Wildau Foundation Year: Course Details, Admissions, Tuition fees, and Scholarships
The Technical University of Applied Science Wildau is amongst the largest universities for Applied Sciences in Brandenburg, Germany. Even though the college was established in 1990 its foundation dates back to the late 1940s. Its location makes it very accessible from Berlin. In the years of 1949-1955, the college saw its establishment for Engineering education.
In September of 1949, the Vocation School Of Locomotive Construction was started, which provided professional courses in Brandenbourg. It is said that the first class to begin here was just made up of 5 students! In 1955, it was renamed, the Engineering School for Heavy Machinery. In the federal state of Brandenburg founded the University Of Applied Sciences, in the year 1991.
What is the Wildau Foundation Year?
This course is made to prepare the international students for their future studies, which is offered at the TH Wildau University. The main subjects focused on in this course are English and subjects specific to the course selected by the student. It is to help students have a more credible high school secondary certificate and get accepted at German Universities.
This course has a duration of 1 year to 1.5 years depending upon the course selection. The 1-year course is available to students who are certified in the German Language within Level 2 in the CEFR test, if not competent, such students get to apply for the 1.5 years course.
The academic specializations offered by the course are as follows:
- Basics of Physics or Economics
- Lab Rotation Projects
The language specialization offered are as follows:
- Specialized German for Technics and Economics
- Academic and Technical English
The General Academic Skills this course focuses on are as follows:
- European Study Subjects
- Academic Writing
- Presentation skills required for future courses
- Cross-cultural skills
Why choose the Wildau Foundation Year?
Here are some key features of why you should apply to the course:
- This program is inclusive to people of all countries
- Assistance is provided to students in terms of academic and administrative processes.
- The students get access to amazing courses after the completion of WEY
- The University Of Applied Sciences Wildau provides the students of WEY with the latest and modern technology and the facilities are modern and dynamic.
- The students received comfortable accommodation
- The students are granted pocket-friendly and satisfactory meals at the University Cafeteria.
- Apart from studies, the students get to engage in various sports and recreational activities
- The campus location is located just to the south of Berlin making it very accessible.
- Excellent Transport Facility.
Application Process for Wildau Foundation Year
The application process is as follows:
- The student is expected to submit the application for evaluation
- The next step involves getting a WFY preliminary admission letter from the university.
- The student is then expected to transfer the tuition fee
- After step 3, they shall receive a final admission letter
- Then the student should apply for a German visa
Requirements for WFY
The requirements for international students are as follows:
- Photocopy of student’s passport with at least 2 years of validity
- German Language Certification with Level B1 for March intake and Level B2 for September intake according to specifications of CEFR
- High school completion certificate from a recognized board
- Completed WFY form
To ensure an error-free application process and enhance your chances of admission, apply via Gyanberry.
Fee Structure for Wildau Foundation Year
|Sr. No.||Course Duration||Tuition Fee full course)|
|1.||WFY- 1 YEAR||11784 USD/ 43283 AED|
|2.||WFY- 1.5 YEAR||17693 USD/ 64986 AED|
This cost is inclusive of the following:
- Accommodation on Campus
- Health Insurance for the Student
- Public Transport for cities of Berlin and Brandenburg
- A student card for accessing all sports facilities and libraries on the campus
- Monthly pocket money for meals
- A cover for tuition and administrative fees
- Processing fee for documentation
- Registration fee
- Airport pick-up service
- Assistant for the student’s German Visa
- Sport and cultural activities at the campus
- Support for immigration and registration with local authorities
(The student is not needed to register for an additional blocked bank account as all transactions will be administered by the University)
Service Package offered by the Wildau Foundation Year
Here is a list of services offered by the University:
- Aid for visa application
- Aid for immigration
- Pick up facility at the Airport
- Aid for health insurance application
- Organizing students’ Academic calendar
- Aid to student’s educational performance
The University assures that the student receives all the help he or she may require along with the best learning environment and facilities for overall growth and achievement of set goals.