North-Caucasus Federal University (NCFU): Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees, and Scholarships
Established in the year 1930 in Stavropol, Russia, North-Caucasus Federal University is a well-known university among students looking to study abroad. The university is most commonly known for its highly reputed Engineering courses. The college has proven itself in the international arena with its innovation-driven comprehensive training and research facilities. North-Caucasus University has state-of-the-art facilities, research opportunities, advanced training centers, capable faculty, and regular seminars. It is one of the most reputed universities for students looking to study in Russia.
The North-Caucasus Federal University ranks high among all universities offering quality education to international students with English as a medium of instruction. Students from the university have found employment in various fields, both in Russia and abroad. At present, there are over 1,500 faculty members and 25,000 students enrolled in the university. Out of these 25,000 students, close to 1,500 are international students. In the last decade, over 20,000 international students from around 70 countries have enrolled in the university. Students primarily apply for courses in the field of Engineering including
- Bachelor of Oil and Gas Engineering
- Bachelor of Nanoengineering
- Bachelor of Electrical Power/Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Electronics and Nanoelectronics
Why should you study at North-Caucasus Federal University?
There are a number of reasons why students from several different countries choose to study at North-Caucasus Federal University.
- The university is the largest academic institution in the region as it was formed as a result of the merger of three major universities.
- It is one of the ten Federal universities of Russia that were established under a special mission to offer top-quality education and training, propelling the region’s economy.
- The university offers its students regular training, research opportunities, seminars, and cultural events.
- Experts from all over the world are regularly invited to the university to conduct seminars and provide training.
- The university has 27 schools of research and state-of-the-art facilities.
- The North-Caucasus Federal University has ties with many universities in other countries. Students can take part in their exchange programs and study in countries such as Italy, Germany, and Portugal. This is one of the most compelling reasons for international students.
- The university offers courses in a range of areas including hospitality, business management, psychology, and engineering.
- Students also received placements at the end of their studies.
- North-Caucasus Federal University holds close to 400 cultural events annually, providing a more holistic experience to the students.
- Graduates from the university hold high standing in various fields in both Russia and abroad.
The North Caucasus Federal University has been ranked quite high be the QS world rankings. This is mainly attributed to the high quality of education and their renowned engineering courses.
|QS EECA University Ranking
|THE University Ranking
|QS BRICS Ranking
|Interfax National University Ranking
|Russia Today University Relevance Ranking
Programs and Courses offered by NCFU
- The North Caucasus University offers its students multiple degree programs. Students can enroll in Bachelor’s, Masters’s, Double Degree, Specialist, and Postgraduate (Ph.D.) Programs.
- Some of the programs offered by the university are Engineering, Administration, Life Sciences, Economics, Environmental Studies, Humanities, Journalism, Law, Medicine, PR, Sociology, Tourism, and Psychology.
- Students can enroll in courses offered in both Russian and English languages.
- Engineering has been found as the most common course among international students studying at the North Caucasus Federal University.
Undergraduate/Bachelor’s Program – English
|Annual Tuition Fees USD
|Annual Tuition Fees AED
|Oil and Gas Engineering
Graduate/Master’s Program – English
|Annual Tuition Fees USD
|Annual Tuition Fees AED
|Technological Machines and Equipment
Campus and Accommodation
The North Caucasus Federal University offers its students a fully-equipped hostel facility on their campus. Students can reside in one of the 8 hostels present at the university, close to the academic buildings. The university is also in the process of adding a 9th dormitory/hostel to their campus.
- Students living on-campus can avail a cafeteria, laundry facilities, computer room, 24/7 wifi and electricity, security, kitchen, regular water, bathroom facilities, basic furniture, and a guest room.
- To avail of on-campus housing, students need to submit a personally written letter, medical certificate, passport, photograms, and medical insurance.
Admissions Requirements for International Students
The North Caucasus Federal University has the same admission requirements for both undergraduates and graduates, with variations in the eligibility requirements. The students need to go through the following steps:
- Choose a Program
- Fill the Application form
- Submit the documents
- Complete the admissions procedure
- Start studying
The most important documents required when applying for undergraduate or graduate programs are the following:
- Application Form
- Past Academic Transcripts
- Copy of the Passport
- Medical Certificate
- Passport Size Photograph
Once the student submits these documents and fills up the application form, they will receive the official admit from the university. International students do not have to undergo any additional examinations, including any English proficiency tests.
To ensure timely document submission and enhance your chances of admission, apply via Gyanberry, an official admission partner of North Caucasus Federal University
Tuition, fees, and the annual cost of attendance
The overall cost of studying in Russia is quite low when compared to other Western countries. Students also do not have to pay much when it comes to living expenses in Stavropol.
|Annual Living Expenses
|Annual Tuition Fees
|Total Annual Expenditure
The total average expenditure for students looking to study in Russia comes up to 8,000 USD/year or 29,384 AED. This amount is inclusive of living expenses and annual tuition fees. The cost of living may increase or decrease depending on the type of accommodation selected by the student.
Scholarships for International Students
The North Caucasus Federal University offers a number of different scholarships to both domestic and international students.
- Students can avail the increased state academic scholarship whether they have an educational, sports, cultural, creative, or research background.
- The O.Potanin Charity Fund is a scholarship contest where students pursuing their Master’s degree at the university can participate.
- Apart from these, international students can also apply for financial assistance at the university.