Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC) : Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC) is a public institution located in Reno, Nevada, and is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education. Over 25,000 students each year study in their credit and non-credit programs in all the locations.
TMCC offers a variety of programs, including university transfer and more than 80 certificate and degree options for international students. The highest degree offered at TMCC is an associate degree. TMCC is dedicated to excellence in teaching and learning, embracing diversity and inclusion, and encouraging the right attitudes in students.
Why study at Truckee Meadows Community College?
- High-quality education at an affordable cost.
- One among the 14 Most Scenic Community Colleges and 35 Most Pristine Campuses in America.
- Established partnerships with several universities that guarantee admission for international students who transfer from their programs.
- The student-faculty ratio is 20:1.
- Boasts an active student life with student government and clubs.
Truckee Meadows Community College rankings
According to niche rankings TMCC ranks:
- #320 out of 1,634 colleges in the Best college locations in America.
- #325 out of 1,387 colleges in the Safest College Campuses in America.
- #587 out of 854 colleges in the Most Conservative colleges in America.
- #797 out of 1,612 colleges in the Colleges with the Best Student life in America.
Programs and courses at TMCC
TMCC offers a variety of programs, including university transfer and more than 80 certificate and degree options for international students.
The degree options they provide are:
- Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS), designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university for a bachelor’s degree.
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS) is a non-transfer degree designed for students who seek employment or certification in their chosen field.
Popular programs among international students include:
|Associate of Arts||Business, Communication Studies, English, Entrepreneurship, Psychology, Social Work|
|Associate of Applied Science/ Science||Community Health Sciences, Nursing, Business, Chemistry, Biology, Computer information technologies, Engineering|
Campus and accommodation
TMCC has 4 campuses:
- Dandini Campus: This campus is home to a variety of academic and occupational programs. Student Services and Administrative Divisions of the College, which includes Admissions and Records, Financial Aid, Testing Services, the Disability Resource Center are situated in this campus.
- William N. Pennington Health Science Center: This is a collaborative campus of Truckee Meadows Community College and the University of Nevada, Reno. This is the campus for courses like Nursing, Radiologic Technology, and Public Safety programs.
- Meadowood Center: A wide variety of credit courses are offered on this site.
- William N. Pennington Applied Technology Center: This is TMCC’s Division of Applied Technologies.
TMCC provides amenities such as a cafe, art galleries and fitness centers.
TMCC does not provide housing on campus to students. Most international students live in shared housing, rented private homes, or share an apartment. TMCC has a homestay program through International Student Homestay Placement (ISP). A local “host” family would provide additional support with cultural adjustment, language learning, and even help with airport pick-up. Students can also choose to begin with homestay for up to 2 months and then move to an independent housing. Some of the apartment complexes that are close to the university are Identity Reno, Wolf Run Village, The Republic.
Admission requirements for international students
- Application: Online (application for international students)/ Apply with Gyanberry
- Application fee: 20 USD
- Documents required:
- Photocopy of the passport
- Original financial documents: Financial documents showing a minimum of $23,000 (USD) for the 2021-22 academic year.
- Academic transcripts: The transcripts must be mailed directly from the issuing institution to TMCC’s Admissions and Records Office.
- Covid 19 vaccination status: All TMCC students attending in-person classes must be fully vaccinated and need to submit their vaccination status.
- English proficiency*: Students can demonstrate the medium of instruction for all years of high school were in English or submit one of the English proficiency test scores mentioned on their site.
*Students from India are not required to submit English proficiency test scores.
Tuition, fees, and cost of attendance
The tuition fees for international students for an academic year
|Tuition and Fees||11,000 USD|
|Books and Supplies||1,000 USD|
Annual Living Expenses:
|Room and Board ( Homestay)||9,700 USD|
|Health Insurance||1,300 USD|
The annual cost of attendance for an International student in Truckee Meadows Community College would be approximately 23,000 USD or 84,467 AED.
Scholarships for international students
- TMCC Foundation Scholarships: This scholarship is funded by private donors wishing to assist TMCC students with their academic goals. The scholarship is awarded on a yearly basis to eligible TMCC students. Scholarship awards are based on factors such as scholastic merit and financial need. The application starts on the 1st of January and ends on the 1st of March every year.
- International Club Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to one eligible international student every year. The student needs to apply by the 1st of February to be considered.
Truckee Meadows Community College is one of the most beautiful campuses in the US. They are committed to providing quality education at an affordable price.