University of Warmia and Mazury: Medical Programs, Admission Requirements, Fees, and Scholarships
The University of Warmia and Mazury is a public university that was established in 1999, commencing with 12 faculties and 32 branches and later on expanding to 17 faculties and 52 branches.
The University’s medical faculty was established in 2007 and has received accreditation from prestigious organizations like:
- Polish Accreditation Committee
- World Health Organization
- World Directory of Medical School
- National Medical Commission (NMC) of India
The Medical School of the University of Warmia and Mazury offers two programs to prospective international students: A doctor of Medicine (MD), and a Foundation Year Pre-Med program. It is an emerging destination for international students to study medicine in Poland.
University of Warmia and Mazury is also known for its student-friendly environment as it was awarded the title of student-friendly by the Student Parliament of the Republic of Poland twice. The university is part of the European Union which entitles the students to apply for an Erasmus+ scholarship which lessens the burden of tuition. The university is also affiliated with AIESEC.
Why Study at the University of Warmia and Mazury?
- The university has high-quality education and recognition on the international front and offers affordable tuition.
- The university is a member of the European Union and as a result, applicants are eligible for merit-based scholarships provided by the government or organizations of the EU countries.
- All the buildings on the campus are equipped with world-class facilities, labs, and libraries.
- The university has a total of 12 dormitories within the campus which is an inexpensive alternative to renting an apartment in the city.
- With several Scientific societies and student organizations, it has a massive impact on both social and cultural development.
University of Warmia and Mazury Rankings
- #1526 as the Best Global Universities by US News in 2021-22
- #543 as the Best Global Universities in Europe by US News in 2021-22
- #26 as the Best Global Universities in Poland by US News in 2021-22
- #151-200 in Veterinary Sciences according to Shanghai Ranking in 2022
Programs at Warmia and Mazury University, School of Medicine
The university offers 17 faculties and 52 branches with the school of medicine being one of the most picked faculties; it offers courses in Doctor of Medicine and a PreMed Foundation program.
Foundation year Pre-Med Program
|Language of Instruction
The foundation course is for conditional admittance into the pre-medical foundation program for high-achieving students(IELTS 5.5 or higher).
Doctor of Medicine (MD)
|Language of instruction
The University of Warmia and Mazury offers a program of Medical Doctor (MD) for a 6-year duration. Students obtain support and general skills in prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation during their studies, which are required for writing prescriptions, additional training, and research. Students learn about the ethical beliefs of conduct toward patients and their rights, as well as the regulations of clinical doctor cooperation and medical research ethics.
After graduation, the student has the theoretical and practical knowledge and abilities that are necessary to practice medicine, as well as the option to specialize in various fields of medicine.
Campus and Accommodation
The University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn is situated in a charming portion of town – the Kortowo campus, which would be the university’s undoubtedly beautiful section. Kortowo is a 230-hectare park surrounded by woodland and four lakes, the largest of which, Kortowska Lake, provides ideal conditions for recreational activities.
The campus consists of things of basic necessity like a sports arena, shops, treatment center, dormitory, and student clubs.
The campus has places for students to leisure around and relaxes like recreation areas, parks, a swimming pool, auditoriums, etc.
Students in the English Division are accommodated in two dorms run by the Medical school. The dorms are close to the University Library and Conference Center and are located on campus. The dormitory rooms have facilities like a bed, a table, chairs, a desk, a wardrobe, shelves, bedding, and a fridge, as well as free high-speed internet access.
Tuition Fees and Cost of Attendance
|Tuition Fees per year
|49,000 PLN* or 10,660 USD
The total cost of tuition for a graduate program in Doctor of Medicine is around 3,40,665 PLN* or 74,112 USD.
Cost of Living per Month
|Rent and Utilities
|1910 PLN*/ 416 USD
|1040 PLN*/ 227 USD
|130 PLN*/ 28 USD
The total cost of living (annually) is around 36,960 PLN* or 8,052 USD.
*Note: Converted at the rate of 1 PLN=0.22 USD. The exchange rates are subject to periodic change.
Admission Process for International Students
|Medical Doctor (MD)
|Where to apply
|Universities online portal/ Gyanberry application services
|85 PLN*/ 19 USD
- Original or certified copy of a high school diploma (secondary school certificate) that must be translated into English or Polish by a sworn translator.
- A provision providing the right to apply for admission to a higher education organization in the country where the High School Diploma was awarded must be included in the diploma.
- Verification of the Foreign High School Degree is also required:
- English Proficiency standardized test scores are mandatory like IELTS – 6.5
- Medical Certificate and Health insurance.
Scholarship for International Students
Many scholarships are available, subject to the rules of bilateral agreements. They’re sponsored by the Polish government or the government of a foreign partner, and they’re usually developed to enhance interaction in a specific field of study.
- Scholarship for citizens from a developing country
The university has the presence of more than 188 scientific groups and organizations and with the addition of the student clubs and sports activities, the overall development of a student is not overlooked. The university is also affiliated with AIESEC which organizes different events in which almost every student on campus participates which leads to a social and diverse environment.