University of Information Technology and Management (UITM): Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
Established in 1996, the University of Information Technology and Management is the largest and highest-ranked private university in south-eastern Poland. With over 1,500 international students enrolled under its aegis, UITM in Rzeszow has excelled in providing teaching, research, and entrepreneurial opportunities for all who wish to study in Poland. As of today, the university has obtained 47 authorizations to confer Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees.
Why study at UITM?
- Accredited Management, Applied Computer Science, Media, and Medicine programs are offered by both the Rzeszow and the Kielnarowa campuses of the university.
- Students are encouraged to pursue research by making use of the 50 advanced research laboratories present on campus.
- International students from various economic backgrounds are supported. The university has already spent 28 million USD on financial aid.
- The International Student Support Office (ISSO) ensures foreign students do not face any difficulties in adapting to university culture.
- A wide range of Student Clubs foster a spirit of community and let students take on leadership roles.
- UITM’s Joint Programme with Anshan Normal University in China is particularly useful for Chinese students and helps them obtain 2 diplomas in 5 years.
- 1500 active agreements with various companies like Deloitte, Pratt&Whitney, Borg Warner, and Lufthansa ensure that the university’s graduates have a high employability rate.
- The university also has a strong network of 60,000 successful alumni members.
- The Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education and the National Science Centre in Poland provide funding to UITM’s research projects in the fields of Medicine, Information Technology, Political Science, and Finance.
- An academic partnership with Hartwick College lets UITM graduates earn a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in just one year.
|Perspektywy 2018 Best University in Poland||#14|
|Perspektywy 2018 Best University in South-East Poland||#1|
Programs & Courses offered by UITM
At UITM, students can enroll in Foundation Year, Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Preparatory English Language courses.
Foundation Year and Preparatory English Language courses are designed to help international students master the English language and prepare for Bachelor’s or Master’s degree studies. The university has also recently started offering a 1-year long MBA program in Big Data and Digitalization.
The University of Information Technology and Management, Rzeszow, allows international students to enroll in any of the following 10 English-taught undergraduate programs:
- International Business Management
- Aviation Management
- Computer Science
- E-Business and Digital Marketing
- English Philosophy
- Game Design and Development
- Global Logistics Engineering
- International Transport and Spedition Engineering
Postgraduate degrees at UITM are awarded to students in 5 disciplines. These are
- Global Aviation Management
- International Business Management
- Data Science
- International Human Resources Management
In addition to this, students can also apply for an MBA in Big Data and Digitalization.
Campus and accommodation
The UITM campus in Rzeszow is well-equipped with lecture rooms alongside specialized IT and Language Laboratories. Students also get to access a professional TV and Radio Recording Studio and get a plush Reading Room all to themselves. The IQ Academic Club Centre serves the purpose of providing students with exhibition space.
The University allows each international student to have a ‘Buddy’ as part of the student support programs. Once these students arrive in Rzeszow, the buddies will take them to the dormitory and university building and assist them in navigating their way around the university.
Students will be expected to share a dormitory room. The monthly cost of this accommodation turns out to be around 112 USD. In case some students do not wish to live on campus, they can opt for private rental options.
Depending on your budget, you could rent a room in an apartment or house. Students can easily get accommodation in a fully-furnished apartment for 279 USD in Rzeszow.
Admission requirements for international students
The application process for admissions to the University of Information Technology and Management, Rzeszow, will begin from 4th April onwards. High school graduates can apply for undergraduate admissions to the university.
Students should ensure that they have a good academic record and are proficient in English. If they feel they are not ready to enroll in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program, they can apply to the Foundation Year or English Preparatory Learning courses.
To enroll in any 1 of the 10 undergraduate programs offered by UITM, international students can apply via Gyanberry for a seamless application process.
Once students create an account in the university’s online recruitment system, they will also need to provide copies of important documents. These include the student’s
- high school diploma
- an eligibility certificate for admission to any tertiary institution and
- an English certificate stating the student’s proficiency in the language.
In addition to this, students who apply for Nursing or Dietetics programs will also be required to provide a certificate of at least one dose of vaccination against hepatitis B. Alongside this, they must also have a health certificate.
The same procedure has to be followed for postgraduate admissions. After the application process has been completed, students can expect to receive an offer letter within a few days upon selection.
After successful payment of tuition and application fees in one installment, students will receive the acceptance letter from UITM with additional support documents for the visa process.
Tuition, fees, and the annual cost of attendance
For international students enrolled in various programs at UITM, the tuition fees is
|Type of Program||Subject||Annual Tuition Fees|
|Bachelor’s Degree||Management||4418 USD|
|Information Technology||4418-4970 USD|
|English Philosophy||4418 USD|
|Master’s Degree||Management||4970 USD|
|Information Technology||4970 USD|
|Foundation Courses||English Course for Bachelor’s||4970 USD|
|English Course for Master’s||4970 USD|
Cost of living
In addition to paying annual tuition fees, international students at the University of Information Technology and Management will have to incur the following expenses
|Accommodation||1326- 3314 USD|
Thus, the annual cost of attendance for international students enrolled in UITM comes out to be between 7,000-9,500 USD or 25,711-34,893 AED.
Scholarships for international students
Scholarships provided are open to all students applying to the university. They are specifically designed to support students in their endeavor to create a better life for themselves.
Students can apply for this scholarship after completing their 1st semester at UITM. The scholarship will be granted based on the candidate’s academic successes and additional achievements from the previous semester.
The top 10% of students can avail this scholarship for a maximum period of 5 months. However, it is important to note that the money from this scholarship can only be transferred to a Polish account number.
School of Leaders Program
Meritorious students who are awarded the highest point level in the Rector’s Scholarship can also be part of the School of Leaders Program. The programs allow them to hone in on their leadership skills while providing them with free access to exclusive workshops.
Later on, these students will also be presented with an internship offer at UITM units.
An assistance grant from UITM is a one-time payment for students who find themselves temporarily faced with difficult times. It may be provided once a semester or twice a year.
However, an assistance grant cannot be awarded twice for the same circumstances.
Scholarship for students with disabilities
This scholarship is awarded for one semester after successful submission of a completed application form together with a certificate confirming disability.
Scholarships of the Minister of Science and Higher Education
After the completion of the first year of their course, international students can apply for this scholarship. The scholarship is awarded after a thorough evaluation of the student’s academic performance alongside outstanding scientific, artistic, or sporting achievements.
This scholarship is awarded for 1 year.