INTI International University & Colleges: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
With 4 campuses across Malaysia, the INTI Colleges were first established in 1986. Gradually, with the expansion of the university’s international partnerships, more than 70,000 students graduated from its various accredited institutes. This renowned private university has its flagship campus in Nilai and helps students achieve academic excellence while mastering skills required in practice.
The INTI International Universities & Colleges provide programs in over 10 areas of study. Engineering, Health Sciences, Business, Computing & IT, Fashion Design, and Mass Communication are some of the popular programs offered by the university. In addition to bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs, the university offers diplomas, certificates, pre-university programs, and courses for working professionals. Their student population encompasses several countries around the world, standing as testimony to their commitment to global diversity.
Why study at the INTI International University & Colleges?
- The university has collaborative partnerships with industry leaders like LinkedIn, Google My Business, Microsoft, and IBM.
- INTI International University and Colleges have a 5-star QS rating, achieving top marks in the categories of Online Learning, Employability, Facilities, and Inclusiveness.
- A wide range of scholarships and other avenues of financial aid such as the PTPTN loan, study loans, and more are made accessible to deserving students.
- Practical workshops conducted by local and international guest lecturers give INTI students hands-on experience and enable them to stand out from the crowd.
- Global study tours and semester abroad programs allow students to experience an academic semester in a university of their choice and gain international exposure.
- 91% of INTI graduates are paid higher than the market minimum average wage, immediately upon the completion of their course.
- A plethora of cultural, social, religious, and adventure clubs on campus foster a sense of community and promote holistic development.
- A data-analytics-backed teaching management system acts as a platform for lecturers to address and support students’ weaknesses individually.
- Unique peer learning and mentoring programs are available alongside professional counseling services for students who might be struggling with academic or personal issues.
|QS Asian University Rankings 2022||Top 400|
Programs & Courses offered by INTI International University & Colleges
For international students looking to study in Malaysia, the INTI International University & Colleges offer an industry-relevant curriculum that boosts employability.
A variety of Foundation, Certificate, Diploma, Degree, Master’s, and Ph.D. courses are designed to cater to the needs of the multi-ethnic mixed pot of students enrolled in the university.
A Bachelor’s degree in Malaysia is generally 3-4 years long while a Master’s degree can be completed in 2 years.
Interested students can apply to 63 undergraduate programs at INTI International University & Colleges. Most of these courses are offered in partnership with leading global universities in first-world countries like England and USA.
Popular disciplines of study include
- Interior Design
- Mass Communication
16 Master’s programs are offered by this coveted university. International students generally opt to pursue PG degrees in Information Technology, Business Administration, and Education Management.
Campus and accommodation
INTI International University & Colleges provides its students with world-class facilities across its Nilai, Subang, Penang, and Sabah campuses. This private higher education university spans central, northern and East Malaysia with all the amenities students need to immerse in a cross-cultural learning experience.
The crown jewel campus of INTI is located in Nilai and is set within 82 acres of landscaped ground. Most international students enroll here and stay in the lush residential apartments provided by the university. Equipped with 33 engineering workshops and 6 state-of-the-art science laboratories, the Nilai campus shows INTI’s commitment to promoting research.
In addition to this, students also get access to Olympic-sized swimming pools and a variety of. sports and recreational facilities. All INTI campuses have fitness centers, meditation halls, prayer rooms, and dance and music theatres. A mini-market, cafeteria, and bakery are also present.
After joining the university, international students are directed to either 1 of the 16 Halls of Residence. Here, they can opt for rooms with single occupancy or twin sharing sizes depending on their personal preference and comfort. Beethoven Halls Of Residence and Shakespeare En-Suite offer the most luxurious rooms capable of accommodating 130 students.
There are common bathrooms on each floor of the halls. Water dispensers have been installed in every pantry of each floor. All the rooms in the residence halls are furnished with study tables, chairs, beds, soft boards, and a wardrobe. Students also get access to common washing machines and dryers.
Admission requirements for international students
Malaysia is an excellent study destination for international students and INTI International University & Colleges aims to make the admissions process as simple as possible for interested candidates.
Students need to complete filling up their application form and submit the required documents at least 2 months before the commencement date of the curriculum. To ensure a seamless application process, such students should apply via Gyanberry.
Once the application has been successfully accepted by the university, an official Offer Letter will be issued.
International students applying for UG and PG courses will be required to carry
- Their passport with a validity period of at least 12 months
- High school certificates and transcripts
- Original copy of Visa Approval Letter and a Single Entry Visa
Since all the programs are taught in English, students will be required to sit for a mandatory English Placement Test (unless exempted), to determine their course level. After the release of the English Placement Test results, these students may enroll in a course of their choice with assistance from the International Office staff at INTI.
Tuition, fees, and total cost of attendance
The fee structure for international students is as follows
|Program Type||Program Name||Total Tuition Fees|
|Pre-University and Foundation||Foundation in Business Information Technology||4,392 USD|
|Foundation in Arts Foundation in Science|
|Foundation in Science|
|Diploma||Diploma in Business||8,270 USD|
|Diploma in Accounting|
|Diploma in Mass Communication||8,298 USD|
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering||9,387 USD|
|Diploma in Civil Engineering|
|Diploma in Quantity Surveying|
|Diploma in Information Technology||8,530 USD|
|Bachelor’s Degree||Bachelor of Business (Hons)||15,908 USD|
|Bachelor of Accountancy (Hons)||18,698 USD|
|Bachelor of Accounting & Finance (Hons)||16,778 USD|
|Bachelor of Banking and Finance (Hons)||16,108 USD|
|Bachelor of Business (Hons) Marketing / International Business /
Human Resource Management / Business Administration, Learning
|Bachelor of Mass Communication (Hons)||14,937 USD|
|Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering with Honours||18,116 USD|
|Bachelor of Civil Engineering with Honours||18,077 USD|
|Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons)||16,293 USD|
|Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons)||14,933 USD|
|Bachelor of Biotechnology (Hons)||17,233 USD|
|BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy||21,335 USD|
|Master of Business Administration (Dual Award)||7,594 USD|
|Master in Information Technology||7,342 USD|
|Master in Information Systems|
|Master in Education Management||6,444 USD|
|Ph.D. Program||Doctor of Philosophy
Specialisation: Applied Physics, Management,
Information Systems, Innovation and Technology
|English Program||Intensive English Program (per level)||909 USD|
* Note: Tuition Fees are converted at 1 RM = 0.23 USD
Cost of living
|Registration Fee||555 USD|
|Miscellaneous Fees||1,385 USD|
|Room Deposit||347 USD|
|Accommodation Charges (depending on room and type of course)||1,200- 4,000 USD|
Thus, the annual cost of living at INTI International University & Colleges for international students ranges between 3,000- 5,700 USD or 11,018-20,935 AED. This does not include the tuition fee amount charged by the university.
**Note: 1 USD = 3.67 AED
Scholarships for international students
The International Education Scholarship
Open to all new international students, the International Education Scholarship is awarded based on a first-come, first-served basis. It is only applicable to tuition fees with a maximum entitlement of up to 45%.
The scholarship amount is disbursed based on the length of the semester and is exclusive of all other charges.
Career Scope and Job Prospects for INTI International University & Colleges Graduates
INTI strive to build lasting professional relationships between employers, lecturers, and university graduates via the help of collaborative seminars and workshops.
Interested candidates should note that 99% of INTI graduates are employed within 6 months of graduation, which is quite impressive. Initiatives taken by the university include
- The Career Preparation Workshop (CPW) which equips pre-final semester, final semester, and pre-internship students with the skills required for resume writing, business etiquette, and professional grooming.
- The INTI Leadership Series features business leaders, entrepreneurs, or INTI alumni giving students valuable insights into trending topics like entrepreneurship, leadership, and innovation.
- A well-integrated On-Campus Recruitment (OCR) platform that allows students to meet employers and attend interviews to secure job offers even before completion of studies. 60% of INTI students bag jobs before graduating.
- Hosting Career Fairs where students meet companies interested in recruiting students for job and internship opportunities being offered.
- Upon the completion of their course, international students are provided with an Employment Pass that is valid for up to 5 years, depending on the type of employment.