Mercy College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
Mercy College (also known as Mercy NY) is a private institution with campuses in Dobbs Ferry, New York, and Manhattan, the Bronx, and Yorktown Heights. The university has a long history of Catholic affiliation. It offers various undergraduate, graduate, and certificate programs through its five schools in the areas of Business, Health & Natural Sciences, Education, Social & Behavioral Sciences, etc.
Mercy College is a member of the East Coast Conference and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) (ECC). Mercy College’s sporting teams play in NCAA Division II and are known as the Mercy Mavericks collectively.
Why study at Mercy College?
- Mercy College has a 16:1 student-to-faculty ratio, with 55.6 percent of classes having fewer than 20 pupils.
- The average freshman retention rate is 75%, which is a good sign of student satisfaction.
- The average need-based scholarship or grant award at Mercy College is $10,397, and 86 percent of full-time undergraduates get some form of need-based financial help.
- Mercy College provides a variety of student services, such as nonremedial tutoring and health care. Not only that, but they also offer excellent security.
Mercy College Rankings by the US news
Recent rankings of Mercy college are mentioned below.
- #131-#171In Regional Universities North
- #26 in Top Performers on Social Mobility
- #332 in Nursing
- #168-220 in Best Nursing Schools: Master’s
- #93 in Occupational Therapy
Programs and Courses
Mercy college has a lot of undergraduate courses and graduate programs for you to choose from. Examine their degrees and continuing education programs they offer. At the undergraduate and graduate levels, they offer more than 100 degrees and certificates in dozens of important fields.
The five schools delivering academic programs at Mercy college are:
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Health & Natural Sciences
- School of Liberal Arts
- School of Social & Behavioral Sciences
Health Professions and Related Programs; Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Social Sciences; Psychology; and Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting, and Related Protective Services are among Mercy College’s most popular majors.
Campus and accommodation
The college has campuses in three separate locations, as do the various student housing services that they offer to their students.
Dobbs Ferry Campus Living
Students at our Dobbs Ferry Residence Halls enjoy beautiful Hudson River views, a welcoming environment, and easy access to classes, the library, and athletic facilities.
|Hudson hall||All rooms||5,200 USD/semester|
Campus in the Bronx
Mercy College’s Hutchinson Metro Center campus provides high-quality education in the Bronx, but it does not provide housing facilities.
Campus in Manhattan
MercyManhattan, located in Herald Square, provides a truly unique college experience. They give dedicated students a low-cost, high-quality education. However, they do provide housing services for their students.
|Dorm 34||All rooms||5,900 USD per semester|
Admission requirements for international students
The admission process is fairly simple and so are its requirements. Steps for the admission process of international students are
- Complete the application for admission online, or apply via Gyanberry. To process your application, you must pay a non-refundable application fee of US $60.00.
- Along with the application you have to submit the documents mentioned there.
- After the acceptance, the International Student Services Office will contact you within one week of your acceptance to begin the Mercy College I-20 application process.
Requirements for new freshmen international students are
- Course-by-Course Evaluation of foreign high school transcripts for freshmen.
- English language proficiency tests like TOEFL (iBT 71 minimum), IELTS (6.0 minimum), and Duolingo (100 minimum).
- For undergraduate applicants Please note that the Music Production and Recording, Nursing, Pre-Occupational Therapy Assistant and Veterinary Technology programs require supplemental documents.
- They do not require ACT or SAT scores but if you have their scores you can submit them.
Requirements for new graduate international students are
- Course-by-Course Evaluation of foreign college transcripts for graduate students.
- English language proficiency tests like TOEFL (iBT 80 minimum), IELTS (6.5 minimum), and Duolingo (105 minimum).
- For multiple master’s degree programs you normally have to send your resumes and other documents which are specific to the courses, you want to pursue.
Tuition, Fees, and Cost of Attendance
Mercy College boasts one of the lowest private tuition costs in New York, allowing you to acquire a private education without going into debt. Mercy’s international students pay the same tuition as their American counterparts.
|Undergraduate tuition fees||Graduate tuition fees|
|Full time (12 credits or more)||9,960.00 USD per term||_|
|Part-time (less than 12 credits)||837.00 USD per credit||Depends on the course you pick but is an average of
966.20 USD per credit
Scholarships for International Students
All international undergraduate students at Mercy College are eligible to receive automatic merit scholarships upon admission. The award amount ranges between USD 1500-5000 per year and can be renewed annually provided that the required academic standing is maintained.
Merit scholarships available to undegrdaute international students at Mercy College are:
|Name||Required GPA||Award Amount|
|Presidential International Scholarship||3.5-4.0||USD 3000 per year|
|Mercy International Scholarship||3.0-3.49||USD 1500 per year|
No separate application is required to avail these scholarships, and students are automatically considered for the awards upon completion of application procedure.
Scholarships are not available for graduate international students but they can apply for assistantships.