Tambov Medical University, Tambov
The Tambov State University is a public university in Russia that was established 100 years back in 1918. The university has a rich educational culture and students have options to choose from 150 programs but the primary focus of the University is around Medical courses, Tambov offers a Graduate Program in Medicine which is a six years course, and Dentistry which is five years long.
The University of Tambov is a highly reputed institute to study in Russia and ranked within the top 200 of the National Ranking of the country and the university is ranked in the top 5000 Universities around the globe. It is also recognized by Organizations like WHO and NMC. With more than 12,500 Students on the campus 2,700 are International Students. The university also holds an Acreedition license from the Higher Education of the Russian Federation.
Why study at Tambov State University?
- The University of Tambov has Recognition from WHO for its Medical courses which give credit toward the goodwill of the Institution.
- The cost of tuition fees is on the lower end compared to the western countries as well as the cost of living is quite affordable for International Students.
- The courses are taught by highly qualified professionals with 9 departments and 58 Research Centers and very well equipped library and computer labs.
- Tambov University also has accommodations as there are Hostels within the campus at an affordable cost for comfortable living.
The Tambov State University has many International cooperation Relations with International Universities, Research Centers, and NGOs as Tambov University participates in many International Projects which gives students an experience that is unique to Tambov.
Programs & courses offered at Tambov state medical University
There are 150 programs at the Tambov State University with its well-developed and modernized curriculum in each department. Even though the university is known for its medical undergraduate programs there are still some mainstream courses that are mentioned below.
The courses are offered in study areas of Medicine, Linguistics, Law, Economics, International relationships, Political Science, National Security, etc.
- Medicine – Tambov State Medical University offers a six-year Undergraduate program. The medical curriculum consists of five years of practical experience and one year of internship experience which costs around 3,985USD annually. Tambov State University is among the top institutes to study MBBS in Russia.
- Dentistry — Tambov State University offers a five-year Undergraduate dental program that costs around 3,500 USD per year
- The classes are taught in three languages: English, French, and Russian.
Campus & accommodation at TSU
The campus is located in the picturesque city of Tambov, Russia, on Sovetskaya Street, in the heart of Tambov city. The campus is equipped with cutting-edge technology and infrastructure, such as practical labs and hospitals, where students can receive practical knowledge.
The University presents plenty of opportunities to its students to develop their creative minds while studying on the campus with competitions and clubs in the field of Music, Theatre, Orastreal Music, Sports, and Stand-up comedy and a total of 60 students Unions.
The institution has its hostels for students’ accommodation, there are total of 7 hostels in which 2-3 persons are allowed per room equipped with a dry cleaning room, kitchen, psychological room, and study room.
There are other possibilities as well, such as renting an apartment, but it is a little more expensive than the student hostels.
Admission requirements for international students
The requirement for an undergraduate program as an Indian student is
- The student must have acquired a minimum of 50% of marks in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
- The student should also meet the cut-off NEET exam as per the university list.
|Name of program||Graduate of medicine, Graduate of dentistry.|
|Where to apply||Universities online portal / Gyanberry Admission Service|
|Application deadline||31st December.|
|Standardized test||IELTS is accepted but not mandatory.|
To Complete the application the Applicant must submit some mandatory documents which are.
- Documents Required are –
- SSC Transcribe sheet.
- HSC Transcribe sheet.
- Birth certificate.
- NEET qualification scores.
- Copy of Passport.
- Valid Student Visa.
- 7 Passport size photos.
- Tuition fee payment receipt.
- Medical certificate.
Annual tuition and fees at TSU
|MBBS 1st year||3985 USD, 14641 AED|
|Dentistry 1st year||3500 USD, 12856 AED|
The total course tuition cost
|Total Tuition cost for MBBS||23,910 USD, 87,846 AED|
|Total Tuition cost for Dentistry||21,000 USD, 77,136 AED|
Cost of living in Tambov
Tabulated below are average monthly expenses for international students
|Rent||191 USD, 702 AED|
|Daily necessity||100 USD, 360 AED|
|Food||190 USD, 697 AED|
The total cost of living annually – 5,772 USD/ 21,201 AED.
Scholarships for international students
The University of Tambov does not have any scholarship programs. Nevertheless, international students can avail scholarships in their home country or apply for scholarships provided by the Russian higher education ministry.
Tambov University focuses not only on theoretical studies but also on practical methods. Many fest and extracurricular events are organized to help students to fit in and diversify while on campus, and various types of organizations and sports are included in the university structure to aid students’ overall growth.