help facilitate learning and discovery. The Academic center features HDTV Production Studio, Black Box Theater, Smart Classrooms, Science Labs, Library and Computer Labs, and the Athletic facilities include the Peter Division I basketball court and the Genovesi Athletic Center. Other than on-campus sports facilities the college also offers additional spaces for athletic practice, Icahn Stadium for Outdoor Track, New Balance Track, and Field Center for Indoor Track, and USTA National Tennis Center for Tennis.
SFC’s Residence Life Program offers students a great living experience in a welcoming, hygienic, and safe environment. The college’s new 11- floor residence, 97 Columbia Heights is located in the historic Brooklyn Heights neighborhood with a view of the Manhattan skyline. Some of the building amenities are laundry facilities, fitness room, free wifi, game rooms, etc.
Admission requirements for international students
Where to apply: Online via college website/ Apply via Gyanberry
Application Fee: Free
When to Apply: The college offers rolling admissions throughout the year, showing their dedication to incoming International Students
The documents required are
- Transcripts of previous studies translated into the English Language
- Proof of high school completion
- SAT/ACT scores are optional for everyone except Student-Athletes and Nursing students
- TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, PTE, or ITEP exam results for English Proficiency requirements
The documents required are:
- Proof of undergraduate course completion
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Resume/ CV
- Statement of Purpose
- GMAT/ GRE scores are required if the applicant’s college GPA is below 3.0
- TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, PTE, or ITEP exam results if the applicant is from a non-English speaking country
- A course-by-course evaluation of credits
Tuition, Fees and Total Cost of Attendance
The 2021-22 tuition rate for a full-time undergraduate student is 27,298 USD.
The cost for a graduate program varies and can be from 650-1000 USD per credit, a master’s degree consists of 34-38 credits.
Cost of Living
Students have the option to choose between on-campus and off-campus housing.
The on-campus facility is the SFC’s Residence Life Program in 97 Columbia heights, students can choose to live with or without roommates.
|Room type||Cost per year|
|Single Room||18000 USD|
|Double Room||16000 USD|
|Triple Room||15000 USD|
Off-campus students may choose to live anywhere in New York City, they can take help from the NYC Rent Guidelines Board and the off-campus housing resources. The approximate cost of living in the city is 5000-10000 USD.
Scholarships for international students
St. Francis College offers a huge range of scholarships for international students to enroll and help them receive their college diplomas. The following scholarships are offered by SFC to International Students:
- Merit-based Scholarship
- International-based Scholarship
- Presidential Scholarship
- Faith-based Scholarship
- Larkin luminary Scholarship
- Athletic Scholarship
- You are welcome here Scholarship
St. Francis College provides affordable education in the posh city of New York. Students get an opportunity to study in the United States, grow and learn. Nestled in the heart of Brooklyn Heights the college not only provides academic excellence but also focuses on the athletic and spiritual development of the student. Moreover, International Students’ specific scholarships, programs, and aid make sit easier to study here.