St. George’s University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
St. George’s University (SGU) was initiated as a School of Medicine in 1976.
But gradually it commenced the classes for students in the year 1977. The university is situated on the beautiful islands in Grenada, West Indies. It has become a world-class educational hub for international education welcoming students and faculty from more than 140 nations to the beautiful Caribbean island, Grenada, West Indies.
Primary study offered at the university are in the subject areas of medicine, veterinary medicine, arts and sciences, graduate sciences. SGU is a top university to study medicine in Grenada.
The university is a private university offering top-notch educational endeavors to international students. The total enrollment of students as of September 2020 is 8,617. The total percentage of females and for males is 58% and 42% respectively. There are 32% foreign nationals enrolled in the university as of December 2020.
- #1 in country ranking by Unirank.com.
- #1 in country rankings by the EduRank university rankings.
Why study at St. George’s University?
The university is accredited by numerous institutions entailing the Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Educational expertise in Medicine and the Health Professions, the National Committee on Foreign Medical Education and Accreditation, and the Council on Education for its services in education in the field of Public Health.
- There are a lot of scholarships available for international students.
- The university offers top notch infrastructure and amenities.
- There are multifarious organisations and clubs available in the campus. To name a few, these are Religious and Cultural Organisations, Special Interest Groups, School of Medicine Groups, School of veterinary Medicine Groups, and School of Arts and Sciences Groups.
- In the span of last 12 years, SGU School of Medicine is ranked #1 in providing the doctors into first-year US residencies.
Programs & Courses at SGU
- There are various bachelors, masters, certificate programs and short term courses available for international students.
- There are different subjects available. These are offered by the following academic schools: School of Medicine, School of Veterinary medicine, School of Arts and Science, School of Graduate Studies, Summer and Short term programs.
- The programs have received approval from institutions in the US.
- The university has received affiliation from educational institutions worldwide of the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and Ireland.
|Academic Division||Programs Offered|
|School of Medicine||Doctor of Medicine (MD), Dual MD/Master of Science, Dual MD/Master of Public Health, Ph.D. Programs|
|School of Veterinary medicine||Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Dual DVM/Master of Science, Dual DVM/Master of Public Health, Dual DVM/MBA, PhD|
|School of Arts and Science||Undergraduate, Post Baccalaureate degrees, Dual Degrees, Certificates|
|School of Graduate Studies||Graduate Degree, Dual MD, DVM|
|Summer and Short term programs||Summer med/veterinary leadership academy|
Some of the bachelor’s programs are as follows:
- Bachelor in Accounting and Finance
- Bachelor in Biology
- Bachelor in Information Technology
- Bachelor in International Business
- Bachelor in Management
- Bachelor in Psychology
- Bachelor in Sociology
Some of the master’s programs are as follows:
- Masters Degree in Public Health
- Masters Degree in Multi-Sector Health Management
- MBA International Business
- Master of Sciences
- Master of Education
The university offers special medicinal studies programs which are combinations of either graduate or postgraduate degrees in the forms of dual degrees. These are as follows:
- Doctor Of Medicine (MD) Program: 4 years MD Program, 5 years MD Programs, 6 year MD Program, 7 year MD Program.
- BSc/MD Dual Degree
- MD/MPH Dual Degree
- MD/MSc Dual Degree
- Medical Ph.D. Degree: there are four specialties to choose from:
- Ph.D. in Anatomical Education
- Ph.D. in Anatomical Sciences
- Ph.D. in Microbiology
- Ph.D. in Physiology and Neuroscience
2021/22 Tuition costs:
|Tuition fees||Amounts in USD||Amounts in AED|
|Total Basic Sciences (Terms 1, 2 3/4 & 5)||$121,056||4,44,662.90 AED|
|Total Clinical||$121,056||4,44,662.90 AED|
Campus and Accommodation
The campus is situated in the scenic islands of Grenada, West Indies. Students can avail the facility of the virtual tour of the campus where they can avail the feature of touring the campus 24/7. Students can take advantage of world-class amenities on the campus. Spacious classrooms, lecture halls, laboratories, and library.
- The residency and housing facilities are available for students.
- The recreation center and support services are always available for students.
- The facility of teaching hospitals can also be availed by the students on the campus.
- There are myriad dining and leisure facilities on the campus.
There are accommodation facilities available for both on-campus and off-campus. These residency options are located nearby to the majority of teaching halls and classes.
On-Campus: The university offers city-themed housing availability. These are located near the sea. All rooms are centrally air-conditioned and are fully furnished with beds, desks, closets, and chairs.
Some of the features include,
- On-site maintaining and housekeeping team
- Wifi and internet access
- 24/7 security team
- On-campus Assistance
Off-Campus: the University also aids the students in finding personal residence options in the city. The university helps the students through its housing office.
A range of apartments and houses with one bedroom or more area available for off-campus accommodation. Students can take the help of assistance provided by university officers in understanding the rental agreements and other formalities.
Admission requirements for international students
MD (Medicine Doctor) program entry requirements for foreign applicants
- Educational degree: An undergraduate degree with a robust science background is a must.
- English language: The student must submit all the scores of anyone test mentioned below:
- IELTS- 7.0 band in each module.
- TOEFL- 600 in paper-based, 250 in computer-based test, or 100 in the internet-based exam. The TOEFL code of university is 2864
- Password-Skills –Scoring is alike the IELTS scoring for direct entry
- C1 Advanced- A score of 186 overall is mandatory.
- PTE Academic – A score of 85 overall is mandatory.
|4-Year MD Program||Bachelor’s degree in sciences||Medical year 1|
|5-Year MD Program||Advanced Levels: Minimum 3 subjects with A’s and B’s in Biology, Chemistry, and either Maths or Physics; Math or Physics can be accepted at AS level with non-science third A level.
Approved foundation programs: University qualifies the students on a range of science/medical pathway programs.
Full IB Diploma: A minimum of 32 points; 3 HL science subjects recommended; minimum of 2 HL subjects, which must include Chemistry and Biology; results 5 or higher.
India 10+2 or CBSE: at least 80% average with the condition of no grade less than 80% in Biology, Chemistry, Math, Physics, and English.
|Preclinical year 3|
|6-Year MD Program||Secondary school diploma: excellent performance in science, SABIS High School.
Further education: Baccalaureate, Higher School Exam
|Preclinical year 2|
|7-Year MD Program||IGCSE: grade B or better in at least 6 subjects including Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics, and English||Preclinical year 1|
To get complete details of entry requirements and application procedure, students can get in touch with Gyanberry. We also provide services like Visa guidance, and admission counselling.
Tuition, fees, and total cost of attendance
Additional SGU Fees:
- Graduation Fee – $772
- Mandatory Term 1 Book – $1,926
Tuition fees for preclinical:
|Tuition fees for preclinical||Amounts in USD||Amounts in AED|
Tuition fees for basic sciences:
|Basic Sciences||Tuition Fees in USD||Admin Fees in USD||Tuition Fees in AED||Admin Fees in AED|
|Term 1||$ 26,993||$ 5,818||99,150.69 AED||21,370.68 AED|
|Term2||$ 26,993||$ 5,818||99,150.69 AED||21,370.68 AED|
|Term 3||$ 9,656||$ 1,847||35,468.42 AED||35,468.42 AED|
|Term 3/4||$ 36,649||$ 7,756||1,34,619.11 AED||28,489.34 AED|
|Term 4||$ 26,993||$ 5,818||99,150.69 AED||99,150.69 AED|
|Term 5||$ 30,421||$ 5,818||1,11,742.42||1,11,742.42 AED|
|Total||$ 121,056||$ 25,119||4,44,662.90 AED||92,267.11 AED|
|Clinical sciences||Tuition Fees in USD||Admin fees in USD||Malpractice Insurance in USD||Tuition fees in AED||Admin fees in AED||Malpractice Insurance in AED|
|Term 1||$29,353||$4,783||$357||107819 AED||17568.92 AED||1311.33 AED|
|Term 2||$29,353||$4,783||$357||107819 AED||17568.92 AED||1311.33 AED|
|Term 3||$29,353||$4,783||$357||107819 AED||17568.92 AED||1311.33 AED|
|Term 4||$29,353||$4,783||$357||107819 AED||17568.92 AED||1311.33 AED|
|Term 5||$29,353||$4,783||$357||107819 AED||17568.92 AED||1311.33 AED|
|Total||$146,765||$23,915||$1,785||539097.20 AED||87844.58 AED||6556.66 AED|
Cost of living
There are various kinds of costs involved but mainly the room and tuition fees are considered.
|Cost of living||Costs in USD||Costs in AED|
|Tuition fees per term||$ 26,993||99,150.69 AED|
|Single Occupancy, Three Room Deluxe Suite||$ 7,564.00||27,784 AED|
Scholarships for international students
The university believes in providing scholarships to students. These are some of the scholarships:
- The Chancellor’s Circle Legacy Of Excellence Scholarship (CCLOE)
Scholarship amount: the scholarship of $94,500 is awarded to the students.
- GPA of 3.7, a 3.5 science GPA is required in minimum overall undergraduate
- MCAT score of 506/29 is required.
- Legacy Of Excellence Scholarship (LOE)
Scholarship amount: the award of up to $70,000 is awarded to the students.
- Students with excellent performance in academics in their undergraduate studies.
- This will also be taken into consideration that students possess strong academic excellence in graduate studies and post-bac performances.