Medical Studies (MBBS/MD) from the Czech Republic: Job Prospects, Salaries, Post Graduation & Research
Medical professionals hold a prestigious position in world society. There is a dire need for qualified health professionals in Europe, especially in the Czech Republic.
A medical career is one of the most respectable and highly paid jobs in the Czech Republic. A General Medicine qualifying course in the Czech Republic takes six years to complete.
After completing medical studies from the Czech Republic, students primarily have three future prospects:
- Become a medical practitioner
- Pursue Post Graduation or Doctoral Research (Ph.D.)
- Become a teacher of Medicine at a higher study institute
Graduates from medical universities in the Czech Republic receive the title of Medicinae Universae Doctor (MUDr.) and can work in any specializations in the field of medicine. They are also eligible to practice their medical career in any part of the world.
Doctors in the Czech Republic earn around 30,223- 138,729 USD per year.
Practice medicine in Czech Republic
- If you wish to work in the Czech Republic after your studies, you will need to apply for an employee card.
- Graduates from the Czech Republic Medical faculty in a language other than Czech and wish to practice medicine in the Czech Republic must mandatorily register with the Czech Medical Chamber.
- The Czech Medical Chamber issues to physicians (registered members of the Czech Medical Chamber) who practice or have practiced in the past medical care in the Czech Republic and plan to work abroad a Certificate of Good Standing (CGS).
- Czech Hospital Placements Program offers short-term hospital work experience to start your medical practice in the Czech Republic.
Doctors/ Physicians in the Czech Republic earn around 30,223- 138,729 USD per year. However, it depends on the city chosen to practice.
Practice medicine in UAE
You need a license to practice medicine in the UAE. The following are the licensing authorities and the specific territories you can practice.
|DHA (Dubai Health Authority)||Four Government Hospitals|
|MOH (Ministry of Health)||Northern emirates (excluding Dubai and Abu Dhabi)|
|DHCC (Dubai Healthcare City)||Dubai|
|HAAD (Health Authority Abu Dhabi)||Abu Dhabi|
Resident doctors, Consultants, Nurse practitioners, Registered midwives, Interns, Specialists, Dentists, and General practitioners are eligible to apply for licensing.
It takes 2-4 weeks to review the initial application. After the exam is given and cleared, the labor and insurance card has to be uploaded in under 5 working days.
- Basic medicine degree (MBBS) from a recognized university or college.
- All the certificates should be recognized by the WHO listing.
According to the Payscale statistics, the average yearly salary for a Doctor in UAE is 108,813 USD or 399,619 AED.
Practice Medicine in India
It is required to have a license issued by the National Medical Commission (NMC) for a candidate who wants to practice medicine in India after the completion of medical studies in the Czech Republic.
The candidate has to appear for the National Medical Commission (NMC) screening test or the Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE) to get a license.
This exam is conducted twice a year in June and December.
- Basic medicine degree (MBBS) from the university approved by MCI.
- Documents in support of the candidate having passed the final examination.
- Admit Card issued by the National Board of Examinations (NBE).
- Candidate’s photograph (min 35x45mm), comprising the name of the candidate and the date of capturing at the bottom of the photograph.
- Any of the authorized photo Identity: PAN Card/Driving License/Voter ID/Passport/Aadhar Card.
According to the Payscale statistics, the average yearly salary for a General Physician in India is 9,259 USD or 34,003 AED.
Postgraduation in the Czech Republic
Graduates of medicine (MBBS) can opt for the Ph.D. programs offered by the medical colleges in the Czech Republic. Charles University’s Faculty of Medicine offers 22 doctoral study programs. You can also choose a full-time or distance form of study. Here, you get the opportunity to be part of the research team.
Universities that offer post-doctoral programs (4 years) in medicine in the English language are:
- Charles University- Third Faculty of Medicine
- Charles University- Faculty of Medicine in Plzeň
Specialization training program in the Czech Republic
After completing a Master’s degree, students can continue in a specialization training program from Charles University to attain qualifications in one of the fields of specialization. The students are trained along with full-time employment in an accredited medical facility. It involves interaction with patients and therefore sufficient knowledge of the Czech language is required. The entire program is conducted in the Czech language only.