About Charles University
Charles University was established in 1348. It is one of the oldest well-renowned universities on the planet. It is likewise eminent as a dynamic, cosmopolitan, and prestigious foundation of higher education. It is the biggest and most eminent Czech university. As indicated by global rankings., is likewise a well-ranked Czech university.
Charles University has almost 50 000 students – approximately a 6th of all students in the Czech Republic – tried out more than 300 recognized degree programs that offer more than 630 unique courses. More than 20,000 students are concentrating in Bachelor’s certification programs, just about 25,000 in Master’s projects, and 8,000 Ph.D. programs. The University has more than 7,000 accredited countries.
About Charles University-Second Faculty of Medicine?
The Second Faculty of Medicine has acquired the historical backbone of Charles University in Prague, which was set up in 1348, and proceeds with the almost fifty-year-old custom of the former Faculty of Pediatrics of this University. It offers both undergraduate and postgraduate schooling to students, doctors, and other expert staff working in all fields of medication. The Second Faculty of Medicine focus on research in the fields of human genetics and genomics, childhood oncology and hematology, onco gynaecology, neuroscience, and pediatrics. Second Faculty of medication Charles University in Prague offers a 6-years M.D. program in English. Special consideration is paid to showcasing fundamental clinical and relational abilities regarding normal clinical practice. During this period; students should demonstrate their capacity in independent scientific research.
Why choose Charles University-Second Faculty of Medicine?
- Research & teaching excellence: The Second Faculty has some internationally renowned scientists as well as research leaders in many medical fields. Students pursuing medical courses from here can get benefit from learning under such renowned scientists. The university focuses particularly on clinical research and has an excellent teaching faculty to guide the students.
- Experience of the largest university hospital in the country: By the end of the course, students get the opportunity to spend most of their practical training at Motol University Hospital, the clinical base of the Second Faculty of Medicine. It is one of the well-renowned, largest, and most developed hospitals in Central Europe.
- Well-Equipped laboratories: Students studying at Second medical faculty get the benefit of well-equipped and technically advanced laboratory facilities. Along with that, the learning environment is very safe, positive, and supportive.
- Degree Recognition:The degrees awarded by Charles University-Second Faculty of Medicine are fully recognized in all EU countries and the USA on a federal level.
- Charles University-Second Faculty of Medicine offers many facilities to the students:
- Internships at hospitals and medical institutions
- Excellent sports and fitness facilities
- Affordable student halls
- Excellent transport connections
- The Second Faculty of Medicine gives secondary school graduates a six-year full-time course of general medication.
- The educational plan includes hypothetical and pre-clinical subjects, followed by clinical subjects, and is indistinguishable for both global and Czech understudies.
- The initial three years of study comprise a scope of various hypothetical and pre-clinical subjects that will furnish you with the essential abilities and logical information.
- In the first year, students additionally begin seeing patients and in the second year, they get practical training in nursing care.
- Toward the end of the third year, students need to pass an exam in the Czech language; to check if they can communicate well with patients and nursing staff while studying clinical subjects.
- The fourth, fifth, and 6th years comprise clinical disciplines with block-schedule teaching. Training happens at Motol University Hospital, and in other health institutions in Prague and different urban communities; it incorporates inner medication, medical procedure, gynecology and obstetrics, and pediatrics
Language of instruction for international students
International students traveling from all over the world to study at the Second Faculty of Medicine can learn the medical courses as they are taught in English. However; they do have to study Czech so that they can communicate with Czech patients and medical staff during their practical courses in the hospital departments.
How to apply for international students?
- Interested candidates willing to study at the Second Faculty of Medicine will have to apply for an entrance exam in Prague.
- The entrance examination consists of two parts: A written multiple-choice test and an interview.
- The positioning during the entrance tests is the solitary definitive factor for admission to medical studies. The final results are announced at the end of the entrance exam day.
The educational expense is something similar for EU and non-EU understudies. Yearly educational expenses for the medical program at Charles University, Second faculty of Medicine
- 1st year: $12,565.56
- 2nd – 6th year-$13,961.13
Deadlines/important dates for second faculty of medicine
Ques: Can the tuition fees be reduced for students?
Ans: From the second to sixth year; tuition fees can be reduced taking into account the excellence of students.
Ques: Is it necessary to learn Czech?
Ans: English is the medium of communication for international students and thus they can take classes in English. But, they need to study basic Czech to communicate with staff, patients, and other medical staff.
Ques: How long is the general medical course?
Ans: The course in General Medicine provided at the 2nd Faculty of Medicine is exclusively a full-time course, taking six years.
Ques: Is there any practical knowledge granted over the period of 6 years?
Ans: Yes, students receive practical training in nursing care (second year) and internal medicine, surgery, gynecology and obstetrics, and pediatrics (fourth to sixth years).