Medical University of Lodz: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
The Medical University of Lodz is one of the largest medical universities in Poland. Currently, over 11000 students are enrolled out of which 900 are foreign students from 69 countries who are attending medical and dental programs taught entirely in English.
The Medical University of Lodz is listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED) and World Directory of Medical Schools. The University in partnership with EIT Health is active in one of the largest healthcare initiatives worldwide.
The University is focused on educating students in Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, and other medicine-related disciplines. The newly opened Medical Simulation Center and Dental teaching center represent the highest level of innovation in Medical education.
Why study at the Medical University of Lodz?
- 70 years of tradition in the field of medical education.
- Students from 69 different countries attend the programs taught in English.
- The Medical University of Lodz is among the top universities to study medicine in Poland.
- Practical training in four different hospitals owned by the University.
- Medical Simulation Center and Dental Teaching Center help in providing an in-depth understanding of the concepts studied.
- High-quality education at an affordable cost.
Medical University of Lodz Rankings
According to US News, in 2022-23, MUL is ranked as:
- #1291 in Best Global Universities
- #478 in Best Global Universities in Europe
- #14 in Best Global Universities in Poland
- #470 for Clinical Medicine
Programs and Courses offered at the Medical University of Lodz
The following are courses offered by MUL.
|MD (Medicine)||6 years|
|DMD (Dentistry)||5 years|
|MD Advanced (Medicine)||6 years|
|BSc Nursing||3 years|
Campus and Accommodation
The University is located in Lodz. It is the third-largest city in Poland and is located in the central part of the country. MUL possesses state-of-the-art facilities including the Medical Simulation Center, Dental Teaching Center, and four teaching hospitals owned by the University.
The University provides housing on campus in three dormitories. Here the students feel comfortable with helpful English-speaking staff and fellow students who can help with the orientation process as well as with Polish. The majority of teaching departments are located in the dorm’s vicinity. Other university departments or clinics are available by public transport. Those who prefer to live outside the campus will be provided with a list of private dormitories/flat-renting agencies.
Admission Requirements for International Students
- Application: Online via Gyanberry Admission Services
- Application Fee: 120 EUR/ 125 USD (non-refundable)
- Application Deadline: 31st July
- Eligibility Criteria:
- A secondary school leaving certificate or a high school diploma that qualifies for admission to a university or a medical school in the home country.
- Extended level of knowledge in 2 of the following subjects: Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and Mathematics documented in the school leaving certificate or the high school diploma.
- Above-average grades are required.
- If the secondary education was not conducted in English, English competency certificates- CAE, CPE, TOEFL IBT (minimum 75 points), and IELTS (min 6.0 points) are required. The command of English of candidates who cannot present any of the above certificates would be assessed during the entrance exam.
- Documents Required:
- High School Diploma/school leaving certificate
- English language certificate
- Certificate from the Ministry of Education or the Polish Consulate in the country the high school was completed, stating that the candidate is eligible for admission to higher education institutions.
- Photocopy of the passport
- 2 recent passport-size photographs signed on the back.
- Entrance Exams: Entrance exams are conducted through MS Teams after the documents are verified and the application fee is paid. The Examination would contain general questions as well as program-specific questions.
Tuition, Fees, and Annual Cost of Attendance
|Course||Tuition fee per year (in EUR)||Tuition fee per year (in USD)|
|DMD Program-Taiwanese Curricular Pathway||15,400||16,060|
Cost of Living:
|Expense||Cost per Month (in EUR)||Cost per Month (in USD)|
|Internet and other Miscellaneous||351||360|
The annual cost of attendance for an international student at The Medical University of Lodz would be approximately 6,270 EUR or 6,430 USD.
*Note: Converted at the rate of 1 EUR=1.03 USD. The exchange rate is subject to periodic change. The tuition fee would be higher in the first year.
Scholarships for International Students
The Medical University of Lodz does not provide scholarships or financial aid for international students. Students can avail of Polish government-funded scholarships or any scholarships provided by the home country of the student.
Polish Government Scholarships:
This Scholarship is available to International Students from Developing Countries. The Scholarship does not cover the tuition fees but covers most of the living expenses for the selected Students. A monthly Stipend of 426 USD is provided. The application is online through the official website of the Government of Poland Scholarship. The deadline to apply for the scholarship is 6th June 2022. The Medical University of Lodz is one of the top medical universities in Poland. The state-of-the-art facilities such as the Medical Simulation Center and Dental Teaching Center are the main highlights of the University.
To get full details of the admission process, contact us.