The Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Kralove
It was first established and started its educational activities on November 25, 1945, which was the first University Faculty in East Bohemia. The Faculty of Medicine which normally organizes courses in English since the year 1992. The curriculum of the Czech and English courses are more parallel and totally compatible with the current international standards (which was approved by the EU and the US). The clinical instruction also takes place in the Faculty Hospital which is a complex of 37 clinics and departments with 1500 beds and a staff of 4000 doctors and nurses.
About Hradec Kralove
This is a city located in the Czech Republic, in the Hradec Kralove Region of Bohemia. The city was economically based on food-processing technology, photochemical, and the best in electronics manufacture as well. While some traditional industries also include manufacturing of some musical instruments which is best known as PETROF pianos.
The University of Hradec Kralove is located in the area, the University of Defence has its only medical faculty in Hradec Kralove and Charles University in Prague which also has its Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Kralove and Faculty of Pharmacy within. The city is situated in the centre of a very fertile region named the Golden Road on the confluence of Elbe and Orlice and also contains many historical and architectural buildings of interest.
Medical Degree Study Programs in
The actual study of Medical degree programs in General Medicine (6 years) and Dentistry (5 years) are arranged along the lines of theoretical, pre-clinical and clinical studies in theoretical and pre-clinical departments, clinical departments and institutes.
The clinical instruction takes place in the Faculty Hospital which is a complex of 37 clinics and departments with 1400 beds and a staff of 4000 doctors and nurses.
Eligibility Criteria for applying students
- The year in which the admission is being taken, the student must be at least 17 years plus as of 31st December of that corresponding year.
- The students must have completed class 12th with the respective recommended subjects like Biology, Chemistry and Physics , from a recognized university or boards and they must have qualified from their State Respective Entrance Test.
- For students from the General category, 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects, are recommended.
The key factor of Charles University-Faculty of Medicine
|Study program in the English Language||General Medicine||Dentistry|
|Aim of the study:||For GP and further specialisations in all fields with the exception of Dental Medicine||Practising in Dental Medicine|
|Duration of study:||6 years||5 years|
|Form of study:||
|Completion of study:||Medical Degree State Examination||Medical Degree State Examination|
|Degree:||MUDr. (“Medicinae Universae Doctor”)
equal to M.D. – Doctor of Medicine
|MDDr. (“Medicinae Dentium Doctor”)|
Programs in the English Language
- Since the year 1992 the Faculty has organised medical degree study programs in the English language (moreover 400 students are studying in the academic year).
- All classes from both theoretical and clinical studies are taught in English, however, Czech language classes are an obligatory part of the curriculum during the first and the second year of study in order to prepare the students for communication with patients in their clinical lessons.
- The curricula of Czech and English courses are entirely parallel and fully comparable with the current international standard. They are accredited by the EU.
The net annual tuition fees for English programs for entry in October 2021/2022 were fixed by the Faculty at a rate of:
- 310,000.- CZK for the General Medicine program
- 340,000.- CZK for the Dentistry program
International Admission Process
- Students who have completed secondary school education with more than 50% are considered to be eligible for medical degree study programs in General Medicine (6 years) and Dentistry (5 years) and those who could be admitted on the basis of the provided secondary school documents to the same study program in their home countries.
- Prospective students are requested to fill in (fully) our application form and to provide us with the specified enclosure. Applicants outside the Czech Republic may also contact our co-operating agencies, some of which also organize the entrance procedure in their countries.
- The entrance examination for the medicine ( must be held in English) is based on written testing (multiple choice) of the applicant’s knowledge of basic science in Basic human anatomy and physiology or major subjects include:
The Required document of Students to study in Charles University for International Students
- Scanned mark sheet copies of 10th and 12th standard for a bachelor degree is a must.
- A valid passport
- Migration Certificate
- Bank statement of your guardian to confirm that you can afford your tuition fees and living cost
- Medical certificate that has complete reports on HIV and vaccination
- A filled up an application form
- Admission invitation letter from the university you have applied for admission
- Air tickets
Residence of foreigners in the territory of the Czech Republic
- Students from the European Union
(which is including EFTA – Island, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland)
- International Students from the Third countries“ Long term Study visa