Physiotherapy in Cyprus: Best Programs, Universities, Tuition Fees, and Admissions
There are four medical universities to study physiotherapy in Cyprus. Some of these universities are officially represented by Guyanberry. The courses are mostly available as a bachelor’s degree. An undergraduate degree in physiotherapy is awarded as a “bachelor’s in science.” Very few universities offer a postgraduate program in physiotherapy.
The duration of a bachelor’s in physiotherapy is three or four years. All the programs listed in this article are English-taught.
As part of the EU, Cyprus provides excellent benefits to international students. The country follows ECTS. International students can be sure of having their degrees recognized in all EU countries. This facilitates excellent career options.
Keep reading the article to know more about which universities offer physiotherapy programs. Also, discover the admission criteria and cost to study physiotherapy in Cyprus.
Physiotherapy program course structure
Physiotherapy coursework in Cyprus is geared towards shaping professionals. Students are equipped with theoretical and practical knowledge. They are also inculcated with ethics and respect for human rights.
Core skills taught during the four years of physiotherapy programs are
- Analytical skills
- Creative thinking
- Critical thinking
- Ability to work in teams
- Communication skills
A typical course curriculum has the following subjects/topics:
- Foreign language for international students
- Neural Motor Development
- Manipulative Therapy
- Surgical Sciences
- Sports Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Orthotics Rehabilitation
- Occupational Therapy
Each academic year is divided into two semesters. In most universities, practical training begins by the fifth semester. The final year focuses on seminars, electives, clinical practice, graduation projects, and a thesis.
Specializations in physiotherapy include
- Orthopedic Physiotherapy
- Sports Physiotherapy
- Neurological Physiotherapy
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Physiotherapy
- Geriatric Physiotherapy
- Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
- Women’s Health Rehabilitation
- Public Health Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
- Hand rehabilitation
- Sports Recreation Activities in Disabilities
- Occupational Therapy
- Vestibular Physiotherapy
Popular universities to study Physiotherapy in Cyprus
Below is a list of universities offering physiotherapy courses in English. All undergraduate courses are in English. Master’s programs are also offered in some universities. But, they are not in English. International students will have to learn the local language to study in such programs.
The duration of a bachelor’s in physiotherapy is four years. A two-year associate’s degree is offered at Final International University. But the language is Turkish.
|University Name||Program Offered||Duration|
|Eastern Mediterranean University||B.S. in Physiotherapy||4 years|
|Cyprus International University||Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation||4 years|
|Near East University||Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation||4 years|
|European University of Lefke||BSc. Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation||4 years|
Tuition Costs to study physiotherapy in Cyprus
|University||Annual Cost in EUR||Annual Cost in USD*|
|Eastern Mediterranean University**||15,585||15,937|
|Cyprus International University||5,843||5,975|
|Near East University||5,600||5,726|
|European University of Lefke||5,750||5,880|
*Tuition costs are converted to USD at the exchange rate of 1 EUR = 1.02 USD.
**Tuition cost for Eastern Mediterranean University was provided in USD. The amount in USD has been converted to EUR at 1 USD = 0.98 EUR. All exchange rates are subject to periodic change.
Admission requirements to study physiotherapy in Cyprus
This section presents the university-wise admission requirements for international students.
Eastern Mediterranean University
- Higher Secondary School Certificate with minimum 65%
- Academic Transcripts.
- One passport-sized photograph
- Photocopy of the passport
- Proof of English Proficiency or take EMU English Proficiency Exam
Cyprus International University
- Application form
- Secondary school certificate or equivalent
- English Language proficiency TOEFL (65 IBT) or IELTS (5.5).
- Students may also choose to take the CIU English proficiency exam
- Scanned copy of international passport
- Signed CIU Rules and Regulations document (available online).
Near East University
- Application Form
- High school certificate with a minimum score of 50%
- High School Leaving Certificate
- Photocopy of the passport.
- Academic Transcripts
- English language qualification (if any exam is taken)
European University of Lefke
- A completed Application Form
- Photocopy of international passport
- High school graduation certificate or equivalent
- Academic transcripts
- English language certification: TOEFL (65) or IELTS (5.5)
- English preparatory program proficiency exam (in case no standardized English proficiency exam is taken)
You can apply to any of these universities easily through Gyanberry. Our admission counselors can help you walk through all the details of the process. Moreover, as our registered member, you can enjoy several exclusive benefits that can be of immense help to your admissions journey.
Career scope after studying physiotherapy in Cyprus
Physiotherapy programs in Cyprus train undergraduate students to become “physiotherapists.” They can work in a variety of workplaces, such as:
- Therapy Centers
- University Hospitals
- Public and Private Hospitals
- Special education Centers
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Fitness Centers and Gyms
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Sport Clubs
- Nursing Homes
- Private Practice
According to PayScale, the average annual salary of physiotherapists in Cyprus is EUR 23,250.
In comparison, the average annual salary of physiotherapists in the UK is GBP 29,571 (EUR 35,208).
In the US, the range starts at USD 34,899 (EUR 34,130).