Middlesex University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
Middlesex University (MDX) is a public research university in Hendon, northwest London, England. The university was reorganized after merging with several institutes. It is one of the universities that was established after 1992.
They have 19,000 students, including 14,880 undergraduates and 5,290 graduates, and 37,000 students worldwide.
The University has student exchange agreements with more than 100 universities in 22 countries throughout Europe, the United States, and the world at large. At Middlesex’s Hendon campus alone, more than 140 nationalities are represented.
It has offices in Malta, Dubai, and Mauritius, in addition to several other regional offices around the world. The faculties of science and technology, professional and social sciences, arts and creative industries are all qualified to teach courses.
Why study at Middlesex University London?
- According to QS, Middlesex University’s London campus is 30 minutes from central London, which is commonly regarded as the best city in the world for students.
- Their faculty teaches using examples of innovative practices and new research that can assist you in making an impact on your future.
- The faculty assists students in developing subject-specific expertise and a professional vision that is both flexible and adaptable.
- They value both their staff and their students equally.
- They believe that students are defined by their community’s talent, skills, insights, and experiences.
- They make efforts to make the university diverse and inclusive at all levels.
- They make certain that the university’s executives pay attention, learn, and act appropriately. They maintain a framework of reverse monitoring.
- They kept their NQA-certified eco-campus platinum status in 2018/19.
- They organize international fairs and events for students to learn more about the various options available to them and to connect with other students all over the world.
- During studies, the university assists students in obtaining excellent work placements and internships.
Accreditations and Rankings of Middlesex University London
- Middlesex University has also received a Bronze Award from the Athena Swan Charter, indicating that the university has a strong foundation for eliminating gender bias and developing an inclusive culture that values all staff members.
- In the Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings 2021, Middlesex University got notable high SDG (Sustainable Development Goals) scores, placing 12th out of 776 institutions evaluating universities about the United Nations SDGs.
- The British Computer Society (BCS) has granted Middlesex University accreditation in computer communications and networking.
Programs and Courses offered at Middlesex University London
|Streams to choose from||No. of courses|
|Art and design||8|
|Computer science, engineering, and maths||5|
|Creative writing and media||2|
|Cinematics and games||2|
|Healthcare and social work||6|
|Professional practice and work-based learning||2|
|Sport and exercise||1|
Popular Courses with their Tuition Fees
|Courses||Annual fee for UG||Annual fee for PG|
|Engineering||15,890 – 21,185 USD
58,365 – 77,800 AED
|18,535 – 26,480 USD
68,080 – 97,261 AED
|Arts||13,240 – 19,865 USD
48,630 – 72,965 AED
|13,240 – 19,860 USD
48,630 – 72,945 AED
|Medicine||39,725 – 52,970 USD
1,45,910 – 1,94,560 AED
|33,099 – 46,340 USD
1,21,570 – 1,70,205 AED
|Nursing||19,865 – 23,835 USD
72,965 – 87,545 AED
|Dentistry||39,725 – 46,350 USD
1,45,910 – 1,70,240 AED
|26,480 – 39,725 USD
97,260 – 1,45,910 AED
|Law||19,865 – 23,835 USD
72,965 – 87,545 AED
|17,210 – 46,340 USD
63,215 – 1,70,205 AED
|Diploma||13,240 -19,865 USD
48,630 – 72,965 AED
|MBA||NA||13,240 – 52,970 USD
48,630 – 1,94,560 AED
|Management||NA||11,915 – 46,340 USD
43,765 – 1,70,205 AED
|Doctoral Degree||NA||18,535 – 23,830 USD
68,080 – 87,530 AED
Admission process for International students at Middlesex University
The first step at the Middlesex University’s application process is for students to complete the admission form online via the university portal/ Gyanberry application services.
The majority of Middlesex University’s programs have a January 15 deadline for the applications.
Application procedure at Middlesex University London
- Each course has its own set of academic entry requirements that you must meet to be considered for admissions.
- The University acknowledges that it’s hard to have UK qualifications as an international student, thus they accept qualifications from all across the world.
- In addition to the application form, you will be requested to attend an interview, exam, or audition, or submit a portfolio, depending on the course.
- You can submit your application and watch its progress after creating an Applicant Portal account. You can also submit additional applications after uploading supporting documents, a portfolio, or a showreel.
- Middlesex University is an official partner of Gyanberry. For a smooth application submission and ease of admission, apply via Gyanberry.
- The University maintains a global network of regional offices and trusted representatives that can assist you with your undergraduate and postgraduate applications. They will provide you with information about the courses, general counseling, and assist you with the application process.
- For an undergraduate program IELTS score should be 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in all components)
- For a postgraduate program IELTS score should be 6.5 (with a minimum of 6.0 in all components)
- For Pearson test of English UG’s should obtain 51 marks(with 51 in all components)
- For Pearson test of English PG,s should obtain 51 marks(with15 in all components)
- For TOEFL undergraduate, the student should obtain 72 marks with at least (17 in listing,66 in writing,20 in speaking and 18 in reading)
- For TOEFL postgraduate the student should obtain 87 marks(with at least 21 in listening&writing,22 in speaking and 18 in reading)
Document required for International Students
- You must submit copies of all academic documents, such as transcripts and certificates.
- Documents should be either photocopy of the originals on letterhead paper or should have the awarding body’s stamp on them.
- You must also provide references (on letterhead) and a copy of your CV, if applicable to your application.
- Along with your application, you must submit a personal statement that details your previous experience, demonstrates why you are a suitable candidate, and explains your career advancement plans.
- You must also create a research proposal for a research degree, which will be an important element for your application. You must detail your research objectives and highlight the study field that interests you in your thesis.
Tuition, fees and annual Cost of Attendance
|Course||Annual average fee|
|UG course||13,545 USD / 49,750 AED|
|PG course||11,290 – 14,675 USD / 41,470 – 53,900 AED|
|Housing||7,955 USD / 29,200 AED|
|Transportation||2,400 – 3,180 USD / 8,815 – 11,680 AED|
|Hostal and meals||10,400 USD / 38,200 AED|
|Personal expenses||1,560 USD / 5,730 AED|
|Total||23,095 USD / 84,810 AED|
Average cost of attendance for an international student is 23,095 USD / 84,810 AED
Scholarship for International Students
Middlesex University London offer scholarships for international undergraduate students who are not EU citizens. Students may be eligible for a course fee grant of 1,130 – 2,255 USD / 4,150 – 8,280 AED on their first year of studies.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- International students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must have completed high school and have a high school diploma.
- If English is not your first language, you must verify that you have sufficient English language skills to succeed in your studies.
*These scholarships don’t require a special application; international students should apply for their preferred course through the usual application process. At the time of acceptance into your desired course of study, eligible candidates will be notified, and the grant amount will be withdrawn from their tuition costs.