University of Missouri- St. Louis (UMSL): Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
The University of Missouri- St. Louis is a public institution founded in 1963. It is one of the four branches of the University of Missouri system.
UMSL is a tier 1 national research university offering undergraduate, postgraduate, and certificate programs. Most of the programs are globally renowned and accredited by popular associations.
The University is well-known for its diverse student body and is a five times recipient of the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity award. USML has a total enrollment of 15,676 students as of fall 2020 including international students from all around the world.
Why study at the University of Missouri- St. Louis?
- Vibrant and diverse community with an impressive student body and committed faculty.
- Offers excellent learning experiences and leadership opportunities to students.
- 94% of UMSL’s most recent graduates are either employed or continuing their education
University of Missouri- St. Louis Rankings
US News ranked University of Missouri-St Louis:
- #239 in National Universities
- #100 in Top Performers on Social Mobility
- #118 in Top Public Schools
- #109 in Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs
- #120 in Nursing
Programs and courses offered at University of Missouri- St. Louis
UMSL offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and certificate programs.
The following are the popular bachelor’s programs offered by the University of Missouri- St. Louis.
|Area of Study||Specializations|
|Arts and Sciences||Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer science, Economics, Mathematics, Psychology|
|Business||Accounting, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Finance, International Business, Management, Marketing|
|Engineering||Pre Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering|
|Nursing||Nursing, Nursing Accelerated|
The following are the popular master’s programs offered by the University of Missouri- St. Louis.
|Area of Study||Specializations|
|Arts and Sciences||Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer science, Mathematics, Psychology|
|Business||Accounting, Information system technology, Cybersecurity, Supply Chain Analytics|
Campus and accommodation
UMSL’s campus is spread across 470 acres in suburban St. Louis County with a blend of modern and historic academic buildings. The campus houses the St Louis Mercantile Labor Library, the oldest library in the USA west of the Mississippi, dating to 1846.
UMSL offers on-campus accommodation for students. There are 3 living options for students.
- Oak Hall: This residence hall is exclusively for first-year undergraduate students and houses more than 400 students.
- Mansion Hill Apartments: These are apartments with 1-2 Bedrooms
- University Meadows Apartments: These are studio apartments with 4 bedrooms.
Admission requirements for international students
- Application: Online via Gyanberry Application Services
- Application Fee: 40 USD
- Application Deadlines:
|Fall semester||June 1||May 1|
|Spring semester||November 1||October 1|
- Documents Required:
- Official Transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
- Copy of passport
- Statement of finances
- Affidavit of support
- Copy of any current US visa
- Minimum English Proficiency Scores:
|Pearson Test of English||44||53|
|Duolingo English Test||85-90||105-110|
Tuition, fees, and the annual cost of attendance
|Particular||Yearly Cost (USD)||Yearly Cost (AED)|
|Tuition & Fees||29,474||108,243|
|On-Campus Room and Dining||10,606||38,950|
|Books & Supplies||1,000||3,672|
Scholarships for International students
All international applicants will automatically be considered for competitive scholarships, with awards ranging up to $14,000 per year for undergraduate applicants and $6,000 per year for graduate applicants. Preference is given to students admitted on or before February 15 for the fall semester and August 15 for the spring semester.