Near East University : Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
Near East University (NEU) was founded in 1988 with a view to impart quality education to students from all corners of the world. It is a private university. The campus is situated in the capital of North Cyprus, Nicosia. The University welcomes 26 thousand students from over 100 nations.
Near East University is an international higher education university with experienced staff, delivering their best services in the field of education. The primary study areas are Nursing and dentistry.
The university campus entails over 20 faculties, 220 departments, and programs, 8 graduate schools with 218 graduate and postgraduate programs, 3 high schools, 28 research institutes.
The university is also awarded several international memberships. Some of the institutions which provided full-time memberships are the European University Association (EUA), International Association of Universities (IAU) within the body of UNESCO, International Society for Engineering Education (IGIP), Joint Commission International (JCI), the Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World (FUIW). Other than these, The institution is awarded 118 different national and international memberships.
Since its establishment, the University has opened doors to new opportunities for youth in Cyprus.
- #1 in National Ranking 2020-21 – by Center for World University Rankings (CWUR)
- #30 in “World University Impact Ranking” prepared by Times Higher Education (THE)
Why study at the Near East University?
There are several factors that make this university stand out.
- It is recognized by national and international accreditation bodies.
- The Faculty of Medicine of the Near East University is the only Faculty of Medicine of North Cyprus.
- The first and only faculty of dentistry of North Cyprus is available in this university.
- The Grand Library is the largest library in the Eastern Mediterranean area. The library gives access to over a million printed books along with 115 million ebooks.
- State of the art on-campus facilities such as sports fields, shops, 24-hour security service is also available.
- University offers education to foreign nationals belonging to more than 100 different countries.
- Student to faculty ratio is 13:1. This will entail faculty to help and put more attention on students.
Programs & Courses
There are several programs and Courses available. Students can choose from a diverse range of graduate courses, vocational courses, and Ph.D. courses.
|Arts & Sciences||Health Sciences||Medicine|
|Communication||Physical Education & Sports||Performing Arts|
Tuition for various departments undergraduate programs are tabulated below:
|Veterinary Medicine||5,463 USD|
|All other departments (50% tuition off)||3,638 USD|
Campus and Accommodation
The Near East University campus is located in the capital of North Cyprus, Nicosia. The students are provided with top-notch on-campus facilities and opportunities such as sports fields, shops, restaurants, etc. There are dormitories available for students with a capacity of 5000 people.
Other amenities entail health and fitness centers, hospitals, cafes, student clubs, radio-TV center, library, Olympic swimming pool, national and international banks, travel agencies, post office. There are scheduled coaches commuting between the city and airport from early morning till late night for students. 24 hours security and health services are also available at campus for students.
There are separate dorms available for males and females. There are luxury studio apartments available. There is a park palace residency also available.
Admission requirements for international students
Students are required to submit the required documents.
|International students||International students can apply for admissions online via Gyanberry Admission Service|
|Selection type||On the basis of entrance examinations and students past academic records and grades|
Applying online is easier for international students. The procedure is the same for all the programs.
Admission Requirements for International Students at Near East University are as follows:
- Any of the following certificates or diplomas are accepted
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) Exam results
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) Exam results
- International Baccalaureate Exam results
- American College Testing (ACT) Exam results
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) Exam results
- Higher Secondary Certificate Exam results ( for Pakistani, Indian, and Bangladesh students)
- High School Diploma (for all other Overseas students)
How to apply: Interested students can get in touch with Gyanberry to know the details of entry requirements and get complete application guidance to study at Near East University.
Requirements for Applications to Postgraduate Master’s programs of Near East University are as follows:
- Graduating from a BSc or BA level undergraduate program (Min. CGPA 2.50)
- English Proficiency: TOEFL and other Qualifications may be considered.
- Turkish Proficiency: A requirement only for foreign students applying to departments in which Turkish is the language of instruction. Applicants to the dentistry and medicine faculties must know Turkish before starting clinical training.
Requirements for Applications to Postgraduate Ph.D. programs of Near East University are as follows:
- Graduating from an MSc, MA, or MBA level Master’s program (Min. CGPA 3.00)
- English Proficiency: TOEFL and other Qualifications may be considered.
- The requirement for Turkish proficiency applies only to students applying to departments where the language of instruction is Turkish. For dental and nursing students applying to clinical training, it is mandatory to speak Turkish.
Documents required for application:
- Copy of Undergraduate/Master’s diploma
- English Proficiency Results/Certificates
- Copy of passport
- 2 passport size photos
- 2 reference letters
|September 13-17, 2021; Monday-Friday||Course Registration|
|October 22, 2021; Friday||October 22, 2021; Friday|
|February 07-08, 2022; Monday-Tuesday||Activation of the Courses|
|March 11, 2022; Friday||Last Day for Late Registration|
|June 20-22, 2022; Monday-Wednesday||Activation of the Courses|
|June 22-24, 2022; Wednesday- Friday||Course Registration|
Tuition, fees, and cost of attendance
The annual cost of attendance for bachelor’s degree programs for international students at the Near East University is tabulated below.
AED 447.53 Registration fee is not included and should be paid once only.
|Particulars||Annual expense in USD||Annual Expense in AED|
|Cost of tuition (excluding medicine and related programs)||$ 3638||AED 13,362|
|Cost of living||$ 1160.39||AED 4262|
|The annual cost of attendance||$ 4798||AED 17,624|
Please keep in mind that the tuition rates and cost of living vary depending on the choice of program and accommodation.
Scholarships for international students
There are multifarious scholarships available for students.
- 50% Scholarship is offered to all foreign students in all departments except Medicine and Dentistry Scholarships.
- There is a special program in which Undergraduate program Fees are rebated with 10% Covid-19 Special Scholarship.
- ÖSYM (Student Selection and Placement Centre): 3700 half-scholarships and 480 full- scholarships are offered to students placed in the university through the ÖSYM (Student Selection and Placement Centre). Scholarship requirements: The students who are availing of ÖSYM scholarships are required to keep a score of 2.00 out of 4.00 GPA in order to continue the scholarship benefits.
- Scholarships for foreign students: These scholarships are offered as financial support to NEU current and prospective students and are granted upon evaluation of the students’ academic merit.