Germany offers a top-notch education that is renowned around the world, thanks to its long and distinguished history of higher education. Business schools in Germany are among the best in the world and perform better than the global average. Also, being the economic powerhouse of Europe, Germany has a lot to offer in terms of employment opportunities for business graduates. As a result, an increasing number of students are leaving their home countries and moving to Germany to study business-related courses like BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration), work, and even live there.
Looking for more reasons to enroll in a Bachelor of Business Administration program in Germany? Here are some benefits of pursuing a BBA in Germany.
- A good number of German business schools offer degrees exclusively in English
- The tuition fees are marginal and lower than in other countries like the US and the UK
- German business schools have a strong network of international partner universities for a semester abroad study
- German degrees are recognized and accredited, making them globally employable
- Unemployment in Germany is very low i.e. just at 5%
- BBA graduates from German schools get employed right after graduation
- Germany is a corporate headquarters of a huge number of global companies like Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Siemens, Allianz, Adidas, Porsche, Deutsche Bahn, Deutsche Bank, and Bosch
If the above pointers have piqued your interest in enrolling in a BBA degree at a German university, then continue reading this article.
Highlights of BBA in Germany
Popular BBA colleges in Germany
Many students believe that they must learn German to study in Germany. Although this is true for German public business schools, it is not accurate for the majority of private business schools. There are many prestigious business schools in Germany that offer Bachelor of Business Administration in English. Here we have compiled a list of private German schools that only offer a BBA course in English for the convenience of overseas students. You don’t need to learn German to acquire an admission offer because the full curriculum is taught in English.
|University Name||Degree Offered||Duration|
|Frankfurt School of Finance & Management||Bachelor in Business Administration (BSc)||3.5 years|
|WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management||Bachelor in International Business Administration (BSc)||3 years|
|EU Business School||Bachelor of
Business Administration (BBA)
|Kuehne Logistics University||Bachelor in Business Administration (BSc)||3 years|
|Steinbeis University School of Management and Innovation||Bachelor of Arts
in Business Administration (BA)
|SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences||International Business Administration (BA)||3 years and 3.5 years|
|Berlin International University of Applied Sciences||BA in Business Administration | Human Resource Management and Leadership and BA in Business Administration | Human Resource Management and Leadership||3 years|
|IUBH: International University of Applied Sciences||BA in Business Administration (Online and on campus)||3 to 6 years (depending on time model)|
BBA in Germany- fees, and living cost
A well-known fact is that business schools all around the world are notorious for charging exorbitant fees. With regard to the majority of German business schools, that isn’t always the case. Here are a few inexpensive business schools in Germany for international students.
|University Name||Tuition Fees (Euros/year)||Tuition Fees (USD*/year)|
|Frankfurt School of Finance & Management||14,100||14,414|
|WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management||25,500||26,067|
|EU Business School||12,900||13,187|
|Kuehne Logistics University||11,960 (Standard track), 13,330 (Intensive track)||12,226 (Standard track), 13,626 (Intensive track)|
|Steinbeis University School of Management and Innovation||9,000||9,200|
|SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences||9,000 (Standard track), 10,200 (Intensive track)||9,200 (Standard track), 10,427 (Intensive track)|
|Berlin International University of Applied Sciences||7,920||8,096|
|IUBH: International University of Applied Sciences||2,680 to 5,361||2739 to 5,480|
Cost of living
Many international students choose a destination based on low living costs. If you are one of them then Germany is a perfect study destination for you. The average cost of living in Germany is 867 Euros per month. A breakdown of living costs includes the following
|Particulars||Cost in Euros/month||Cost in USD*/month|
|Books and other college supplies||24||25|
The average annual cost of living in Germany is around 10,404 Euros or 10,626 USD.
BBA in Germany: Eligibility and requirements
Admission to BBA courses in Germany is based on the combination of secondary school performance, English proficiency test scores, and university entrance test or online assessment. The tests and online assessments are designed to test candidates’ cognitive, mathematical, and language skills. Students who are interested in studying business administration should also demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Thus, it is crucial to include information about your extracurricular activities to make your motivational letter more compelling. The business schools we mentioned only teach their courses in English. They, therefore, expect students to submit English proficiency test scores. German business schools in general accept the following test scores
- TOEFL iBT: 87
- IELTS (Academic): 6.5 (overall)
- Cambridge English: 173
- Pearson Test of English Academic: 71
Admission applications should be made by students at least six months prior to the deadline. There is a centralized application service called Uniassist through which students can apply to over 170 German universities. Although applying using the Uniassist portal can appear simple, German universities have a reputation for rejecting applications that don’t meet their requirements. To avoid this situation, you can also use Gyanberry admission services to apply to the German business schools of your choice. Our expert counselors will take care of everything starting from
- Selecting a good college
- Putting together your application
- Helping you write a motivational letter
- Handling your visa service application
Here are some general admission requirements for admission to BBA programs in Germany:
- High school or secondary education (IB, Abitur, A-Levels)
- Official transcripts
- University entrance test or online assessment
- Letter of recommendation
- Motivation letter
- Work experience (optional)
- Valid passport
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Health certificate
- Proof of financial stability
A peculiar thing about the academic requirements for many universities in Germany is that they require 13 years of schooling. That means an additional one year of education after the typical 10+2 high school education. To make up for that extra year, international students can go for the foundation or Studienkollegs programs offered by many universities in Germany.
Career options after BBA in Germany
When selecting a subject of study, every student should consider the job potential of that field before coming to a decision. Being a versatile degree, BBA has a lot of scope in terms of job prospects. Many students with a BBA from a German university can be employed globally. Not only that but a BBA student can also pursue an MBA course for career expansion. Here are a few career options for a Bachelor of Business Administration graduate (infographic content).
- Investment banker (Average salary €50,868/year, PayScale)
- Accountant (Average salary €39574/year, PayScale)
- Human resource manager (Average salary €48925/year, PayScale)
- Marketer (Average salary €44680/year, PayScale)
- Sales executive (Average salary €65803/year, PayScale)
- R and D development manager (Average salary €73698/year, PayScale)
- Real estate agent (Average salary €51,800/year, SalaryExplorer)
- Trader (Average salary €77,849/year, Glassdoor)
- Financial consultant/adviser (Average salary €49720/year, PayScale)
- Financial manager (Average salary €61928/year, PayScale)
- Loan officer (Average salary €50,968/year, SalaryExpert)
- Brand manager (Average salary €48752/year, PayScale)
- Advertising manager (Average salary €44680/year, PayScale)
*Note: The tuition fees and other costs are converted based on the current exchange rate, i.e., 1 Euro = 1.02 USD. Exchange rates are subject to periodic change.